Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd totally let myself get held prisoner for access to SCP-420(J)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

While I don't really enjoy any Undertale AU stuff because they're largely WHAT IF THE MONSTERS WERE THE REAL MONSTERS ALL ALONG etc, I do like role reversals so Underswap, at least the designs(no idea about the story or anything else) are okay with me

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Of note: Guillermo del Toro, director of The Shape of Water, which this art is referencing, retweeted this fanart along with another piece with the same conceit.

Didn't know that. I went ahead and dug up.

Marshal Radisic posted:

Alrighty, mentioned this in the old thread, so I might as well dust it off for the new one: Confinement, an animated series about life in the SCP Foundation as seen through the eyes of a technically-immortal test subject. Imagine something like Regular Show mixed with Men in Black and you'll be in the ballpark.

Episode 1 - The Cannibal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0b2s_ot9_0

Episode 2 - The Singing Forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRoIU6lADn8

Episode 3 - The Robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUz6Ijl_wM

Episode 4 - The Girl in the Iceberg (just released today!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-yWbOT4UXo

Thanks for reminding me of this series, it's still so very good.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

quote:

when you’re a super hot super famous intergalactic bounty hunter with an image to maintain but also you were raised in isolation by birds and so you don’t know how to talk to girls

socially awkward buff samus is basically perfect

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

EmmyOk posted:

God fcuk Griffith

I have a new character concept, he is called Giffith Mcelroy and he loves those Behelits

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have a new character concept, he is called Giffith Mcelroy and he loves those Behelits

during the eclipse, he personally vores the entire band of the hawk to ascend to the godhand

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bands from Kids TV shows are fun.

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Nov 27, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I thought it was Moon Over June before expanding, and I wish it was

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Olive! posted:

why do you hate minorities?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Olive! posted:

The mouths are big but they're not Moon Over June big.

such gigantic mouths

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

no room for heterosexual, caucasian cisgendered people?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

End of Shoelace posted:

that's hate speech

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

What really sucks is like, some of those designs are actually cute and all, but man the absolute word salad of descriptors on a chunk of those.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Randaconda posted:

that's hate speech

i cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

End of Shoelace posted:

Hopefully not

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All English speech is hate speech because the English were involved in the slave trade.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
my point here is that a large part of this modern kind of "our gang" style of fanart is seclusion.
you can label me a crying white man if you wish.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
are there examples of fanart that actually unite every kind of people, instead of separating them into boxes called "binary" and "nonbinary"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No one cares. Post fan art.

https://twitter.com/paincaked/status/934624272063934469

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Nov 27, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

shut the fuclk up holy poo poo

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
(I'm just thinking it would be nice if mods actually didn't ignore racism and homophobia)

I'm putting these two (& [/url=https://imgur.com/1NNlPNY]2[/url]) behind URLs so people who rightfully despise anime for its pedophilia don't have to be exposed to it

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

End of Shoelace posted:

white cishets: make nearly all of Western art, ever, while excluding non-whites and non-cishets as much as possible
non-white non-cishets: try to make something for themselves
white cishets: "but why aren't you including ME?"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

My 「Travelling Without Moving」 is invincible!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Besesoth posted:

white cishets: make nearly all of Western art, ever, while excluding non-whites and non-cishets as much as possible

That's reverse-racist!

It also reminds me of a piece of fanart that I'd love if someone had on hand. It was for the Balance Arc of The Adventure Zone podcast. It was a comic from the perspective of Magnus about how Taako was always using magic to change his appearance, to the point that nobody knew what he really looked like. It was really well drawn and positive and nice. It also had a twist ending where it was revealed that since his twin sister had been erased from his memory, when he looked in the mirror at his normal face, he only saw static. Does anyone have that?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Last time this was posted this didn't have the character names included at all. It was completely impossible to tell who some of them were, especially Gaster or Mad Dummy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Besesoth posted:

Okay I get that but I find it weird when people take characters and then apply stuff to them that they obviously aren't.

Like Asgore and Toriel in that, why are they both trans and gay? In the game those characters were married and there's zero indication that they are trans. If you're designing a human counterpart to a character shouldn't you actually being trying to mirror their traits as closely as possible? Not saying its a big deal since people can do whatever they want on their tumblrs. I just have trouble understanding it.

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Nov 27, 2017

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay I get that but I find it weird when people take characters and then apply stuff to them that they obviously aren't.

Like Asgore and Toriel in that, why are they both trans and gay? In the game those characters were married and there's zero indication that they are trans. If you're designing a human counterpart to a character shouldn't you actually being trying to mirror their traits as closely as possible? Not saying its a big deal since people can do whatever they want on their tumblrs. I just have trouble understanding it.

Just being clear that I was literally responding to someone saying "but what about the straight white men?".

That said: eh, who cares? They're not modifying the original game, they're reinterpreting the characters for themselves. No one is going to come away from that picture thinking "this character is canonically Jamaican, aromantic, and poly". Even if you don't subscribe to the death-of-the-author theory, someone taking the characters, separating them from the source, and doing something else from them goes beyond that.

tax:

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Nov 27, 2017

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
it would be as good to see art from binary people unifying with non-binary people, as it would be to see art from non-binary people unifying with binary people. everyone gets along!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

End of Shoelace posted:

it would be as good to see art from binary people unifying with non-binary people, as it would be to see art from non-binary people unifying with binary people. everyone gets along!

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
In honour of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming out in the next few days please enjoy some fanart for one of the best JRPGs to come out in the last decade.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Besesoth posted:

Just being clear that I was literally responding to someone saying "but what about the straight white men?".

That said: eh, who cares? They're not modifying the original game, they're reinterpreting the characters for themselves. No one is going to come away from that picture thinking "this character is canonically Jamaican, aromantic, and poly". Even if you don't subscribe to the death-of-the-author theory, someone taking the characters, separating them from the source, and doing something else from them goes beyond that.

tax:

Then why bother tying it to the original at all?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The game was good up until you cross over into Mechawhatever and then it’s all downhill. I didn’t play X more than a few minutes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This one is for all you under appreciated white cis hets out there.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thanks I feel better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

This one is for all you under appreciated white cis hets out there.

You don't cook instant noodles during boss fights, you eat them dry. They're better that way.

• Locked thread