Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Methanar posted:

The only silence left is soraka

And Cho, Malz, Fiddle, Blitzcrank, and Garen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah the remaining Silences left in game:
Malz Q
Garen Q
Cho W
Soraka E
Fiddle E
Blitz R

All of them are either really short duration (Blitz R, Cho W, Malz Q) or have some other point of contention to them (Closing the gap for Garen's Q, silence only works in Soraka's E's AoE, Fiddle Crow Bounces). I wouldn't mind if they removed the others though.

Blitz R also has I think the last enemy of 'pure' RNG in the game in static bolts but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

There's plenty of RNG still in the game, including some added recently like Zoe's W drops from minions and Kindred's jungle marks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Crits are rng

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Twisted Fate's passive favors +6 gold per kill but is still random.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Short duration silences are cool because they interrupt combos and seriously disrupt teamfights without turning champs reliant on abilities into player controlled minions. Does Kass's Q still interrupt channeled effects?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Tales of Woe posted:

There's plenty of RNG still in the game, including some added recently like Zoe's W drops from minions and Kindred's jungle marks

Kindreds marks follow a pattern based on how many they have

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Garen used to be great against assassins like kassadin or fizz before they nerfed his silence for that exact reason. Want to jump out again? tough poo poo nerds, eat counter-play.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

gowb posted:

Short duration silences are cool because they interrupt combos and seriously disrupt teamfights without turning champs reliant on abilities into player controlled minions. Does Kass's Q still interrupt channeled effects?

Yes because it made playing Anivia into him hell the other day.

Monathin posted:

Yeah the remaining Silences left in game:
Malz Q
Garen Q
Cho W
Soraka E
Fiddle E
Blitz R

All of them are either really short duration (Blitz R, Cho W, Malz Q) or have some other point of contention to them (Closing the gap for Garen's Q, silence only works in Soraka's E's AoE, Fiddle Crow Bounces). I wouldn't mind if they removed the others though.

Blitz R also has I think the last enemy of 'pure' RNG in the game in static bolts but maybe I'm wrong on that.

I would love to know the logic of calling Cho and Malzs 2 second silence really short.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Taitale posted:

I would love to know the logic of calling Cho and Malzs 2 second silence really short.

They're used to Drow's 5 second silence?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I just gave him a whirl but what the gently caress Xin is both stupid easy to play and stupid strong. I don't get it.

E: Like I casually went 18/2/7 in a 22 minute game. It's so dumb.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Xin is good because he's pretty much the point and click of junglers. You press E on people to get on top of them, then you mash your other keys to do damage while rightclicking.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Tri Force and hydra work better on xin than quite possibly anyone

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

its curtains for Kevin posted:

He doesn't even need hydra

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/eP4uabr.gifv

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

if this was done in Pro League games they'd have lost their poo poo at the pro Katarina.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
nice kill yash

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

jax

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stallion Cabana posted:

if this was done in Pro League games they'd have lost their poo poo at the pro Katarina.

#1: FAKER. Once again. Doing the impoooossible. Pulling yet another off-meta champion. He's saying, they may ban my Ryze, they may ban my Galio, but they cannot deny me! And that's the narrative that SKT always goes with, they cannot be stopped!

#2: Such an incredible performance at Worlds coming from our reigning champion. His ability to know exactly when and how to gank pays off once more in what looks like. Another big win. For SK Telecom.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Is anyone else experiencing the 100% pick/ban ADC meta
Vayne, twitch, tristana, ezreal all too strong to let through

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've seen miss fortune doing nasty things anytime she is ingame, also seen a double arcane comet jhin/xerath bot lane do disgusting things to a vayne bot.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think the current 'must-bans' in botlane right now are Vayne and/or MF. Vayne unless you dumpster her -and- win the game in sub-30 minutes will manage to come online with Press The Attack + Shiv + IE. MF is really disgusting right now because she's a lethality-stacking AD and with a lot of resists gone all across the board she basically does true damage + a double up crit is a guaranteed back.

I actually don't think twitch and tristana are must-bans anymore now that Ardent's been thoroughly dumpstered. Kog is still a problem is a lot of comps. Corki is a theoretical ban if he starts getting picked more because he does a fuckton of burst as a triforce-building AD who's nigh-impossible to built tank against.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rock Solid ~

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Monathin posted:

I think the current 'must-bans' in botlane right now are Vayne and/or MF. Vayne unless you dumpster her -and- win the game in sub-30 minutes will manage to come online with Press The Attack + Shiv + IE. MF is really disgusting right now because she's a lethality-stacking AD and with a lot of resists gone all across the board she basically does true damage + a double up crit is a guaranteed back.

I actually don't think twitch and tristana are must-bans anymore now that Ardent's been thoroughly dumpstered. Kog is still a problem is a lot of comps. Corki is a theoretical ban if he starts getting picked more because he does a fuckton of burst as a triforce-building AD who's nigh-impossible to built tank against.

Twitch's late game is still far too dangerous I think, I've let him through a few times and immediately gone back to banning him and Kog can still do Kog things, but with more assassin junglers in the meta his lack of escapes is much more of an issue than it was during the jungle tank meta. MF is a complete non-threat until she gets her first back, but the first dirk just massively boosts her damage to the point where a single double-up shot can chunk the other team's ADC for a full quarter of their health bar. If she gets to Youmuus and hasn't been completely dumpstered then good luck staying in lane without getting loads of healing off your support.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Since last season I've been banning twitch myself, usually hard to reach in a teamfight to stop him from melting your team, hard to gank because he can go invisible with high movement speed and either sneak around or just plain outrun you.

