Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nerdman42 posted:

In the literal sense.

I've been hoarding them a little, but most of my guys have at least three Isos equipped and a few enhanced. No real change after I enhance some of them.

I... didn't even know this thing existed.

I feel dumb now.

edit: Having now found it my impression is its just "rank" so like you're at the mercy of what others have compared to you. I have a full set of unawakened 6*s on Sharon Rogers but she's only yellow. I assume I need to awaken those, maybe get a better set, and probably buy those other Iso slots and fill them to move up in that category.

That's my first impression at least. I imagine the people at the top of those ranks have 32 fully awakened Isos so any measly 8 set is going to just rank low.

But I've known about this for all of five minutes so I'm full of poo poo.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

To get that meter up all the way you have to have 8 fully awakened ISO's slotted. If you're not sure what that is, you first have to get an ISO up to 6*, then continue levelling it until it's 6* +5. At that point the button to level it more will be replaced by 'Awaken' which you can use to combine it with another 6* iso or the highest level enhancement material (the red gems on the rightmost slot of the list) to give it a red mastery-like start. Second level awakening requires 2 6* isos, third is three -- so to go from 6* +5 to fully awakened you need 21 other 6*'s (and a couple million gold.)

Then do that for every ISO slot. :D

This is a reason why getting 100K in ABX every day is pretty important, it guarantees you a 6* you can feed into the mill.

nerdman42 posted:

I've been hoarding them a little, but most of my guys have at least three Isos equipped and a few enhanced. No real change after I enhance some of them.

Wonder if you're combining them after enhancing? IE, if you have a 3* +5 you can combine it with another 3* +5 to get a 4*, then all the way up until 6 where you awaken it. Note that when you combine a chaos ISO with another one, the first one will retain the stats.

E2: and all that said, it's not really worth it before you have all the gear up to 20 if it's a question of where to spend resources. My priorities go something like:
> Level character to 60
> Mastery all the way up
> Level skills that have a % based bonus
> Decent custom gear

That's where I stop for nobodies. If I think I'll actually use them for SOMEthing they get:
> Roll an 8-slot ISO set, slot with 4*ish isos depending on what I have around.
> Gear to 4-15

If they turn out to be useful enough in SL I'll:
> Gear to 4-20
> Slot crap Urus

Another break here to make the Big Choice then:
> T2 them
> Roll for at least 4 enhanced uru on every gear
> Slot better Urus, but still usually only up to like 3*
> Try to find a perfect custom gear
> Improve ISO's to all 6*
> Level uniform once or twice

This is where I stop if it's not a tippy top tier, then if I'm going balls to the wall:
> Roll for 5 enhanced urus on every slot
> improve urus to 5* everywhere
> Consider Mythicing uni
> Work on fully awakening ISO set. Most I stop with a bunch of slots at like level 2 awakened.

This tier is complete lunacy:
> Fully awaken everything
> improve uru to 6* everywhere
> Buy all unis that give secondary bonuses
> Improve secondary bonus uniforms

Of course, it depends on some factors -- since NM gives away fully awakened ISO's sometimes I might just START with a fully awakened set if I know it's going to be a top tier person. Most everyone gets less, though.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 27, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

You don't level your gears to 15 on all your level 60 heroes? Why not? It's cheap and easier than getting a decent custom gear on them and it probably helps more.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I've literally never had enough GuKs for this to be the case. That's the bottleneck there.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 27, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NmareBfly posted:

I've literally never had enough GuKs for this to be the case. That's the bottleneck there.

Well then, uh, you're bad.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I dunno mang I just did a quick count and I have 30 people with unlevelled gear. It's like 2.5k guks each to 415? And right now I have 1674 of the buggers. I stopped constantly buying more from the lab at one point because it's boring and I don't tend to grind tons of story missions now that there are better ways to spend energy. :shrug:

Is this a VIP level thing? I'm at 3. Does having more get you gobs of them from co op or something?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yes it does

also wbi probably

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I have 30k gear-up kits. I didn't even think it was possible to run out.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I’m vip 3 and I have 4K guks with only 4 six star characters at level 5 gears. I don’t know man

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i dont think ive been low on guks or debris in a year, maybe two

lol i have 195k guks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ran out of guk once when I realized I had neglected ranking up gear for a long time and did like half my roster at once to 4/15. I laid off for like a week or two and bought them from the store and haven't worried about since. Just looked and I have 9K+. I'm only VIP 2.

