Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There's absolutely no benefit to not using the Medical Kits as soon as you find them, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RareAcumen posted:

There's absolutely no benefit to not using the Medical Kits as soon as you find them, right?

In EW2? They don't expand your health anymore like they did in 1, so they're actually more regular "Hold up and use it when you need a big'un" heals now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

We've finally reached 「CRAZY TALK ACT 2」

Crazy Talk Act 1 was just being completely convinced that you were saying something right when you were wrong (and forcing people who correct you to also be wrong)

Crazy Talk Act 2 now forces you to be wrong, even when you're right.

Crazy Talk Act 3 will make every statement Pat has ever made wrong retroactively.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

In EW2? They don't expand your health anymore like they did in 1, so they're actually more regular "Hold up and use it when you need a big'un" heals now.

Oh, I had no idea that they changed how they worked. Alright then.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Crazy Talk Act 1 was just being completely convinced that you were saying something right when you were wrong (and forcing people who correct you to also be wrong)

Crazy Talk Act 2 now forces you to be wrong, even when you're right.

Crazy Talk Act 3 will make every statement Pat has ever made wrong retroactively.

I don't think you know how stands work, friend. Act 2 turns his lies into wild cats. Act 3 lets him temporarily steal other people's height and hair by striking their shadow with his stand's blade.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mystic Mongol posted:

I don't think you know how stands work, friend. Act 2 turns his lies into wild cats. Act 3 lets him temporarily steal other people's height and hair by striking their shadow with his stand's blade.

This is the most JoJo progression, yes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Crazy Talk Act 2 lets Pat conjure and hide chocolate oranges wherever in a 50m2 space. We've seen that ability at work.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

Crazy Talk Act 2 lets Pat conjure and hide chocolate oranges wherever in a 50m2 space. We've seen that ability at work.

Pat, as seen through Hermit Purple:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Remember when we thought Pat was actually going to control Crazy Talk because he was eating candy in front of Paige's face without her knowledge? Araki is such a tease, I bet he forgot Pat could do that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay so here's the breakdown:

Bastion has the best overall soundtrack, a mix of very good instrumental AND vocal themes.

Transistor has flat out the best single song in We All Become, but the rest of the soundtrack is pretty forgettable.

Pyre has really good instrumentals and actually probably would beat Bastion, were the weak vocal tracks not dragging it down.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 27, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

9kay so here's the breakdown:

Bastion has the best overall soundtrack, a mix of very good instrumental AND vocal themes.

Transistor has flat out the best single song in We All Become, but the rest of the soundtrack is pretty forgettable.

Pyre has really good instrumentals and actually probably would beat Bastion, were the weak vocal tracks not dragging it down.

Paper Boats. Transistor has the best vocal tracks in my opinion, Pyre has the best instrumentals or overall OST usage and Bastion has the most consistent soundtrack.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is this just supergiant games osts? Because Build a Wall (or whatever the credits theme to bastion is) is incredibly powerful

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this just supergiant games osts? Because Build a Wall (or whatever the credits theme to bastion is) is incredibly powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDflVhOpS4E
the best track in a video game ever

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Paper Boats. Transistor has the best vocal tracks in my opinion, Pyre has the best instrumentals or overall OST usage and Bastion has the most consistent soundtrack.

It's possible that Transistor just not landing causes me to not care as much about the vocals, cause I totally forgot Paper Boats.

To be fair I don't think they're ever going to quite hit the shock impact of when you first find Zia in Bastion.

As for Pyre, I think the sound design is maybe the second strongest part of that thing besides the absolutely fantastic writing (did in two sittings and drat the sleep lost). I especially love the different, totally unique barks for everyone which are like, the best implementation of Simlish you'll ever hear.