He could even be a jungler and you get to watch your lanes feed him every 30 seconds despite your loud and repeated warnings about his level 2 gank from red buff and that he is heading top now hey top laner I am pinging exactly where he is he just walked over my ward and on top of the scuttle vision in the river he will be there in a few seconds why are you taking the bait to dive the other guy instead of backing off *a ally has been slain*

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Shelvocke posted:

Is anyone else experiencing the 100% pick/ban ADC meta
Vayne, twitch, tristana, ezreal all too strong to let through

I'm unimpressed by the Vaynes I've played with and against, MF is much more dangerous

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MF is benefiting immensely from a return of the hard engage supports, in addition to Lethality once again being loving busted on certain ADCs. Leona + MF is a guaranteed level 6 kill unless you're up against a W-buffering Tristana.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Pick ban is ezreal/vayne/mf. Trist is better as a jungle. Twitch gets bodied by bully mages bot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

MF is benefiting immensely from a return of the hard engage supports, in addition to Lethality once again being loving busted on certain ADCs. Leona + MF is a guaranteed level 6 kill unless you're up against a W-buffering Tristana.

Good, rest in poo poo Ardent meta

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Mikujin posted:

I just gave him a whirl but what the gently caress Xin is both stupid easy to play and stupid strong. I don't get it.

E: Like I casually went 18/2/7 in a 22 minute game. It's so dumb.

shyvana bodies xin zhao and no one bans or picks her, and she's also not getting nerfed in 7.24. Be shyvana.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

How do I guardian? I took it as support Sion and won the lane, but it did not go off a single time, even when I was quite literally clipping inside of my teammates.

Edit: turns out to be a bug where if you take guardian on Sion and die without first activating it on a teammate, like say by killing yourself at level 1 on jungle camps, you will permanently lose guardian for the rest of the game, did 2 minutes of testing to figure that out, 2 more then riot did.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 26, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not sure Guardian is that much better than Aftershock for Sion if you're specifically going for Sion support but I only play him in the toplane so I guess that's not my business :shrug:

I have been having a lot of fun with the return of Support Nautilus though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You go Comet on support Sion and make everyone really miserable. Guardian and Aftershock are both pretty bad, since you only trigger the latter with a charged Q or your ult, and the former requires you to basically hug your intended target 100% of the time as Sion.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Just had the plasure of playing with this terrifying Darius main

https://i.imgur.com/OVoBmug.gifv

Flashback to Dyrus at worlds 2015

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Shelvocke posted:

Just had the plasure of playing with this terrifying Darius main

https://i.imgur.com/OVoBmug.gifv

Flashback to Dyrus at worlds 2015

I love a good Darius!

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

d0grent posted:

shyvana bodies xin zhao and no one bans or picks her, and she's also not getting nerfed in 7.24. Be shyvana.

What are the best runes for her? I just went against one who farmed her jungle hilariously quick. Like she was level 10 by the time everyone was level 8.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yellow rune tree with Press the Attack, Triumph, Coup de grace and whatever you want for the other one (+attack speed and +tenacity are both nice). Press the attack is the most important one, you can autoattack+Q to apply it instantly.

Your second tree can be whatever, I like the magic tree with spell shield and the +4% movespeed rune (replace spell shield with Gathering Storm if the enemy team doesn't have a lot of magic damage).

Elman fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 27, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like Triumph and Coup de grace really crowd out any other options for those tiers of precision.
Presence of mind can barely edge out triumph on karthus and anivia, but in season 7 that 5% missing HP heal was a huge swing and now it's 15% + 25g.

Overall, I'd like to see them tone down the numbers on some of the offensive runes or beefing up the base defense of everyone, right now burst damage is too dominating and sustained damage and low burst damage dealers are falling in the winrate to 40-45%, press the attack is a big offender right now because of that 12% damage increase for the entire team on that person for 6 seconds which is a even larger damage bonus then vlad's ult.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 27, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like Triumph and Coup de grace really crowd out any other options for those tiers of precision.
Presence of mind can barely edge out triumph on karthus and anivia, but in season 7 that 5% missing HP heal was a huge swing and now it's 15% + 25g.

I feel like in botlane Overheal is a decent contender with Triumph right now because if you have either a healing-based support or a tanky support running Relic Shield you can build up a decent buffer to free trades which lets you win the lane without necessarily needing to go for the SICK PLAY DOUBLE KILL. Admit that Triumph is probably the 'strongest' of the options though. Cut Down is a good option vs Coup de Grace, but right now no one's running setups in which it'd be advantageous (ie teamcomps with more than 1 tank) so it's not -as- useful. It's basically a free Giant Slayer in terms of overall damage which isn't anything to scoff at.

Admittedly I'm not finding much use for Last Stand (or really even Presence of Mind on any of my usual choices) so the tree could use some tuning.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

It's basically a free Giant Slayer in terms of overall damage which isn't anything to scoff at.

The thing is, giant slayer is -only- going to work depending on how the other team builds and there will only be between 0 and 2 targets on the enemy team it will have any effect on, but even a tank can drop below 40% HP and it will actually do something against the other damage dealers.