Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel like I'm going to get a lot of use out of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
A little smaller:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Bell_ posted:

If anyone can open those two to each other, it's going to be Kat.
Either that or she totally loses her rag at the both of them, storms off in a huff, and then father and daughter bond over "so what was that all about?"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Given this thread's love of dead-horse jokes, yes, I expect to see this on nearly every page.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I expect this to end like The Simpson's shock therapy

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

A little smaller:

Shouldn't it just say "yes" with a happy Antimony face next to it instead?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No this is way better and actually useful

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I guess it's the distance but Tony looks way younger in those panels far more like his old self

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

EmmyOk posted:

I guess it's the distance but Tony looks way younger in those panels far more like his old self

I'm thinking that's very much intentional. Sort of reinforces the bridge they are trying to make between safari/alone Tony and present Tony.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I went to see Thor and one of the characters was Brynhildr and I was all "oh hey she's in Gunnerkrigg, neat, oh huh I fell behind on Gunnerkrigg for a few weeks since they were off watching trees, I should catch up" and y'all in this thread have been... busy. :stare:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 26, 2017

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Did Annie get taller?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

Did Annie get taller?

Assuming Tom takes care to keep heights consistent, yes it looks like she's grown a couple inches at least since Sneak:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1530

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Heels?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1913

*takes out magnifying glass*

Doesn't look like it, inspector

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I get the feeling that Annie might just have a straighter, more confident, posture now. Physically splitting off her anger wasn't exactly her highest point.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'd say partly posture and partly artistically representing her approach to her father.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Assuming Tom takes care to keep heights consistent, yes it looks like she's grown a couple inches at least since Sneak:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1530

Looks like her head got smaller too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Hm a fascinating theory. We're going to need to break out the craniometer for this one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Teenage girls have growth spurts, too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fister Roboto posted:

Compared to the start of the comic?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Lurdiak posted:

We don't need that many pictures of Eglamore.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if we'll get to see the internal screaming going on inside either of them

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1915

Calling it: Kat's going to cut someone by the end of this chapter

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Worst bring your daughter to work day ever

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Splicer posted:

Hopefully.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Splicer posted:

Bitch bout to lose his other hand.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So he does tell jokes!
Really mean spirited, straight faced ones, without humour. But internally he might have chuckled a bit.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bell_ posted:

If anyone can open those two to each other, it's going to be Kat.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If this chapter ends without so much as a crack in his facade that Annie can recognize, I won't be too surprised but I will be disappointed.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

next page is going to be the real punchline, where it was kat's part of the design that needed the work, and he's actually just complimenting Annie

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I'd be satisfied with Elgamore breaking his damned jaw for being such a jerk.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yeah, so this is my problem with Tony's character rehabilitation, as presented in the previous chapter; Tony isn't just emotionally distant and/or socially awkward around Annie, the way he was around others as a child. He is actively cruel towards his daughter.

That's not an anxiety disorder; that's being a loving rear end in a top hat. I understand the wellspring of his abuse, and even sympathize to a degree, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't get to be an rear end in a top hat towards your own child.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Their plan makes sense from a kids perspective, they think he'll open up in a work environment but the key is face to face.

I still think we'll see Annie and Dad go off on a holiday together, alone, once winter break starts. That will probably be the culmination of this arc.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Is this comic ever going to get a sense of wonder and adventure again, or is every chapter going forward going to be the poor man's Dr. Phil?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TurkeyFried posted:

Is this comic ever going to get a sense of wonder and adventure again, or is every chapter going forward going to be the poor man's Dr. Phil?

We got two slugs loving and people fighting a ghost while messing about inside an arrow with a spirit prison. vOv

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TurkeyFried posted:

They're trying to make a goddamn biological robot RIGHT NOW what more wonder do you want

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
two chapters ago was a romance between a lady and a robot and how they want to real body for him although I guess that could on poor man's dr phil

chapter before that was a coyote and ysengrin chapter

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TurkeyFried posted:

There is indeed very little direction currently. What are we currently working towards except a robot uprising?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Mazerunner posted:

chapter before that was a coyote and ysengrin chapter
That's less poor man's Dr. Phil and more Jerry Springer on magic mushrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Demiurge4 posted:

Their plan makes sense from a kids perspective, they think he'll open up in a work environment but the key is face to face.

I still think we'll see Annie and Dad go off on a holiday together, alone, once winter break starts. That will probably be the culmination of this arc.

They already live together, I don't think the problem is that Tony and Annie don't get to spend enough time together.

The problem is Tony still hasn't gotten over his dead wife and he's taking those repressed emotions out on his daughter.

Douche dad needs some therapy, some anxiety/depression meds, and a quick slap to the face because (regardless of his motivations) this is a lovely thing to do to a kid and it's not his daughters job to fix him.