Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

Now watch Murata have it done by like Dec 1st or something

Hellsau posted:

That'll be a nice Christmas present.

It's been done since September but he just keeps redrawing it over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

skaianDestiny posted:

Apparently the next chapter's gonna be 100 pages long. ONE's rough draft itself was about 50 pages.

Jesus.
When this arc comes out in Trade Paperback form it's going to take up like 8 to 10 feet of shelf space.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YcJkYBAxQ&t=91s

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/930373385896452097

*fans self*

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 14, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
drat, that's a sexy saitama

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It looks like Genos has sent the drama CD crew all his notes on what must Saitama look like, huh? :v:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Serious Series: Serious Style.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Hot drat

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now give me that but with a silly Saitama face.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. S-Class.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Now this I could get into.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. S-Class.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Schwarzwald posted:

Now this I could get into.

King: Excuse me Saitama, Genos is on the phone. It's an emergency.

Saitama: I'll get it later. We have important work to do.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jason Statham confirmed for live action movie.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

graham cracker posted:

King: Excuse me Saitama, Genos is on the phone. It's an emergency.

Saitama: I'll get it later. We have important work to do.

Can you get me a printout of saitama smiling?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He just has fighting spirit much like my good friend and best pal Metal Bat.

If for no other reason, the dub is really good cause Atomic Samurai, Metal Bat, Metal Knight, and Bang are Kamina, Viral, Lordgenome, and Kars respectively.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Just so everyone knows Murata overestimated the number of pages. It's *only* going to be 135 pages.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

skaianDestiny posted:

Just so everyone knows Murata overestimated the number of pages. It's *only* going to be 135 pages.

135 two-page spreads

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UchihaHirou posted:

135 two-page spreads

Griffith is gonna look pretty good.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Murata is the hero we have, but don't deserve.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wanna smooch ONE, Murata and Fubooby for their precious gifts to mankind tbh

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I want to see Saitama punch a large monster into bits again, it's been a while I feel

[€dit] actually he killed that monkeyman monster in the tournament I guess

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
And off-screened Gouketsu's head back onto the screen.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
ONE-brand Do-S

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

That new Hitman movie looking weird.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I looked at that twitter account and my only question is why didn't they call the candy bar "One Crunch Man"

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Murata changed the Sonic vs. Gale and Hellfire fight. Sonic manages to hold his own against their human forms.

https://imgur.com/a/hW9Pv

Also an interesting post about the making of the upcoming chapter. Spoilers for the webcomic (and the upcoming chapter obviously) if you care about that sort of thing, so beware. Quoting the first part, more interesting stuff in the link itself about Garou, Bang, and Genos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/7eb1sf/manga_stream_spoilers_wait_a_minute_metal_bat_was/dq4jrtw/?context=3

quote:

• According to what Murata said on stream, ONE’s original storyboard had Bang going alone against Elder with his cross fang dragon slayer fists water stream rock cutting fist. Bang’s plan was to push Elder aside, but was only able to halt Elder’s advance while Bang ended up being the one getting pushed aside. Elder took no damage, and Genos made a comment on being shocked by the power Bang demonstrated.
  • Murata didn’t like the fact that Bomb got so little screen time, and said Bomb is even stronger than Bang and he needs his fair share, so Murata decided to have Bang and Bomb use a combined strike.
  • One relevant point I should mention here is Murata said on stream that ONE would miss storyboard pages and make fights deliberately brief, e.g. show only start of a fight and the end result, and gives Murata the freedom to come up with details of the actual combat in-between.
  • For this particular fight (Elder vs. Bang, Bomb, Genos), Murata said ONE’s ‘end result’ was that Elder cannot die/be badly hurt at the hands Bang/Bomb/Genos, that cannot be changed, but as you’ll see in a second, Murata took a fan’s suggestion on stream and used the freedom he has with the “in-between” details to significantly change the nature of the fight. ONE was very happy with the result approves the new version personally. ONE even came up with a new name for the combo move. Here’s the detailed series of events:
  • A fan on stream questioned Murata about the inconsistency in power levels, said if Bang and Bomb combined couldn’t hurt Elder Centipede, doesn’t it make Metal Bat stronger than them combined? Shouldn’t the combined hit at least damage Elder’s face like cave it in or something?
  • Murata acknowledges the issue and said he will discuss this with ONE to see what the official changes can be made.
  • Murata decided to go ahead and alter the fight as follows:
    1. Instead of doing no damage, the combined hit by Bomb and Bang now cracks Elder’s entire carapace as well as bursting Elder’s face. Murata said that the combo attack can’t be 2x Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fists which was ONE original intention, but something one level weaker, to distinguish it from the punch against Overgrown Rover later on.
    2. The reaction/impact knocks Bomb and Bang back, relatively unharmed though
    3. Unexpectedly, the cracked carapace helped Elder with his molting process, a new, bigger body emerged out of the old shell, with a new face and extra eyes on his head. The three of them (Bang, Bomb and Genos) combines their powers to attack it.
  • Murata thanks the fan for his very reasonable suggestions, said otherwise there would be a problem with power levels. With the new change the fight is more fleshed out, power bug is more or less resolved, and it doesn’t violate the ‘end result’ (Elder can’t die or be badly hurt) set by ONE (i.e. although Elder was hurt, the molting evolved him so he’s stronger and no longer hurt)
  • Murata said he will send the sketches to ONE, awaiting approval and lines. He later updates on stream and said ONE is happy with the changes. ONE particularly likes the molting/evolving idea, said he had been trying to come up with a way to address the power imbalance for almost 2 days.
  • ONE came up with a new name for the combo technique: 旋風流水轟氣空裂拳, which can be translated roughly as whirlwind water stream blasting sky splitting fist, a more advanced technique than both whirlwind iron cutting fist and water stream rock cutting fist, a move that splits the skies and blast airstream into the opponent’s body: https://i.imgur.com/noNHZTs.jpg
  • An additional note on Elder vs. Metal Bat: according to ONE/Murata, Metal Bat thought Elder’s weakness is his face, but it’s actually not the case…not sure what to make of it, is he implying that Elder’s face is actually extremely strong and the only reason it cracked was because it was about to molt anyway?
  • Murata also implied that someone else (Saitama?) will be the one to take out evolved Elder, so it doesn’t matter if they made him even stronger.
  • Something about what will happen next: Murata said Genos will end up being melted by Elder’s stomach acid, and that Bang will rescue him and suffer minor acid burns. Genos will be grateful. It was half joking so I’m not sure if it’s going to happen.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 27, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Can't wait to read that chapter.

Also, I was in a used book store yesterday and stumbled upon something called The Mangaka's Late-Night Snack Research Lab thanks to Murata's distinct artstyle and apparently it's a short manga-slash-cookbook he published in another magazine that was compiled last year. So just in case anyone was still wondering whether or not this guy can do literally anything, the answer continues to be yes he can.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So, should I read ONE's manga or the updated one?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

So, should I read ONE's manga or the updated one?

Yes

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Both, yeah

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Read the webcomic, then read the manga to see it all in glorious HD.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Which translation of ONE's manga should I read? The translation of the one I'm reading is bad.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Definitely read the Murata version first, then read ahead on ONE's if you want to continue the story. There's a lot of tryhards in this thread claiming the ONE version is anywhere close to being as good as the Murata version. The earlier part of the ONE version is super janky, but it really does pick up at around the point the Murata version is at so reading from this point is still good.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

punk rebel ecks posted:

Which translation of ONE's manga should I read? The translation of the one I'm reading is bad.

I think there's only one English translation on the Batato page, and I thought it was fairly solid.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-artist-one-r9123

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sharktamer posted:

Definitely read the Murata version first, then read ahead on ONE's if you want to continue the story. There's a lot of tryhards in this thread claiming the ONE version is anywhere close to being as good as the Murata version. The earlier part of the ONE version is super janky, but it really does pick up at around the point the Murata version is at so reading from this point is still good.

The gently caress does tryhards even mean in this context?! :psyduck:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I think there's only one English translation on the Batato page, and I thought it was fairly solid.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-artist-one-r9123

This is perfect. Thanks.

Quick question, is it piracy if I read the other better drawn one? I mean it's published in the States, but it's uploaded free officially online, just in Japanese.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Reinanigans posted:

Hipsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Reinanigans posted:

Same thing it's always meant - "someone who cares about something more than I, the cool detached normal person, does."

Its an insult that says more about the user than the insulted.