Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

MPP10 is the best Optimus Prime ever made, fact.

Notice how the prime with the least uniform paint job and the lack of yellow light detail is also the one that cost £180 vs £80 and £40 for MPP10 and MP10V respectively.

Wow, can't believe I've never heard of the MP10V.
I've got both Prime Masterpiece versions, so got the MPP10 in black, and now just ordered the MP10V white variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

One of my favored seller sites has some bonkers deals going on

KO PE Lio Prime for $70 shipped
https://showzstore.com/neoart-leonidas-prime-lion-king-white_p0022_s0024.html

NBK Bonecrusher for $10 shipped
https://showzstore.com/nbk-nbk-03-bulldozer-bonecrusher_p0149_s0029.html

https://showzstore.com/FlashSale.html

That price on the Lio Prime is unbeatable.

Balls, I forgot to get on this, been completely swamped at work. Don't suppose he's the type to be lenient with his sale times? I'd grab both of those if he is.

Lepecard posted:

Entertainment Earth just listed TR SkyShadow for $30.
Worth noting they also have Victorion for 60 down from 120 and a Combiner Wars Onslaught/Scattershot combo for 20 bucks instead of 50.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB3901
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB0975E

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Burkion posted:

Over all?

I think he should be. The top of Meg's head is flat while Prime has his head fins that should top off above Megs.

Prime should also have more bulk than Megs body wise because Megatron is completed by his Fusion Cannon, which should be the big gently caress off thing.

Eye to eye they should roughly meet, which would put Prime a bit taller than Megatron.

Prime and Megatron should not meet eye to eye, either metaphorically, philosophically or literally. Good guys should be slightly smaller than bad guys as a basic rule. Have your giant Prime by all means, but have an even bigger Megatron.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

EthanSteele posted:

Prime and Megatron should not meet eye to eye, either metaphorically, philosophically or literally. Good guys should be slightly smaller than bad guys as a basic rule. Have your giant Prime by all means, but have an even bigger Megatron.

I agree. Megatron should be bigger and more powerful than Optimus because you wanna root for the underdog. If Optimus is bullying a little Megatron, then that looks bad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Uh, Firage, you wanna put some pants on, buddy?

OH GOD STOP THAT :stare:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Looks like a thong holding the package in. Perfect to go with FT's Arcee! :o

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just got TR Brawn today. He's really fun.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

EthanSteele posted:

You mean the ones folded up really neatly? Cos yeah, those ones are definitely better than whole regular robot legs hanging off the back. The problem super mode Prime had was the big trailer flap (which was fine for original PM Prime). Armada Prime had a terrible truck mode though, just his arms hanging out the side.

If the truck mode is covered by the trailer then that's not so bad, but still ugly for when no trailer, but the legs just hanging out there have definitely put me off a bit.

well, I mean, all these things have to take concessions, and yeah, I forgot about the giant base platforms having off his back.

I dunno. Even great super modes like Super Fire Convoy had stuff like his super mode head just sitting out there in vehicle mode, trying its best not to look like a head.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The hollow plastic and exposed ugliness is what kills the back of PotP Optimus, more than the legs.

You have an entire trailer to turn into power armor, you could have figured some way to cover that up.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's a limitation placed on Hasbro wrought toys. It's parts count against amount of plastic. A gimmick like this is going to slam super hard into that. It's not "figuring it out". It's figuring it out under very tight constraints.

In more pleasant news the best Dai Atlas* in some number of years is only $60 on the Fansproject Store

Some other weird sales too. Was kinda tempted by that FP Roadbuster at $45 but eh. Also their Highbrow, which is honestly really good at $40. Shipping is flat rate $17 unfortunately.

* the only

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, even with his flaws, TR Blitzwing is way better at being Blitzwing than Thrilling 30 Blitzwing.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
There's a guy in New Zealand selling just the boxes for Transformers, like Devastator's box. Is that seriously something people would buy?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

He's literally just a scaled up MP-10 with a bunch of improvements like chrome and stuff. Are MP-10's proportions messed up, too?
Actually MPP10 and MP10V have enlongated shin, and MP10V has elongated thighs too.

History Comes Inside! posted:

MPP10 is the best Optimus Prime ever made, fact.

Count the leg grates and thigh stripe details.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Also chrome isn't an improvement, chrome sucks and disintegrates and is the worst part of MP-10 and MP Hot Rod.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Disco De Soto posted:

There's a guy in New Zealand selling just the boxes for Transformers, like Devastator's box. Is that seriously something people would buy?

If you're one of those weirdo collectors that has to keep their toys in boxes, sealed or otherwise, sure. I only keep boxes for the big and expensive things.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was really tempted to hang onto the box for the FoC G2 Bruticus set because the packaging went totally all-out in the G2 styling and it was really amazing, but then I decided that if I really need to experience it again, there are bound to be hi-res photos of it on a dozen different Transformers fan sites anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's a Chinese review of POTP Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gWowsbNWs

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The MSJ posted:

Here's a Chinese review of POTP Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gWowsbNWs

If anything, I'm more excited for the figure now.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Has anyone found any of the Prime Masters? How do they compare to the Titan Masters? I was debating looking for some today just cuz I need to get out of the house anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why didn't they wait to redo Overlord until this line?

Prime Masters are basically the Engine poo poo he used right?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Good Listener posted:

Has anyone found any of the Prime Masters? How do they compare to the Titan Masters? I was debating looking for some today just cuz I need to get out of the house anyway.

I haven't seen any in store yet, are you going to Target? http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=087-06-5845

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Nah the closest Target is a little farther than I planned to drive today haha. It doesn't look like any of them are in stock there anyway though. I figured I'd just swing by the toy aisle in Meijer while cashing in a lottery ticket from the other week/picking up random snacks.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Burkion posted:

Why didn't they wait to redo Overlord until this line?