Only thing that really springs to mind that I disliked was entirely my fault, which is having my one loss in the game be a liberation against the harpies :shepface:

E: also I totally thought I put this in the Giant Bomb thread :shepicide:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 27, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.nospoiler.com/y/q2jCWfFrbDQ

huh, new video series from teh boys

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

IT RETURNS?! :aaa:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why isn't it being made for the main channel?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is this another 'breaking the glass' moment?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If it's not on the main channel it's likely because they wanted to target a friendlier and less diverse audience. That's my guess, anyway?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Where's my fisticuffs?!" if this was on Fridays.
"WHERE'S MY EVIL WITHIN YOU [SLURS]?!" if this was any other day.

They've been fairly vocal about using their side channels for content they know people would whine about in the main channel because people are laser focused on one or two LPs and sticking to the schedule.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm all for whatever they gotta make to keep their sanity and stay in business.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Where's my fisticuffs?!" if this was on Fridays.
"WHERE'S MY EVIL WITHIN YOU [SLURS]?!" if this was any other day.

They've been fairly vocal about using their side channels for content they know people would whine about in the main channel because people are laser focused on one or two LPs and sticking to the schedule.

What's stopping them from putting these out as extra videos?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

Pat said they have actual data that says they lose views more than gain if they go beyond 2 videos a day.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

youtube is a massive hole of diminishing returns. Even big hub groups like Rooster Teeth only drop 3 vids a day at most because if you swamp your site with too much people just go 'gently caress it I'm not gonna be able to watch all these'

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess that does make sense

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, I'm catching up on LPs I've skipped, one of them being the MVCI Story Mode and please do not refer to Mike Patton as "Faith no More guy" and also I'm pretty sure he didn't have dreads around the time Bionic Commando: Wife's Arm came out.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Watching Pat legitimately having a moment remembering his eight years - repeat: EIGHT years - working retail while playing Destiny 2 reminded me of why this is my favourite group of low-rent web peeps.

Anyone who hasn’t sat behind that register and eaten that big poo poo sandwich every single day for a living, a living designed with no way for you to get out of it, just can’t relate.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tae posted:

Pat said they have actual data that says they lose views more than gain if they go beyond 2 videos a day.

Okay but what about the days where they only run one video a day because someone hosed up, or they're running one LP in multiple slots because people weren't around to film anything else and they never prepare ahead?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly the non-stop Evil Within has created quite a backlog for me. I can't handle so much evil!
But yeah I gotta catch up on like 15 parts. Thank goodness for 2x speed.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

This makes me wish Maximilian would start up his Fighting History series again.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
does pat turn his head to face matt when talking? or he’s blind as a bat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Somehow, I dreamed I was checking twitter and saw that Matt was feeling pretty lovely and thus some bees were staying in him, so he would take a week off from the podcast to be with his parents. I had to check his twitter just now because it really felt like something he would tweet, and we ain't allowed two podcasts in a row with all the boys anymore.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Depths posted:

does pat turn his head to face matt when talking? or he’s blind as a bat

If you watch their streams Pat does that a loooooooot. Pretty much any time he's talking to someone he's constantly glancing between them and the screen. It makes him missing stuff in game a lot more understandable.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Two new LPs starting up this week. I wonder what they'll be...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Grouchio posted:

I was promised THUG2 and I will get THUG2, and vocally complain about them being terrible at it :colbert:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Grouchio posted:

Perhaps more Batman?

Maybe Hidden Agenda?

They seem committed to the telltale games and I think they liked Until Dawn.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I was promised THUG2 and I will get THUG2, and vocally complain about them being terrible at it :colbert:

THUG 2 is in many ways even stupider than THUG 1, so I really hope this is the case.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monathin posted:

THUG 2 is in many ways even stupider than THUG 1

It's got like 200% more Bam Margera in it, so this is a given. :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm finally giving Night In the Woods a proper go and while after a brief go on my own I determined I didn't really have the time/attention span for playing it myself I've been working my way through the LP.

Gregg is perfect and my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Rodyle posted:

I'm finally giving Night In the Woods a proper go and while after a brief go on my own I determined I didn't really have the time/attention span for playing it myself I've been working my way through the LP.

Gregg is perfect and my friend.