It can definitely add up if you do a ton at once but if you're just focusing on a couple of characters at a time I don't worry about it and gold and the other materials are the quicker resource to run out.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Yeah, I find Dimension Debris more than Gear Upgrade Kits to be the bottleneck, and the answer for the former is to just run more dimension rifts...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dimension Debris used to be a big problem for me and I would buy it all the time from the store to try and keep up. But ever since they let you use clear tickets on Dimension Shifts I've pretty consistently done like 10-40 Dimension missions a day. So now I have 46K of those.

Usually it comes down to gold for me these days. I can make 4-5 million a day but now that I'm working on native T2s that goes really quickly. Even with the T1s it can run out quick with gear, skills, and rolling iso sets.

And Clear Tickets have become a thing ever since you can use them for everything. I tend to abuse that and drain my supply so then I have to spend a few days just manually doing each stage while I stockpile them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

Dimension Debris used to be a big problem for me and I would buy it all the time from the store to try and keep up. But ever since they let you use clear tickets on Dimension Shifts I've pretty consistently done like 10-40 Dimension missions a day. So now I have 46K of those.

Usually it comes down to gold for me these days. I can make 4-5 million a day but now that I'm working on native T2s that goes really quickly. Even with the T1s it can run out quick with gear, skills, and rolling iso sets.

And Clear Tickets have become a thing ever since you can use them for everything. I tend to abuse that and drain my supply so then I have to spend a few days just manually doing each stage while I stockpile them.

Same except replace gold with bios

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
With 135600 GUKs and 95545 debris, neither of those are bottlenecks for me. The Anti-matter tends to be now and then, though. Especially when I use the converter.

But then again. I've also got every non-native T2 (though some of them too) at 420 60/6/6 with 8-ISO-sets. 95 % of them filled up with 6* 5+ too.
But then again, I'm a horrible whale and my goal in this game is to have everyone at T2 with all mythic costumes, so YMMV.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I️ just can’t bring myself to dump resources into the characters I️ know are never getting upgrades. Until then I️ use stuff like SL bios on the remaining native T2s I️ don’t have at 60.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Do all you people with infinite GuKs also have every single person in the game 415'ed? Honestly curious what's causing the discrepancy here. I don't always play to peak efficiency but I dump all my energy at least twice a day most of the time so I'm not sure what I should be farming more of. In a given day my priorities are something like:

- Special missions. All 20 every day.
- World bosses. Apoc x5 because he has a better ISO drop rate than the recommended guy.
- Villain siege. Need them clear tickets.
- Whatever else I need for the daily challenges.
- Magneto
- Daily mission (gold, usually)
- AB regular
- Timeline x 10

That's all stuff I do every day almost without fail. Then when I'm actually farming / bored:
- First level of co-op play (that gets the reward without spending clears.) I only do the rest if I have > 300 or so clears banked.
- ABX (Some weeks I do this every day, sometimes I get bored.)
- Hela's stage. Only need 7 more days of this before I have enough to mythic her.
- Dimension rift. Don't always open my own right away but I'll sponge someone else's if it's around. Typically I go for Giant Man because I think his is the fastest to run?
- Veiled Secret (assuming I'm not capped out on mkran and feathers, won't be for a while with Cable and Apoc gear to level.)
- Dark Dimension because Clea's at 20-19-19-20 and I want to be done with her.
- WBU
If I still have more energy to burn at this point I'll open my own rift. If I still have more after that I'll usually burn it on random story missions.

Roster wise, I'm full up except the paywall people. 6 combat people not at full mastery and 2 speed people then I can start piling up norn stones too. I very rarely do WBI when it's not a daily mission. Is that the whole problem? I never noticed getting THAT many guks from it.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 27, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Wow you do a lot less stuff than me and I hardly spent much time playing since I sim/auto everything I possibly can... there's very little that actually requires my playing in this game

Why do you do so little co-op? Also why not do ABX every day? 6* ISO every day for awakening? Takes forever to fully awaken just your quality native T2s

I've never run out of GUKs and yeah all my guys are always 415.

I level guys up to 15 the moment they hit 60 (only 12 more duders to go!! Can't wait for full page of red 6*)

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I'm constantly short on GuKs too, I am assuming the people overloaded on them have been playing a lot longer than me, I've been playing a few months and in the last month or so have got a bunch of guys to 6* and am limited by Guks to get them to 4/15. I do ~5-6 sets of story missions a day plus all the available epic quests and daily, dimension 3x etc. Only thing I don't do daily is co-op invasion because 90% of the time I get basic white boxes so have never really seen the appeal of spending energy on that over using on story missions. I've got about ~25 to 6* in the past month or so, just can't keep up with GuKs, starting to focus on getting more t2 ready rather than 6* so assuming it will stabilize once I get my existing 6* to 4/15+.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My play is really really similar to NmareBfly's.

I don't do co-op until I need gold because I've watched myself burn through huge quantities of clear tickets. I just don't care about ABX, and I don't care too much about fully awakened ISOs on my dudes. Full disclosure though: I'm really just playing to get a complete set of characters and Shadowlands. I can't clear all 30 floors every week but I'm close. I just don't care about PvP at all and it's hard to care about WBU with lackluster rewards.

SL 25-30 is also hard to really be passionate about with the rewards.

EDIT: I also really need to start playing this in an emulator and not my phone.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

Do all you people with infinite GuKs also have every single person in the game 415'ed? Honestly curious what's causing the discrepancy here. I don't always play to peak efficiency but I dump all my energy at least twice a day most of the time so I'm not sure what I should be farming more of. In a given day my priorities are something like:

- Special missions. All 20 every day.
- World bosses. Apoc x5 because he has a better ISO drop rate than the recommended guy.
- Villain siege. Need them clear tickets.
- Whatever else I need for the daily challenges.
- Magneto
- Daily mission (gold, usually)
- AB regular
- Timeline x 10

That's all stuff I do every day almost without fail. Then when I'm actually farming / bored:
- First level of co-op play (that gets the reward without spending clears.) I only do the rest if I have > 300 or so clears banked.
- ABX (Some weeks I do this every day, sometimes I get bored.)
- Hela's stage. Only need 7 more days of this before I have enough to mythic her.
- Dimension rift. Don't always open my own right away but I'll sponge someone else's if it's around. Typically I go for Giant Man because I think his is the fastest to run?
- Veiled Secret (assuming I'm not capped out on mkran and feathers, won't be for a while with Cable and Apoc gear to level.)
- Dark Dimension because Clea's at 20-19-19-20 and I want to be done with her.
- WBU
If I still have more energy to burn at this point I'll open my own rift. If I still have more after that I'll usually burn it on random story missions.

Roster wise, I'm full up except the paywall people. 6 combat people not at full mastery and 2 speed people then I can start piling up norn stones too. I very rarely do WBI when it's not a daily mission. Is that the whole problem? I never noticed getting THAT many guks from it.

How long have you been playing? I have 40 dudes not at 4/15 . But even then that probably would not drain my 30k guks. I remember way back in the day I was spamming the poo poo out of normal missions which I don't do that much these days. It could have been that, which started to give me a stock pile. Also I clear co-op every day but I don't pay attention to the drops beyond the gold I see when I'm done. I manually run my special missions and the other xmen/strange stuff. That's how I stay ahead on clear tickets. I auto run the time line. Dimension rifts I clear ticket. But other then that I do the same stuff you do but have 30k guks and 30k debris. I have also been playing for 2 years now but did take a 3-4 month break.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Dave posted:

My play is really really similar to NmareBfly's.

I don't do co-op until I need gold because I've watched myself burn through huge quantities of clear tickets.

Do you guys not buy the 75 tickets from the Alliance Store everyday? I think after that my second source of clear tickets is AB/X and it seems to keep me in the clear

I'm super hoardy about my clear tickets, I have well over 10k; simming everything is the only way to live

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Why do you do so little co-op? Also why not do ABX every day? 6* ISO every day for awakening? Takes forever to fully awaken just your quality native T2s

Both of these actually require playing the game, not just pressing the grind button (assuming you mean WBI not co-op? Co-ops I do until I'm running low on clear tickets.) ABX is just boring because I've been playing since release so I've done it hundreds of times. Some days are better than others --- combat villain is the worst because if I don't do carnage's rotation right he'll die and if I don't point him at the boss he doesn't quite get to 100K. I hope this will be fixed by Apoc once I have him finished so I can do it without looking at the screen like I can some of the other days.