Prime Masters are basically the Engine poo poo he used right?

Powermasters were basically just a power boost. Prime Masters are straight up magic powers mostly. That said, Overlord could still stick a pair of them in his chest slots and you can use the power of ~*imagination*~.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Anyone interested in the Chaos on Velocitron set in box and complete for a $100 shipped in the US? Figured I’d ask here first before it went to eBay

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TFRazorsaw posted:

well, I mean, all these things have to take concessions, and yeah, I forgot about the giant base platforms having off his back.

I dunno. Even great super modes like Super Fire Convoy had stuff like his super mode head just sitting out there in vehicle mode, trying its best not to look like a head.

Yeah! But all of those things are at least 15 years old. I'm 100% certain that they're worse than PotP Prime in every conceivable way that that isn't having big bits of robot hanging off them, but it is still disappointing to see when I was really looking forward to it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZIV2HxgrN4

Starscream video is out. I'm really, really loving the torso transformation. Super excited for Elita-1 next year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It’s time for…

:siren: THE 2017 TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA! :siren:

Yes, it’s that time of the year again!

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1) First thing, sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/MjPykMGS9v5NmP2E3

If you find you are having problems, email me at doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com
In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa and don’t want to confuse the two.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is THURSDAY NOVEMBER 30TH! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments will go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $25-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

6) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

7) SHIPPING DEADLINES:

Royal Mail last posting days: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings

USPS Holiday deadlines: https://www.usps.com/holiday/

8) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! Take pictures! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies your Santa brought you.

9) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 15th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

10) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

11) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 30, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Man I want to participate in a Secret Santa someday, but the whole "20-30 dollar minimum" thing most of them do makes it impossible for me to do them, as my December budget is extremely tight enough as it is

this is what happens when you have never had a paying job(and likely never will at this rate) and your only income is a Social Security payment of less than 700 dollars a month

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SpazmasterX posted:

Starscream video is out. I'm really, really loving the torso transformation. Super excited for Elita-1 next year.

Oh, Elita-1 is gonna be a remold of that Starscream? Sold! Maybe. Probably?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Oh, Elita-1 is gonna be a remold of that Starscream? Sold! Maybe. Probably?
She is, yes. Probably the only voyager I'm sold on within the leaks.

I was into the idea of a Starscream combiner til I saw the crown. Sick of that poo poo being on everything now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Spiderdrake posted:

Sick of that poo poo being on everything now.

Everything being the Masterpiece version and Cybertron Starscream? I can't recall any other official figures that have a crown.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Thanks a lot you fuckers! I have now ordered that Fansproject Dai Atlas. I wanted it back when Vangelus reviewed it last year but not 120-130 bucks plus shipping wanted. 77 bucks is still a touch high for a toy but that thing looks gorgeous so gently caress it.

I also got the Walgreens Clone set for 14 dollars today and found one solitary Prime Masters toy being Dreadwind at a Target. (Luckily the region I was driving to was mostly for retro videogames and I only bought Star Tropics with manual and note for 15. If this store had the Commodore 64 boxed they had in stock it already sold. Thankfully.) I guess I am just gonna have to get Twin Twist and Misfire online. I'd like Windblade but I don't need her having the previous Deluxe.

I'm also torn on wanting these two on sale but given ordering NOT DAI ATLAS one if not both of them aren't happening:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/20829
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/30387?utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing

I'm more likely to get the Cy Kill over the NOT RATCHET because Cykill is gorgeous and I like Gobots. And there just doesn't seem to be a perfect Ratchet by anyone. I more like Comic style with red head than cartoon white based designs. (Though this one and the Igear one both looked pretty legit. This one would involve me spraypainting the head however.)

Its not like I need a Blinking Light Win any time soon right? :smith:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you're looking for a good Cy-kill, get the SalMoore one. It's about the same price on BBTS and looks pretty fantastic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh god, I didn't realize the entire back of the plane mode is two big stickers. That looks so tacky to me.

SpazmasterX posted:

Everything being the Masterpiece version and Cybertron Starscream? I can't recall any other official figures that have a crown.
Combiner Wars Starscream too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If it's an accessory who gives a poo poo?

At least it's another thing that sets him apart from the other Seekers

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
My policy with Gag gifts iis to not consider them part of the $25 gift I'm sending. I will pay for my sense of humor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's a video of that Takara transforming Darth Vader prototype being transformed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOvfkri14LQ

SpazmasterX posted:

That torso mode really does look good, and more importantly stable. Even the simple plane-to-robot transformation (which looks like a slightly more complicated CW deluxe Aerialbot) does not bother me.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

The MSJ posted:

That torso mode really does look good, and more importantly stable. Even the simple plane-to-robot transformation (which looks like a slightly more complicated CW deluxe Aerialbot) does not bother me.

Something about the combined mode's general shape/proportions feel very movie starscream to me. I wonder if it's intentional, or if I'm just seeing things?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LunarCress posted:

Something about the combined mode's general shape/proportions feel very movie starscream to me. I wonder if it's intentional, or if I'm just seeing things?

I think it's intentional. Transformers love inter-line references like that.

I wonder who the two unannounced Starscream combiner limbs are. What is the combined form name anyway? Star King?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The MSJ posted:

I wonder who the two unannounced Starscream combiner limbs are. What is the combined form name anyway? Star King?
Whatever they are, they're not out til 2019. So it's gonna be a while before we know.

Pretty sure there just isn't. Elita-1 gets Moonracer and Firestar at least.