Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Does that have the refresh mode? I've been kind of wanting one of those.

Yeah - it's got the "magic seat" and one of the configurations is called refresh mode. It's pretty sweet - gonna be great on long road trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

metztli posted:

I bought a crystal black 2018 Honda Fit - it's the first car I've ever personally, individually bought - and it is lovely and I find myself making excuses to go drive places.
I have an older Fit and I really love it. It was cheap, gets good mileage, fits a surprising amount of stuff inside, and yet is pretty small and easy to park. The engine isn't super powerful, but it's really good enough for all normal driving. I'll probably buy another one if I ever need to replace it.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Yeah it has so much space! And it isn’t powerful but it still feels sporty enough to be fun to drive.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I thought maybe it was decent power-wise, the originally came with paddle shifters IIRC.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006

colas posted:

I thought maybe it was decent power-wise, the originally came with paddle shifters IIRC.

My trim level has paddle shifters, though the engine isn't any more or less powerful than the base model. It feels "powerful enough" and I certainly didn't feel like it was struggling on the highway at 75-80 MPH, but then again, I've never driven anything that would be considered powerful so IDK.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Christmas ornaments

Pinback hoodie

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Christmas ornaments

Aaaaahhhhhhhh. You bought them. gently caress I wanted them so bad but I didn’t get them.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Birthday/Christmas presents for boyfriend

Just-because present for me

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

There is a lack of activity in this thread even after Black Friday. What did you guys buy!?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

obi_ant posted:

There is a lack of activity in this thread even after Black Friday. What did you guys buy!?
8TB Western Digital external hard drive, supposedly with WD Red, at the ridiculous price of $16.125/TB to shuck and use as internal

Overwatch for 50% off, even though I don't really play FPS's other than casual CS:GO

120s 2-ply button-up on clearance for $7

$35 Japanese socks that are supposed to be the best thing ever for $8

And not directly related to Black Friday but purchased in the last 2 weeks:

Lightly used set of golf irons (7 iron depicted)

One lightly used golf wedge

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Roland Rubix 22 interface. Works with desktop and iOS so I can chuck down a recording whenever something pops into my head. Also works great as a clean headphone amp for practicing.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

obi_ant posted:

my smart lights are supposed to show up on Wednesday!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Josh Lyman posted:

And not directly related to Black Friday but purchased in the last 2 weeks:

Lightly used set of golf irons (7 iron depicted)

One lightly used golf wedge

What's your handicap? I hit with those irons once and whoo boy they are unforgiving

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bought a 6 qt Instant Pot because it's Amazon's deal of the day. Gonna make some chili when I get it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Is this Pinback the band? Haven't heard that name in a long time.

I got some birthday gifts:

Also some money which I used to sign up for some much-needed hockey classes

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

Bought a 6 qt Instant Pot because it's Amazon's deal of the day. Gonna make some chili when I get it.

I'm getting one for Christmas and I've been monomaniacallly researching recipes. You can put an entire turkey in the 8qt one. That rules.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

obi_ant posted:

Clothes and books. I don't have the patience to sift through imgur's bullshit to post pictures.

I also get to pay 20% of a hospital stay. Again, no photos.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Is that a guitar capo?

Over the weekend I bought a few things I've had my eye on for awhile...

A pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 noise cancelling headphones to replace my dying Chinese "Bohm" headphones:

New Roomba 890 that I can use an app to create scheduling, better navigation, and has tangle free brushes that don't need pet hair pulled out of every day:

And some of the new Amazon Echoes so we can have simultaneous whole home music... Soon as they add Spotify to that ability:

And some new Christmas decorations from Target, because they've got some pretty great stuff to choose from this year.

E: Oh, and a complete set of replacement LED lights for my car, because the rear turn signal bulb died and I figured gently caress it, might as well go whole hog since I'm sure the rest of the lights aren't too far behind.

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Nov 27, 2017

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is that a guitar capo?

it's the dang aphex twin logo !!!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

prom candy posted:

Is this Pinback the band? Haven't heard that name in a long time.

yup yup.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is that a guitar capo?

That's what I think of whenever I see it.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
had to cash in on those sweet RadioShack cyber monday deals

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

A pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 noise cancelling headphones to replace my dying Chinese "Bohm" headphones:

You're gonna love those things, but you need the app to dick around with the in-headphone EQ

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Are they still doing stuff? I remember I think Napster or maybe Kazaa had some kind of recommendation engine back in the very early 2000s and I found a few of their songs through that, never heard anyone talk about them before or since.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

prom candy posted:

Are they still doing stuff? I remember I think Napster or maybe Kazaa had some kind of recommendation engine back in the very early 2000s and I found a few of their songs through that, never heard anyone talk about them before or since.

Yes they are. last album was I think 2015 or 2014, then Rob Crow took a break from music for a while, but they are touring, so I imagine they are working on a new album too.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I don't do black friday, though I was tempted this year by some power tools. But I did pick these up on Saturday for a bargain at a garage sale.

This pretty decent old Sansui 2000a receiver.

Seen topless here for a dust out and some pot cleaning. Not bad for something approaching 50 years old. Looks pretty well cared for. Even still had the schematic in an envelope glued to the bottom of the case.

I'd like to find another old receiver from higher up in its brand's range eventually, but this one is pretty solid for now.

Also these Sansui SP3000s, also in excellent shape.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

For mom:

+

For dad:

For brother:

+ some clothing

For sister-in-law:

+ some cosmetics

For myself:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Thanks for the heads up on the LookHuman sale! Got my husband this blanket for Christmas.

He loves dinosaurs :3:

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

Got a: Dell SE2717HR 27"

Was on sale for 150$ @ Newegg. Needed a second monitor for programming, hope it is decent.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I purchased a 12-issue subscription of The New Yorker for 8$.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I said I wouldn't buy anything on Black Friday, then I did. Then I said I wouldn't buy anything on Cyber Monday, then I did. Hooray for payment plans! :shepspends:

I can't wait to be able to listen to podcasts over my absurdly loud fan that I sit in front of to cool off after I get out of the shower.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Phthisis posted:

had to cash in on those sweet RadioShack cyber monday deals

Looks like the world's worst Lite-Brite. What it do?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

queserasera posted:

A wild guess but I think it might be a dice.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

queserasera posted:

It's a kit to make an electronic die. If you tilt it it'll generate a random die roll and display it on the LEDs. I just kinda feel like doing some soldering and I could hypothetically get some use out of it. And it was $5 on sale so why not.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Phthisis posted:

It's a kit to make an electronic die. If you tilt it it'll generate a random die roll and display it on the LEDs. I just kinda feel like doing some soldering and I could hypothetically get some use out of it. And it was $5 on sale so why not.

Even at $5 it seems like a waste of money.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
A whole lotta things are a waste of money, friend

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

Magic Underwear posted:

Even at $5 it seems like a waste of money.

Soldering is my zen activity and I don't have the time or money for anything more interesting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

8TB Western Digital external hard drive, supposedly with WD Red, at the ridiculous price of $16.125/TB to shuck and use as internal

USPS says it was left on my front porch. I was at home, car in driveway, but package isn't there or in my mailbox. I guess I should assume a stolen/missing package at this point. :smith:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Phthisis posted:

Soldering is my zen activity and I don't have the time or money for anything more interesting.

It definitely scratches a mental itch and I used to request any and all soldering projects at my old job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Josh Lyman posted:

USPS says it was left on my front porch. I was at home, car in driveway, but package isn't there or in my mailbox. I guess I should assume a stolen/missing package at this point. :smith:

If this is anything like my USPS office, it will be delivered tomorrow and was marked delivered today due to laziness