Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I seriously have no idea how that comic got published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

poly and open-minded posted:

but the best gift he received is when he finds out the girl he has been dating is really his adopted sister

Wow so Kurt was into Incest and he still got into Heaven?
Lucky guy. But then again, that much was obvious when it was revealed he had two willies.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

Lucky guy. But then again, that much was obvious when it was revealed he had two willies.

Only Jubilee knows for sure if that's true.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Endless Mike posted:

That bar obscure characters hang out in to hide from Grant Morrison is hilarious!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

People had fond memories of Giffen's 1980s Ambush Bug miniseries.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Synthbuttrange posted:

What if Galactus got a series in the 90s?

im choosing to believe that galactus fired ghost rider out of his huge gun, based on the gun's glow and the wheel of ghost riders bike

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

People had fond memories of Giffen's 1980s Ambush Bug miniseries.

I mean in the sense that it spent the entire series making GBS threads on DC's management

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Some very interesting perspective in this Justice League movie promo webcomic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbPNf_ynxUx/

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Looks like a WikiHow

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It looks like a ClipArt man dragged and awkwardly resized to stand next to a car.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Big, so you can read the fine print.

Sensational She-Hulk #5

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ygolonac posted:

Sensational She-Hulk #5
For GROO listing:

"Hey, isn't this by the guy who does those funny drawings in the margins in Mad Magazine? Sergio Valenti or something?"

Hahahahahaha

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Byrne throwing shade at Shooter there, I see.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Ygolonac posted:

Sensational She-Hulk #5

Holy poo poo every remember every joke from this. Remember when Byrne actually tried? That's 2 pages of legit hilarious text, all in the context of She-Hulk saying "gently caress it" and tearing through her own magazine to get away from danger.

The 'Nam one is still my favorite... can't believe he got away with the weed like in 1989....

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

GPTribefan posted:

Holy poo poo every remember every joke from this. Remember when Byrne actually tried? That's 2 pages of legit hilarious text, all in the context of She-Hulk saying "gently caress it" and tearing through her own magazine to get away from danger.

The 'Nam one is still my favorite... can't believe he got away with the weed like in 1989....

I was more surprised about the Speedball one.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Unlucky7 posted:

I was more surprised about the Speedball one.

Apparently that's where legal drew the line about using actual names.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Quicksilver continued his therapy sessions with Leonard Samson which leads to this gem of a page from X-Factor #89:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've been reading some early issues of Thor and there's one thing that hasn't changed over the years:

Odin is a dick.
(Journey into Mystery #90)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

I've been reading some early issues of Thor and there's one thing that hasn't changed over the years:

Odin is a dick.

Odin using his vast powers to cock block his son will always be funny. It's a recurring theme.

I've also been reading early Thor and for some reason Thor calling someone "amigo" is hilarious to me.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Odin using his vast powers to cock block his son will always be funny. It's a recurring theme.

I've also been reading early Thor and for some reason Thor calling someone "amigo" is hilarious to me.

That's actually the storyline I said, "Oh, I really want to read that..." which was then followed up by deciding to go whole hog and jump back to the beginning.

I've been reading a lot of giant runs lately...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

That's actually the storyline I said, "Oh, I really want to read that..." which was then followed up by deciding to go whole hog and jump back to the beginning.

I've been reading a lot of giant runs lately...

Thor has to stop the Celestials from destroying Earth with a detour to be a luchador for a while.

I got done reading all of Fantastic Four and am now going through Thor and it's fun but, man, sometimes the dialogue is... it's something.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Thor has to stop the Celestials from destroying Earth with a detour to be a luchador for a while.

I got done reading all of Fantastic Four and am now going through Thor and it's fun but, man, sometimes the dialogue is... it's something.

I read all of Fantastic Four several years ago. Truly you and I are the only ones who can know the pain of the Englehart and Claremont runs.

I just wrapped up reading all of Captain America (well, up to 2010, at least). He was never my favorite character but I found that there was a lot more decent Cap than terrible Cap. Not a whole lot of spectacular, this has to be read, Captain America, though. Kind of a middle of the road book that may not have ever achieved the highs of Fantastic Four but never really the lows either.

(Cap #362, IIRC, probably not, though :v:)

After Thor I might work my way through Iron Man, another character I've never cared for. But I bounced off Daredevil hard when I tried to read early issues again. I don't think he ever becomes interesting until Miller takes over. Even when he was pretending to be his brother Mike.

(I tried to find a funny panel of Mike Murdock to put here, but no such panel exists. He is the exact opposite of funny.)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

Odin is a dick.
Is Odin wearing a Captain Falcon helmet?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's a douchebag, so it makes sense.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My favourite example of a Silver Age Marvel character being a dick is right there in Fantastic Four #1:

gently caress you, Reed.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Sensational She-Hulk #5

Some good jokes here between the gross poo poo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Random Stranger posted:

I read all of Fantastic Four several years ago. Truly you and I are the only ones who can know the pain of the Englehart and Claremont runs.

I just wrapped up reading all of Captain America (well, up to 2010, at least). He was never my favorite character but I found that there was a lot more decent Cap than terrible Cap. Not a whole lot of spectacular, this has to be read, Captain America, though. Kind of a middle of the road book that may not have ever achieved the highs of Fantastic Four but never really the lows either.

(Cap #362, IIRC, probably not, though :v:)

After Thor I might work my way through Iron Man, another character I've never cared for. But I bounced off Daredevil hard when I tried to read early issues again. I don't think he ever becomes interesting until Miller takes over. Even when he was pretending to be his brother Mike.

(I tried to find a funny panel of Mike Murdock to put here, but no such panel exists. He is the exact opposite of funny.)

I definitely recommend going through Iron Man. It was a lot more interesting and fun than I expected. And to the surprise of nobody, the 80s especially were good because Marvel was just killing it that decade.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Wheat Loaf posted:

My favourite example of a Silver Age Marvel character being a dick is right there in Fantastic Four #1:

gently caress you, Reed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDzBVvhbtIw

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Wheat Loaf posted:

gently caress you, Reed.

Reed agrees with you:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zeeman posted:

Reed agrees with you:

Love that page. Even more with the previous page added on.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, you've got to have that, "Once upon a time, there was a very arrogant man who did something very stupid," panel.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Was that the point in time where Valeria was pretending to be a normal toddler, but was actually super-intelligent?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think she was still a regular-rear end bb at that point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nothing about Valeria was normal at any point.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I don't think she was super-intelligent yet, but as Waid himself later revealed, she was technically a conduit for Doom's magic then. So it's possible Doom saw that.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Say Nothing posted:

Was that the point in time where Valeria was pretending to be a normal toddler, but was actually super-intelligent?

IIRC, it was the Millar run that established her as superintelligent, and that came 5 or 6 years later.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I don't think she was super-intelligent yet, but as Waid himself later revealed, she was technically a conduit for Doom's magic then. So it's possible Doom saw that.

meanwhile in Castle Doom...

"RICHARDS HAS ADMITTED HE IS AN ARROGANT FOOL! GOD THIS MYSTIC VISION RULES!" :doom:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FoneBone posted:

IIRC, it was the Millar run that established her as superintelligent, and that came 5 or 6 years later.

5 or 6 years later... at age 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Does every Fantastic Four member have an amazing theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU