Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

You guys are talking about Orion/Tiberius, right? I heard people don't like him but I just started and haven't seen him be that bad. I did notice that at least a couple times he totally misses details by not listening and then asks something like whether they should go to the pub while they're already at the pub. Is that the kinda thing that people complained about?
He argues some dumb mechanical points with the DM pretty consistently and towards the end starts making some weird comments. He's pretty clearly a power-gamer trying to "win" all the time.

Which, whatever, he speeds combat up by blasting things apart real good. I found the constant, long, cringey RP scenes between the "lovers" way less tolerable as the series goes on. I'm on episode 94 or something right now and I kind of straight up don't like 2 of the people/characters and skip whenever they're talking for extended periods of time.

Grog and Sam Riegel carry the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pleads posted:

He argues some dumb mechanical points with the DM pretty consistently and towards the end starts making some weird comments. He's pretty clearly a power-gamer trying to "win" all the time.
My favorite defusing of this kind of thing is in the first episode of Harmonquest where Paul F. Tompkins tries to (and convincingly does) argue why he should have more NPC backup in a fight and the GM replies in-character with a simple "these are all reasonable points" and moves on.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Where is the GODDAMNED MILITIA?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

BigRed0427 posted:

Wow, the TV show still holds up.

Travis losing his mind and slapping the poo poo out of Justin and "I just had a thought. Actually, gently caress this." are among the funniest Mcelroy bits.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Went back to rewatch an old Polygon Quiplash with someone who's been thrown down the Memory Hole and god drat if "I ate my dad, I'll eat your dad, gently caress you" and "where's the taint button" aren't still amazing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kenny Logins posted:

Went back to rewatch an old Polygon Quiplash with someone who's been thrown down the Memory Hole and god drat if "I ate my dad, I'll eat your dad, gently caress you" and "where's the taint button" aren't still amazing.

UH OH!

Nick getting very upset at being consistently UH OH!-ed is probably my favorite thing he ever did. He just got so immediately salty about it. I love it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SpacePig posted:

UH OH!

Nick getting very upset at being consistently UH OH!-ed is probably my favorite thing he ever did. He just got so immediately salty about it. I love it.
He then immediately got reverse UH OH!ed (i.e. tried using UH OH! himself and losing big) next game. So great.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MillennialVulcan posted:

Travis losing his mind and slapping the poo poo out of Justin and "I just had a thought. Actually, gently caress this." are among the funniest Mcelroy bits.

that, their unique resumes, and the roasting of Nathan (question asker) are some of my favorite McElroy bits ever

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
"Justin's gonna slam you here in a second. Light this mptherfucker up!"
"Get him! Get him, Justin!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

YOU'RE A FART, NATHAN!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

I honestly don't think that there are any better moments in either the show or the podcast than when the Travis and Griffin step aside and let Justin do an incredibly bad joke, and then egg him on to actually go through with it. This and the bean bag bean bit are among some of my favorites.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I like when Griffin is a Very Magical Pervert and also dabbing with the teens.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Justin let slip in today's episode that he shot for some other project after working on the show.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SpacePig posted:

I honestly don't think that there are any better moments in either the show or the podcast than when the Travis and Griffin step aside and let Justin do an incredibly bad joke, and then egg him on to actually go through with it. This and the bean bag bean bit are among some of my favorites.

Finish the joke, Justin.

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmmY3TkObEw

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Waffleman_ posted:

Justin let slip in today's episode that he shot for some other project after working on the show.

Trolls 2 reshoots.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I like when Griffin is a Very Magical Pervert and also dabbing with the teens.

"I think I've done a lot of comedy today...and would like to go home early please."

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

SpacePig posted:

This and Justin telling Travis "you can park the car out on the street but everybody knows you drove here" or "if you think they're going to hit my music and I'm going to run in with a steel chair to save you from this bit..." when Travis really starts flailing

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

My favorite is when Travis interrupts Justin to make a joke, the joke bombs, and you can hear the grin on Justin's face as he lets Travis sink.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ariong posted:

My favorite is when Travis interrupts Justin to make a joke, the joke bombs, and you can hear the grin on Justin's face as he lets Travis sink.

"Now, Justin, let me one up that..."
"That might as well be the name of this fuckin' podcast."

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Today’s final bit on MBMBaM was definitely one of those times we talked about a few weeks back where Travis doesn’t start the goof but absolutely elevates it

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6fz9aAq80

edit:

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8oc4Ej1DQc

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 27, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I gotta say I get the urge to turn off awful squad the second Justin starts singing but luckily for them I'm far from the typical viewing demo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Toaster Beef posted:

This and Justin telling Travis "you can park the car out on the street but everybody knows you drove here" or "if you think they're going to hit my music and I'm going to run in with a steel chair to save you from this bit..." when Travis really starts flailing

When was this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ojjeorago posted:

Trolls 2 reshoots.

Are they actually in it or is it just a months long good at this point, I've gotten kind of turned around on this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're not in it yet...

But they're gonna be.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are they actually in it or is it just a months long good at this point, I've gotten kind of turned around on this.

The McElroy Brothers will be in Trolls 2.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
When the brothers do live shows in the LA area you can be sure they're secretly recording their parts for trolls 2

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Raserys posted:

When was this

ep 375, in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joOXH2AzTw0

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

thanks

also i accidentally reported you while i was trying to quote you on mobile. this guy's cool, mods

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/935304196915650560
These brothers live the best lives

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so when are Lin and Griffin going to the Carly Rae Jepsen concert

alternatively: when does Lin appear as guest GM on Raw and schedule a match between Griffin and Goldust

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Yeah I bet Griffin would love to be in a remake of the movie Raw

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Would he get to wear Eddie Murphy's purple leather pants too?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

abraham linksys posted:

so when are Lin and Griffin going to the Carly Rae Jepsen concert

alternatively: when does Lin appear as guest GM on Raw and schedule a match between Griffin and Goldust

Griffin and Stardust vs Stephen Amell and Goldust

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
That bit when Justin freaks out when Griffin gets tackled by Goldust was awesome.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How did these guys end up being friends with Lin Manuel anyway? Is he just a big fan of MBMBAM or The Adventure Zone? Or did they just meet randomly on a bus?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

How did these guys end up being friends with Lin Manuel anyway? Is he just a big fan of MBMBAM or The Adventure Zone? Or did they just meet randomly on a bus?

I think they got to know him through their history in the theatre, and then he was a huge fan of MBMBAM, but I could be wrong.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He's just a big fan, but he started listening when he was a Z-list celebrity who was known exclusively for In the Heights (which DID win the Tony for Best Musical but is also only ever listened to by serious musical theatre geeks even after this Hamilton thing.) The McElroys know by heart the names of, and will fawn over, actors who had a supporting role on sitcoms only they remember; that aired on, like, BET Jr. 2, in the 80s. As you can imagine, "Man who is only technically a celebrity", and "People who treat Gerald McRaney like he's a household name" would naturally form a symbiotic relationship. This relationship persisted even after the former became an actual celebrity. I hope this answers your question.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for the McElroys to get a role in Miranda's Kingkiller tv series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Moatman posted:

Today’s final bit on MBMBaM was definitely one of those times we talked about a few weeks back where Travis doesn’t start the goof but absolutely elevates it

Travis was absolutely on form this week. The crawdads goof was ok but not amazing and Travis just saves it out of nowhere.