Holyshoot posted:

I have 40 dudes not at 4/15 . But even then that probably would not drain my 30k guks.

It would -- I just checked and it's 1.3k guks (and 2.1k debris) to 415. That's 52K guks to do all you dudes.

thechalkoutline posted:

Do you guys not buy the 75 tickets from the Alliance Store everyday? I think after that my second source of clear tickets is AB/X and it seems to keep me in the clear

I get the comic card + uru chests every day but not the clears.

quote:

SL 25-30 is also hard to really be passionate about with the rewards.

100% worth doing the first time for the uniform tickets to use on Loki / Thor but after that yeah. I got 2 5* cards one week two weeks ago and got excited but since then I've gotten bupkiss.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 27, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

I'm super hoardy about my clear tickets, I have well over 10k; simming everything is the only way to live

I don’t hoard clear tickets. I ride 50-200 and run out once in a blue moon. But then they throw a bunch at us.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

thechalkoutline posted:

I don't go to the Alliance Store at all actually. I had up to like 8,000 clear tickets around the time the Strange epic quest came out and now I'm down to about 3700.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

NmareBfly posted:

Both of these actually require playing the game, not just pressing the grind button (assuming you mean WBI not co-op? Co-ops I do until I'm running low on clear tickets.) ABX is just boring because I've been playing since release so I've done it hundreds of times. Some days are better than others --- combat villain is the worst because if I don't do carnage's rotation right he'll die and if I don't point him at the boss he doesn't quite get to 100K. I hope this will be fixed by Apoc once I have him finished so I can do it without looking at the screen like I can some of the other days.

It would -- I just checked and it's 1.3k guks (and 2.1k debris) to 415. That's 52K guks to do all you dudes.

I get the comic card + uru chests every day but not the clears.

100% worth doing the first time for the uniform tickets to use on Loki / Thor but after that yeah. I got 2 5* cards one week two weeks ago and got excited but since then I've gotten bupkiss.

Once you can clear SL25-30 and get the tickets, it's worth it to keep doing them for for the level 3 uniform upgrade chips, which makes getting costumes to mythic MUCH easier. But until you're at the point where you need to level your costumes to mythic you can skip it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Patch notes up

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=978663

Ahahahaha they put Nova and Anti-Man in a random only chest, can't even use bio selectors or paywall bios

Oh man this is gonna go over just GREAT

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol read the room netmarble

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

what the actual gently caress

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Also Blue Marvel's 4* passive is totally balanced and good

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Patch notes up

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=978663

Ahahahaha they put Nova and Anti-Man in a random only chest, can't even use bio selectors or paywall bios

Oh man this is gonna go over just GREAT

Honestly, I don’t care about any of these new characters, and I was hoping for no native T2 so I’ll put my resources into other stuff, but this seems like a really bad time for NM to pull this.

Wonder how tough the new story mode is going to be? Might have to put some effort into Uru and ISOs for some of my high-end roster.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Nova literally has an attack that ignores iframes. So you can't just do like I did and use QS to cheese everything if he has a boss fight.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

anti man is the only character who can beat story mode

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

anti man is the only character who can beat story mode

I hope so, op

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait for this game to be banned for sale in belgium, hawaii and quebec

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

No Monica Rambeau, are they holding her for Nextwave?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

bagrada posted:

No Monica Rambeau, are they holding her for Nextwave?

I think they're holding her for when Captain Marvel starts getting its hype cycle going, actually- they'll throw out Monica, Mar-Vell and maybe Phyla-Vell too.

No Genis.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Welp, done spending money on this game lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Every time I think about getting back into this game I read something like that and feel justified about getting out.

Still haven't deleted the app off my phone in hoping the next group of mutants will have my boy :itjb: in it but I don't even know if that'll lure me back at this point.