Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

This is objectively excellent. The peak of good logo design, and I'm not just saying that as a child of the 90s.

I'm also a fan of the Г:n Formula One logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be honest it reminds me of when the Premier League changed logos and everyone hated it for two months and talked about how much better the old one was and now nobody even talks about it anymore because it looks fine.

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_premier_league_by_designstudio_and_robin_brand_consultants.php

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

To be honest it reminds me of when the Premier League changed logos and everyone hated it for two months and talked about how much better the old one was and now nobody even talks about it anymore because it looks fine.

To be fair that's every change ever made ever. People are just dumb and become complacent with poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Regardless I think there are bigger issues than a silly logo.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Regardless I think there are bigger issues than a silly logo.

Completely fair. And I literally could not give any less of a poo poo about the logo if they started trying to fix the racing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I care

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That is the pinnacle of excellent logo design.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair that's every change ever made ever. People are just dumb and become complacent with poo poo.

Yeah clearly the smart people are the ones who stay Mad at Logos 100 percent of the time

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Completely fair. And I literally could not give any less of a poo poo about the logo if they started trying to fix the racing.

It’s not one or the other, loving lmao. This is why you have a dedicated marketing team.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

It’s not one or the other, loving lmao. This is why you have a dedicated marketing team.

They don't have a dedicated marketing team. They have a woman who used to work at as head of Honda's marketing who happened to have Wieden and Kennedy as their ad firm. Just lol if you think there's a huge building somewhere working round the clock on F1.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the logo didnt need to change. the thing that needed to change are the moronic engine, budget and testing rules

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

They don't have a dedicated marketing team. They have a woman who used to work at as head of Honda's marketing who happened to have Wieden and Kennedy as their ad firm. Just lol if you think there's a huge building somewhere working round the clock on F1.

They literally have a dedicated marketing team you moron

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_premier_league_by_designstudio_and_robin_brand_consultants.php

The old logo was great and still great. The new logo is also great. Wish I could say the same about the now-dead F1 series.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

They literally have a dedicated marketing team you moron

They have an ad firm called Wieden and Kennedy, loving lol try reading sometime.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie had a hut with one person in it. I’ve always assumed their job was to sift through and print out e-mails because Bernie didn’t know to use outlook express.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i just dont really understand why the focused on the r and l in formula 1 in the new logo, and not instead the more popular and historical F and 1

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

They have an ad firm called Wieden and Kennedy, loving lol try reading sometime.

Did you hit your head

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You read any article about the new logo and they reference at least three F1 marketing employees by name, all of whom are new hires post-Bernie.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Can you two just gently caress and get it over with already? Sheesh.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka be nice. 1500 stop triggering him

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think this one marketing analyst guy's review of the new logo is actually quite interesting

https://goo.gl/eLeBo3

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Google says Wieden+Kennedy are one of the most awarded advert agencies in the world and do the adverts for Nike and Coca Cola

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wicka's complete lack of understanding of how the business world works is trigging the poo poo out of me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

None of you are my dad

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Google says Wieden+Kennedy are one of the most awarded advert agencies in the world and do the adverts for Nike and Coca Cola

They also did the herbs and spices thing for KFC's twitter and the follow up art commission

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Wicka's complete lack of understanding of how the business world works is trigging the poo poo out of me.

Yes, I should’ve known that F1’s marketing team is also made up of engineers and aerodynamicists. How stupid of me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Posters ITT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMLNDCiLbgM

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went from never going to KFC ever because it is gross to going at least twice a day due to their stroke of twitter genius

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

They did the weird-rear end Old Spice ads too.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The Williams Formula 1 team was at a loss to explain Lance Stroll's mysterious lack of pace during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Stroll gained two places at the start to run 13th, but struggled with balance issues and tyres, forcing him to do three pitstops while most did just one.

He crossed the line 18th, while teammate Felipe Massa scored a point with 10th in his final race in F1.

"He just didn't seem to have the balance to make it work," said Williams technical director Paddy Lowe.

"We need to go and comfortably understand whether there was something wrong with the car and at least rule that in or out.

"Then we're onto tyres. It has been a tricky weekend for everyone with tyre temperatures. Yes [he has struggled all weekend]. Even Friday he didn't have the pace. We need to understand that."

Stroll was running an older spec engine, following the failure in Brazil, but Lowe dismissed that as a cause for the deficit.

"There's a small step with the engine but not one that one could use as an explanation in this context," he said.

Stroll had a good battle with Romain Grosjean for 13th in the first stint before the latter came out on top after multiple passes and re-passes.

But after that, he struggled with tyre temperature, leading to lock-ups that ultimately forced the extra pitstops.

"He locked up so it's an early stop and then onto the harder tyre, thinking well at least that's a new tyre, but that was worse," said Lowe.

"He couldn't get it to come in. Eventually, he gave up on the tyre and we didn't resist that because he wasn't showing the pace.

"Even he recognised at the end of the race, that he was quicker than Vandoorne at that point so if he had just hung in there, he would have finished ahead of Vandoorne, which is 12th.

"Lance recognises himself that some of that was his own inexperience, where no matter how bad it is, sometimes you just stick with it and make the most of it."

When asked if Stroll needs to make a big step next year, Lowe replied: "Yes, I think that will be more clear to Lance than anyone. But we've got things to work on."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-mystified-by-strolls-struggles-983390/

loving LOL

2018 is going to be make it or break it for Lance.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I went from never going to KFC ever because it is gross to going at least twice a day due to their stroke of twitter genius

The gravy is like crack.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
KFC has fries in Canada and that gravy + fries is amazing. We should all be ashamed for buying and enjoying the delicious battery farmed chicken.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I go there cause it's some delicious loving chicken.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

He is bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

KFC has fries in Canada and that gravy + fries is amazing. We should all be ashamed for buying and enjoying the delicious battery farmed chicken.

Finally, something we can agree on.

The fries and gravy thing. I don't give an ornery gently caress about battery chicken when it's that delicious.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

1500quidporsche posted:

I go there cause it's some delicious loving chicken.

There are like 8 fast food chicken places that are better

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
KFC is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There are like 8 fast food chicken places that are better

Get the gently caress out of here you loving Zika brained idiot.

• Locked thread