Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

mind the walrus posted:

What's he up to in 616(?) these days?

Let's see!

Wikipedia posted:

In the X-Men Forever series, Essex is still an immortal over a century old. However, he is stuck in the body of a ten-year-old child. Sinister is actually a combination of armored suit/hologram used by Essex to command the Maurauders, reasoning no one would follow his true appearance. He poses as a child at a science lab that uses young mutants and targets Scott Summers's son, Chris. The series ends with Chris being kidnapped on orders from Sinister.

Thread canon: plane kid is actually Sinister :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mikl posted:

Let's see!

Thread canon: plane kid is actually Sinister :hai:

X-Men Forever isn't 616 (hence being under "Other versions"). This would be the most current update from Wiki:

quote:

With the release of the Terrigen Mist in the atmosphere of the Earth, it was discovered the substance was actually incredibly toxic with long-term exposure for mutants.[46] Mr. Sinister began experimenting on unwilling subjects, trying to make Inhuman and Mutant DNA co-exist in order to allow the creation of a genetically superior species of mutants. Sinister caught the attention of the X-Men after the disappearance of Colossus and Magik at the hands of the Marauders. When Sinister was confronted by the group of mutants, he deployed his only successful specimen, the seemingly-revived Cyclops. It is also revealed that he has several clones of Gambit, Cyclops, Cannonball, Sabretooth, Mystique, and several others which he maintains locked as his prize collection.[47] The revived Cyclops was, however, revealed to be actually another experiment of Sinister who combined Scott Summers' genetic material with Inhuman DNA.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I didn’t think there was a way to make Scott Summers more boring, but apparently mixing in some Inhuman dna did the trick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

notthegoatseguy posted:

Why is the guy with only one arm driving?

because he's the most intelligent person in the car somhow

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men Forever isn't 616 (hence being under "Other versions"). This would be the most current update from Wiki:
Was this that phase where they finally dressed him like a Victorian scientist and showed a clone pen of Gambits he purposefully mentally stunted and taught Cajun accents to? I loving loved that phase.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

No you have to post the best part of this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
LSBSLV
SVMMSRS
CRSSD
RELLLPC
GVTERPS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SilverSupernova posted:

You keep pushing for Sabretooth when we should be hoping for Next Time: Welcome Home, Son!

:hfive:

One day their beautiful space-son will come back, perhaps for Christmas with Aunt May and Uncle Moley :shobon:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
might? peter how many times has this guy transformed himself into a giant lizard over his loving arm

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Why is the guy with only one arm driving?

And it somehow got worse.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I have to say, after finally catching up on the entire thread, I'm not sure there's ever been a panel that better encapsulates Newspaper Peter Parker.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, there have been a lot of panels where his word bubble contains only question marks

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Looks like the Doc's failed cloning experiments are oozing onto the surface of the swamp.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For a one-armed guy, Dr. Connors sure drives a lot of vehicles.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have to say, after finally catching up on the entire thread, I'm not sure there's ever been a panel that better encapsulates Newspaper Peter Parker.

The one where he and both ant-men are tiny, being attacked by a spider, and Peter says "I'll handle this, I have the proportional strength of a spider!" Next panel he's getting lifted by the spider, and old ant-man say "...but so does the spider!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

The one where he and both ant-men are tiny, being attacked by a spider, and Peter says "I'll handle this, I have the proportional strength of a spider!" Next panel he's getting lifted by the spider, and old ant-man say "...but so does the spider!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Help! The spider also has the strength of a spider!

Its one of my favourites :3:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Synthbuttrange posted:

It is THE quintessential NSM strip, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing encapsulates his bravery AND stupidity so well.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

It and the "Oh no!" when encountering a small child making fun of him are probably the side panels of my NSM Triptych.

The center is, of course, him getting hit by a random brick.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ConfusedUs posted:

Precambrian posted:

It and the "Oh no!" when encountering a small child making fun of him are probably the side panels of my NSM Triptych.

The center is, of course, him getting hit by a random brick.

All great, but none of them feature Newspaper Peter Parker :confused:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SilverSupernova posted:

You keep pushing for Sabretooth when we should be hoping for Next Time: Welcome Home, Son!
Here's hoping they try to hug a random swamp racoon.

Mikl posted:

LSBSLV
SVMMSRS
CRSSD
RELLLPC
GVTERPS
Who's that last one supposed to be? Based on the way they're abusing the Greek alphabet elsewhere, Guthrps?

Also they seem to think the prescription symbol is an actual Greek letter.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene posted:

All great, but none of them feature Newspaper Peter Parker :confused:
And there's an alarming lack of ENTER: SABERTOOTH.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Knormal posted:

Who's that last one supposed to be? Based on the way they're abusing the Greek alphabet elsewhere, Guthrps?

Also they seem to think the prescription symbol is an actual Greek letter.

Guthrie

And Mr. Sinister doesn't follow your alphabetical rules!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Synthbuttrange posted:

The look on Hanks face is what makes it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mister Sinister is a british man from the 19th century, he is all about appropriating things and wildly misusing them outside of their original context.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Begemot posted:

Mister Sinister is a british man from the 19th century, he is all about appropriating things and wildly misusing them outside of their original context.

This sounds like a good setup for a what if story where Sinister gets his hands on the Infinity Gauntlet.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They're on a boat already? Man, this plot is really moving along.

I'm kinda thinking that Connors is actually Mysterio, and the comic is dropping hints that this guy has two working arms.

mind the walrus posted:

Was this that phase where they finally dressed him like a Victorian scientist and showed a clone pen of Gambits he purposefully mentally stunted and taught Cajun accents to? I loving loved that phase.

That was during AvX, when Sinister got his hands on some cosmic power. He took over a big chunk of Subterrania and created a perfect nation where every citizen was him. It was pretty great.

If Sinister is involved in NSM, he's probably already replaced MJ with an evil clone.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Tim Curry Sinister is the best Sinister.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

For a one-armed guy, Dr. Connors sure drives a lot of vehicles.

Why do you think one-armed people can't drive?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Endless Mike posted:

Why do you think one-armed people can't drive?

You need both arms for 10 and 2.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
You're dramatically overestimating how properly/safely the average person drives.

We should count ourselves lucky that Connors isn't constantly switching his one arm between his phone and the steering wheel.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This entire arc will involve Dr. Connors doing increasingly intricate things flawlessly while Peter and MJ sit back and watch

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats just a shack Peter.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
In keeping with the current arc, Connors probably built that entire house by himself.

But if only he had his other arm!

E: Altough if that were the case I’d love it if it turned out to be the Newspaper version of Groverhaus

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 28, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
connors really is peter's mentor, huh?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sometimes when I'm tired of science I like to sit on my rocking chair and just watch the swamp.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When Connors turns into the Lizard, MJ will be able to run to safety by:

a) venturing farther into a remote swamp filled with lizards
b) ummm

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Fun fact, there are actually fairly few species of lizard in the Everglades. There are more now because of all the invasive species, but really the only native lizard you'd find in the swamp parts of the Everglades is the green anole. The upland drier parts would have a few skinks and legless lizards, and a gecko, but somehow there ended up being no native aquatic lizards in the swamp. Snakes and turtles are another story.

So what I guess I'm saying is The Lizard is going to end up being defeated by loneliness in that form too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He's going to accidentally use legless lizard DNA and lose all his limbs.

Alternatively, he's going to use turtle or crocodile DNA, which will lead to Barry Allen Speed-Forcing his way into the comic to hand them a cease-and-desist letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

It's only a model.

• Locked thread