Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Prey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Costume Quest 1 and 2 as well as Tales from the Borderlands

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Uncharted 1 (PS4 remaster).

I'm like three chapters into the sequel and I can already see why everyone says the 2nd one is the best one.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

1CC'd Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World (Panic Restaurant) again just now. super cute and fun, always somehow comes to mind at least once a year despite its obscurity.

panic restraunt is cool

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Pyre

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

planescape torment. i enjoyed it overall but man oh man actually playin the game sucks. also i didnt get a screengrab of it but theres a dialogue tree at the end of the game thats got 20 different responses and most of them end in one line thats pretty much just "huh interesting"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Downwell

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Tetris Battle Gaiden. Awesome game. Not sure if there's a save feature (can't read Japanese), but it's easily beatable in one sitting. Mirurun is my favorite character.

Music is great too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lma1brUJ4Co
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vb3-x1HUCc

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
cuphead, wolfenstein, DOOM, prey

this was over the last like 2 months

Soral
May 30, 2009

divinity original sin

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

planescape torment. i enjoyed it overall but man oh man actually playin the game sucks. also i didnt get a screengrab of it but theres a dialogue tree at the end of the game thats got 20 different responses and most of them end in one line thats pretty much just "huh interesting"

im glad i focussed on being a spell caster when i played it years ago because you can easily wipe every battle with 0 effort for the last half of the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hitman Season One
I coulda listed this in January or whatever, I couldn't really define what "beating" the game meant to me. Just completing each of the six episodes once felt like too little. Completing every single challenge felt like too much. I played this every day for maybe 3 months straight at the beginning of the year before burning out and playing other stuff, and I hadn't even touched two of the bonus missions. Because of GOTY addon, I'm back in now, and decided that getting all the achievements, as well as completing every mission SASO and Sniper Assassin is good enough to feel I beat them. Now I can start the GOTY stuff.

I also got the platinum trophy in LEGO Dimensions lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished dangan ronpa 3 it was my favorite one i think. wow, now i have the feels from this stupid anime game with the most insanely contrived plot twists yet

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Persona 4 Dancing All Night. I unlocked and beat all the songs on hard mode in Free Play. I'll eventually fast forward through the story mode so I can unlock the hidden difficulty mode but I'm considering this to be beating the game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

im glad i focussed on being a spell caster when i played it years ago because you can easily wipe every battle with 0 effort for the last half of the game

the fixpack i was using hosed wth monsters spell saves so i couldnt just cloudkill my way through everything, doing the modron cube loving sucked

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

22. Pikmin 2

E: the credits rolled but it looks like there's more to do? I don't know. I'm pretty done with this one anyway.

Aston fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 27, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pikmin 2 has a huge post game with a lot of bonus dungeons and such.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aston posted:

22. Pikmin 2

E: the credits rolled but it looks like there's more to do? I don't know. I'm pretty done with this one anyway.

Gonna leave Louie to die? That's ice cold. Seriously though you've seen less than half the game at this point.

I beat Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Very strange game but pretty fun. I didn't care for the optional challenges much but fortunately the rewards from them aren't at all necessary to beat the game.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Is the second part better? I was finding it was starting to get a bit repetitive near the end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aston posted:

Is the second part better? I was finding it was starting to get a bit repetitive near the end.

Hm well I don't think it's repetitive at all, I love the whole thing from start to finish. But if you really don't wanna do it all you at least owe it to yourself to check out the highlights:

Do the Submerged Castle cave if you haven't already, and then skip ahead to the fourth main level and do all the caves there. That way you'll have done all the hardest and most exciting content, as well as rescued Louie.

Personally I think the logs for treasures and enemies provides good motivation to do everything.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i finished dangan ronpa 3 it was my favorite one i think. wow, now i have the feels from this stupid anime game with the most insanely contrived plot twists yet

it is so far "game of the year" to me.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i must plauy dangan ronpa 3 imMEMDIATELY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve never played a Danganronpa game. It’s a visual novel of some kind right? It looks like the PS4 version of the first two is on sale until tomorrow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you ever play phoenix wright?
the premise is theres a school for super gifted children where they take them there to improve on their talents. they hold a lottery for a normal kid to enter there. if a normal kid can get in there he must be the luckiest kid on the country, and they consider luck a talent.
you play the lucky kid and when you enter he faints and wakes up locked inside the school, where a black and white bear forces the kids to kill each other to leave.
when a murder happens, a trial happens. if the murderer gets away with it, they walk and everyone else gets executed. if the murderer is found out, only they are executed.

gameplay wise its a visual novel. you have sections where you can get to know the characters more personally. When a murder happens you enter a point n click investigation phase where you gather evidence. the trials have them all speaking about the murder, and when you see a line that has a contradiction with evidence you hold, you use it to advance the trial.

some of the twists (especially in 2) are insanely crazy, and the effect goes from outstanding to completely stupid. Some of the triails are really loving dumb too, with lame motives and execution, and it suffers from a similar thing as ace attorney where you know what happened, you want to get to that, but first you have to walk all the conversational path preceding it.

the soundtrack is by masafumi takada, known from god hand, no more heroes, and some beatmania contributions. its quite bizarre at times and has some truly incredible songs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
also i admittedly dont have a lot of experience with visual novels or rpgs, or hell, most media including tv books and movies, so i probably have a really low standard, but dr2 has nagito komaeda who just steals the show in every possible way and is one of the best characters ive seen in a game

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
*clears throat* I happen to be a visual novel expert and Dangan Ronpa is pretty fun and a worthy example of the genre. If you like gothic horror and VNs I suggest The House in Fata Morgana, the only VN I've ever seen that has good pacing even if the first short story in it kinda blows cause of the annoying rear end song they play at the beginning. There's a demo for it that covers the first three short stories in a download link around here http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/04/05/the-house-in-fata-morgana-demo-now-available/

You can try to own me if you want but I've been playing visual novels for like eight years and I've chosen my path, so it won't work. If anyone is interested in anything about visual novels I know basically everything and can let you know what's up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
seems like you just opened up some kind of weird mental floodgate

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Earnestly drunkposting about an obscure weird hobby at 5 am on a Tuesday is the natural right of all mankind

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've actually never played a VN including the Ace Attorney games which I know I should but DR sounds intriguing. Is the Vita or PS4 version better to play for a first-timer

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've actually never played a VN including the Ace Attorney games which I know I should but DR sounds intriguing. Is the Vita or PS4 version better to play for a first-timer

the rear touchpad actually make some parts of the trials easier. but the first two games were originally released for the original PSP, so it's completely playable without. all three games have a fair range of unlockable skills and separate difficulties for trial logic and trial action so you'll be fine whichever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

dr1 and 2 were both psp games so either or.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

How's the Steam port?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aston posted:

How's the Steam port?

all 3 of them are fine

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
valkyrie profile hard mode
pokemon ultra moon - epic pokemon game. even better than heart gold

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

got the Turing Test during the black friday sale and 100%'ed it today. it was okay. there are definitely better puzzle games, i think there were just one or two puzzles in this game that i really had to sit back and think about, unlike say the talos principle or the witness where there were some seriously challenging puzzles.

also the story wasnt that great, i think someone else in these forums described it as some really basic philosophy drivel and i found that to be the case as well

wouldn't recommend it unless you can get it for free and you've played just about every other puzzle game out there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
odyssey hit credits but still gettin moons

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Resident Evil 4 on PS4.

codenameFANGIO