Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I liked the prologue of Into Darkness where they are observing a less developed civilization until they have to bail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Not really a surprise that JL is a bomb, but "historical" is a pretty strong word there
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/justice-league-box-office-bomb/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why would you not go whole hog? The tiger should speak fluently and be voiced by Kelsey Grammar

Its prob gonna be super grim and dark, until boy Batson, dealing with trying to shake off his addiction to heroin, has a trippy scene with a talking Tiger coming out of the toilet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Not really a surprise that JL is a bomb, but "historical" is a pretty strong word there
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/justice-league-box-office-bomb/

Studios don’t count that extra stuff.

Everyone’s just trying to get clickbaity with it now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/934539052099014656

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Saw it on Wednesday.

I thought Cyborg was one of the better parts. It helps that he actually has something to contribute to the plot, but I think the performance is what really sells it in the end. I think the difference between reading a panel with a still image of a dude complaining about being a cyborg, and watching that character do that in a cartoon or a movie might be what makes that character work better here and on Teen Titans 2003.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Aquaman was horrible. I like Jason Mamoa, but his character and performance are just dripping with trying too hard to be cool. It was actively annoying throughout the whole movie.

Everybody else was ok. Flash was kinda annoying at points, but I guess he was supposed to be.

Like everybody else has been saying here: I do not like what they did with the 4th World content. Turning wonderful Jack Kirby designs into ugly CGI messes is not the way to go, and I don't want to imagine what Darkseid will look like.

I was told that there was another post-credits scene after the Flash/Superman race, looked it up, saw it was about Deathstroke, and just walked out. I don't think they could have gone with a less interesting tease.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He looked worse than he does on Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

He looked worse than he does on Arrow.

Well to be fair, the Deathstroke costume on Arrow is better than a lot of movie costumes anyway.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Did anyone see 'Professor Marston And The Wonder Women'?
It's at the local arthouse and this is a pretty boring Sunday.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you take your girlfriend she might think you're trying to get a threesome. So take your girlfriend and her friend.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Neurosis posted:

Yeah... She's queuing up songs on her iPod... It gets her in the mood to fight...

Dark core, trip hop... whatever the kids are listening to these days

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Counterpoint: I once went to a video game store that was selling the latest World of Warcraft expansion with complimentary deodorant.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Phylodox posted:

Counterpoint: I once went to a video game store that was selling the latest World of Warcraft expansion with complimentary deodorant.

Not about superheroes, but related to what I'm quoting:

Those do exist. I....was speechless.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Desperado Bones posted:

Not about superheroes, but related to what I'm quoting:

Those do exist. I....was speechless.

It would be worse if it was Chorizo.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did anyone see 'Professor Marston And The Wonder Women'?
It's at the local arthouse and this is a pretty boring Sunday.

It's pretty good. Not great, but good performances and the threesome scenes certainly are somethin'.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

poly and open-minded posted:

Dark core, trip hop... whatever the kids are listening to these days

edm... that's the spirit of the modern youth audience... or whatever that idiot 'intellectual' said in that email to amy pascal about how there needed to be a spiderman edm scene.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Neurosis posted:

edm... that's the spirit of the modern youth audience... or whatever that idiot 'intellectual' said in that email to amy pascal about how there needed to be a spiderman edm scene.

That scene was pretty cool, though

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

quote:

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”…..wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way….he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense….and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

His movements are beautiful.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wheat Loaf posted:

His movements are beautiful.
Huh, I think I found a picture of that guy:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Leaked, unfinished Infinity War scene.

(Tumblr link 'cuz usually they're the last to get taken down. Even Disney lawyers fear to venture into those realms :xd:)

Smaller, very brief clips:
http://marvelstudiosmovies.tumblr.com/post/167914096181/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-clip-1
http://marvelstudiosmovies.tumblr.com/post/167914103696/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-clip-2
http://marvelstudiosmovies.tumblr.com/post/167914110715/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-clip-3
http://marvelstudiosmovies.tumblr.com/post/167914142629/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-clip-4

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 27, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hrm, I wonder who Sam is fighting against, but I'm going to assume Wanda is going up against against Proxima Midnight based on the staff.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Words can't properly convey how excited I am for that movie. It looks like it's gonna be amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Punished Cap leading the Secret Avengers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Cosmo better be in this movie. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Album of the VF Infinity War shoot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everyone is great. Everything is great. Man this movie better be great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why am I blanking on the person Cobie is leaning on?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

howe_sam posted:

No idea who that is. Groot shouldn’t be tiny either. Also Thorhas both eyes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

That's Linda Cardellini, Mrs. Hawkeye.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hemsworth always gets the most noncommittal-looking poses for these things, doesn't he?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So Rhodey is fine again?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

So Rhodey is fine again?

Getting the armor to do the walking shouldn’t take much effort considering Tony’s poo poo runs itself by now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Considering that was literally what they were doing at the end of Civil War.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also Thorhas both eyes.

He had both in trailers that took place after him losing it as well. Could just be protecting that story moment in Thor 3 or just added CG later?

e: oh it's a magazine shoot, I dunno then

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's probably the first time we see Wasp, so that's good.

I'm sure this shoot was done before Ragnarok was released so there was no need to have Thor lose an eye.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
He also has his hammer there to so yeah

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm the hypocrite not crazy about South Park or Family Guy's approach to references that giggled at the Snatch reference.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like Don Cheadle and I like War Machine, but there’s a part of me deep down that would have enjoyed if he never suited up but every time he showed up he would look longingly at the suits and whisper “next time” like in the first movie.

I don’t even know why I think that’s so funny, but I do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It will be super hilarious to me if Thor is just back to status quo again in Infinity War. In fact I almost hope that happens, every major change is just entirely reverted with the flimiest of handwaves.

"Rhodey! Weren't you crippled?" "I got better." "Thor, what about your hammer?" "Got better." "Yondu, didn't you die?" "BETTER."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It'll be like that bit from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

• Locked thread