Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

I'm deployed and inadvertently blocked my CAC card (pro tip - know the pin, don't rely on muscle memory). Is there any way to reset one of these besides PSD that anybody knows, some kind of work around? Answer is probably not, I know, but figured I would check here.

Nope you're screwed. You need someone with a RAPIDS terminal to unblock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
This is what I get for believing in myself. Follow on question that I think I already know the answer to but gently caress it, is there any way to access webmail sans CAC card? Have a couple things that would be nice to access.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

You're hosed; don't be an idiot; hth.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I feel like don't be an idiot is a ship that sailed for all of us in uniform, it's just a question of degrees of idiocy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If you're deployed there is probably a way to get a CAC exemption, but it would require a memorandum from someone higher in your chain authorizing it (CO/XO/OIC), and you would need to submit a request to whoever provides your network to get an exemption with the memorandum attached.

It is entirely subjective and up to the network that provides access to determine the requirement for an exemption but those things I listed are bare minimum to get one on the DODIIS NIPR enclave, and they require renewal every 90 days.

Good news is once you got an exemption, webmail should work with username and password.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 24, 2017

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thank you for the breakdown, I don't have anything that I have to have access for thankfully so I'm good enough. Last time I opened webmail I saw "Mandatory mess meetings" so maybe I should just be grateful that's going away for five months.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Out and done :toot: as long as we don't go to war with Iran and they suddenly really, really need more farsi linguists back.

Never using farsi again except for with hot persian chicks.

Edit: oh and fuckin lol nuke guy. Reading this thread saved me from that poo poo seven years back.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Thanksgiving at the In Laws Thoughts: Top Gun is still a great movie. The speech at the beginning of Top Gun saying "we aren't at war but need to prepare to be" is so 80s since after Desert Storm we haven't stopped.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Sky dick pilot was not a lady, but you could have been thrown off by his call sign: "Tess". Cmdr Stickles is all man.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Davethulhu posted:

Sky dick pilot was not a lady, but you could have been thrown off by his call sign: "Tess". Cmdr Stickles is all man.

That's the squadron CO, not the pilot.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Geizkragen posted:

That's the squadron CO, not the pilot.

Yeah. I can also say I've heard from reliable sources that the Skydick pilot is a chick.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
I heard that one too but was told that it's not true. Sounded like wishful thinking.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Dick artists keep their wings, get six months of "probation", which I guess means... don't draw any more dicks? Or they get to stand non-stop duty for the next six months.

This is good. Considering how much attention it got (after PA goosestepped into it), that's so much better than I expected.

Edit: I'll see if any of my growler dudes are around tomorrow. At least one of them knows the crew involved.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I'd ask but the I don't think any of my contacts would know since I'm not VAQwing again until March.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I work at a command with fairly relaxed grooming standards. When I went to the NEX today for a haircut, Geronimo the barber asked me when I had retired. I told him I have at least a few more years, and he told me to come to him every two weeks until then.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Go shave that nasty face.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Go shave that nasty face.

Tom of Finland doesn't need to follow anyone's standards

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3taan6N9opA

drat thought I had a better quality one...

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 4, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VftUSEdDKDU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ya but that doesn't have the part where he says "groooooooomin' standards"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ya but that doesn't have the part where he says "groooooooomin' standards"

yeah I know :(

Now I need to go back and watch the whole series again, because god drat if it isn't the most accurate depiction of military life ever.

I remember one night on watch during RIMPAC I binge watched the entire series while I was supposed to be monitoring radio traffic. Not much made it into the log book that night.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ya now I'm on the youtube blackhole of Generation Kill clips. I mean really every scene is memorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQj5sKGfKU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-risHbgZ64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JKAEO9jWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HBh_NtFRFY

it's so good

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QTYFklrnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCmTwFBX1ZE

hahah

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 4, 2017

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What my roommate brought back with him from Chicago. He’s not even a nuke.

ninja e: Looked it up and there was apparently a furry convention in IL. :suicide:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
report him

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:chiefsay: Open up, Health and Wellness Inspection

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Kick his rear end for besmirching the standards and traditions of the navy by attaching its name to this filth

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What the ever living gently caress.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

What the ever living gently caress.

navy seals

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
No, you see it's only ~ironic~ sexual deviancy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol I remember some furry documentary posted on SA years back some journalist did. The first 20-30 mins or so she's all "what's the big deal they're having fun not harming anyone" then by the end "oh my god these people are nuts"

from reddit:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What the gently caress, you can wear costumes on flights/past security?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m guessing they check their mug a few times but idk

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress, you can wear costumes on flights/past security?

security theater

probably smelled great on that flight. although, maybe furries have a travel fursuit. they have one to have sex with strangers in and a nice one to wear in public like for a flight. what happens if they lose your luggage and you have to gently caress a stranger in your 'going out' fursuit?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vains posted:

security theater

probably smelled great on that flight. although, maybe furries have a travel fursuit. they have one to have sex with strangers in and a nice one to wear in public like for a flight. what happens if they lose your luggage and you have to gently caress a stranger in your 'going out' fursuit?

like you don't know you sly fox :jackbud:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
The fact that he had a Navy furry badge makes me wonder, did he make it himself, or are there enough furries in the Navy that conventions have special IDs for sailors?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Brings back memories from AECF tech core back in 2003. We had a guy who was really into furry fandom, got caught wearing a tail under his utilities, etc.

Maybe he was just born 15 years too early.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Brings back memories from AECF tech core back in 2003. We had a guy who was really into furry fandom, got caught wearing a tail under his utilities, etc.

Ah so he was clearly an ET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

got caught wearing a tail under his utilities, etc.

:stare: