Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah, but that was when there was no servants and no decent missions to grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Oh dear, if we're getting this now when are we getting London?

At least London I can kinda wait on. Events are rough because I have two mobile games running events at the same time and its really annoying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
At least Xmas seems to be more of "just run as much you can, I don't know" where you just go until you're bored or feel you've gotten enough from the raffle. Far fewer mats to worry about buying in the shop.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Jesus gently caress. So much so fast, goddamn. Well, at least I'll get the ~20 bones I need for Shisou quick, and the xp cards will be nice to help level up all my new ascensions and new servants, but dear god some downtime would be nice.

Going to roll hard for Jack and Alice, need to have the kids around. It will probably also put Marie at NP 5 (from 3) if my luck with her holds.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Since Star Wars The Last Jedi releases shortly after this event ends there's a possibility of Saber Wars next and not London.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really hope Saber Wars remains a January thing, because unlike Xmas that is an event chock full of poo poo I need and IIRC is supposed to be pretty hard so some additional prep time wouldn't hurt.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So, any good grinding guides for Christmas?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, if they ran it near christmas like they did for Japan what I posted earlier would have been even more true, since doubt anybody would want to farm on the 24th or 25th. Now we can use the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th to farm. Most of those days comfortably fall on the weekend too.

Soonest London will hit is the 20th since they do a week of half-off story first so that'll be another break. And then there should be no events for a while to give you time to do the chapter at your own pace. They won't do Saber Wars before London due to one of the sabers participating being released with London, don't think, not to mention that absolutely would create event fatigue. They don't own Star Wars and receive absolutely no money from trying to hype the movie release with their game, whereas any Star Wars hype will still exist in January when they run their parody event.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Saber Wars needs Mordred which needs London.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

We're eventually gonna have a pokemon go joke day long after that was relevant

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought we were gonna get London first? I want my Hans interlude.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Oh huh, we're getting Christmas first before London? Guess that means I won't have as much time to farm it as I'd like then. Oh well, at least that means it won't overlap with JPN Christmas.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hm. This kind of throws a wrench in plans for me to get Martha and other events Servants. more up to speed. Will probably end up relying on event EXP cards of the first few days for it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Motto posted:

We're eventually gonna have a pokemon go joke day long after that was relevant

Eh, that was always just a thread/fandom guess, since people didn't think they'd release the Christmas event this early. London was originally released after the Christmas event was finished. With how they've been doing things so far in NA, we'll probably get a week of 1/2 AP story after the event finishes, then they'll release London.

I suspect Saber Wars will end up moved to early-mid January instead of the end of the month though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been chomping at the bit for Nero's third skill so she can start soloing boss rushes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
At least I can ignore the Christmas gacha and save up for Servants that don't have terrible artwork.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

but Nursery Rhyme is hecka cute though

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Gosh darn you, at least give me some more time to level up the event characters! :mad: I mean, it's not terrible since they're all at least ascended once (not counting Marie and Martha who the game still refuses to give me), but still. Oh, well, can't really complain about another event though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TheFireMagi posted:

but Nursery Rhyme is hecka cute though

Got her to NP 2 on my JP account without trying. She's alright, and I wouldn't hate Jack if she had an outfit like Rhyme.

God I hate japanese pedo artists.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I will roll in the hopes of getting the SR Servants. Jack I can take or leave.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How painful is the grind for the shop items in the Christmas shop without any CE but the FP ones if I get any? I don't intend to roll the Christmas banner at all.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Jeeze what's all this fuss about Jack, I hear she's the best assassin in the game...
[Looks up artwork]:stare:

So I guess I'll be sticking to her base artwork if I pull her. (I won't pull her.)

In other news, the never-ending cavalcade of events means I'm gonna have to really consider what I'm grinding the rest of today: Do I keep running embers to level Caesar/stockpile rider xp for Santa, or try to get some pieces for Cuchulain now that I finally have the only lancer I'll ever use?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lancer pieces. Experience cards will come during the event to feed Santa.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
Well shoot, and just as I was basking in the glory of having acquired all the Servants in the (NA Version) game so far.

I...don't think I can roll for these new Servants or the limited CEs. I'm still recovering from the cruise ship that was forced upon me, and Gilgamesh has financially ruined me (in Quartz).

I don't think buying more Quartz is even an option for me this time either.

I hate to say it, but for this coming event, I will have to act like a...F2P...and be more optimal in how I go into this.

On a completely different note, I have fully maxed out Liz's Attack Up skill with no regrets, and am looking forward to getting the other maxed out in the future.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Remember that it takes a bit over 300 4* EXP cards (with class compatibility, or the ALL cards) to completely and fully level up 1 5* Servants, and probably close to that for 1 4* Servants, and a little bit less for 3*s. Even though 40 is a lot and you can theoretically get an unlimited amount if you have no life and sacrifice all your apples and some quartz, you will still have to grind for them, and grind a lot.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it appears exp leveling is equal among all Servants, regardless of rarity? I didn't know that. Nevermind what I said, it's just a bit over 300 for all Servants to max their levels. Still a lot of grinding though.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 28, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Christmas comes before London because Nursery Rhyme and Jack are a part of London's plot but are also the new servants for the Christmas event. So they need to do Christmas before London.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

God I hate japanese pedo artists.
id blame whatever manager or whoever approved the design, not really the artist. the artist draws a thing based somewhat on the client's wants, then modifies it or changes it until the client approves of it. Jack's design was originally for a pretty freeform thing but it still would have had to been approved. its not like konoe onostugu owns type moon or anything.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Well, good thing I just finished leveling all the servants I wanted to level. Still need XP for Santa Alter, David and Robin, but the remaining days should be enough to do that. I also wanted to start grinding the dailies for skill gems, but I don't that's happening now.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Gologle posted:

Remember that it takes a bit over 300 4* EXP cards (with class compatibility, or the ALL cards) to completely and fully level up 1 5* Servants, and probably close to that for 1 4* Servants, and a little bit less for 3*s. Even though 40 is a lot and you can theoretically get an unlimited amount if you have no life and sacrifice all your apples and some quartz, you will still have to grind for them, and grind a lot.

EDIT: Wait a minute, it appears exp leveling is equal among all Servants, regardless of rarity? I didn't know that. Nevermind what I said, it's just a bit over 300 for all Servants to max their levels. Still a lot of grinding though.

The max level is different depending on rarity and rarity affects the grail'd level scaling, so that's not quite the case. A 4* only needs 265 cards to go from 1 to 80 and 378 to go from 1 to 90 whereas a 5* is just 377 from 1 to 90. A 1* from 1 to 90 would take 381, since grail'd levels get more expensive much faster.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
ugh if i'd have known about the christmas event i wouldn't have used the other 30 quartz i had left after the paid gacha on scat hatch attempt 10 roll :negative:

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Kitfox88 posted:

ugh if i'd have known about the christmas event i wouldn't have used the other 30 quartz i had left after the paid gacha on scat hatch attempt 10 roll :negative:

I’ve been hearing the term Hatcher a lot for the banners. Where does that term come from?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

cyxx posted:

I’ve been hearing the term Hatcher a lot for the banners. Where does that term come from?

No idea, I just find it amusing to refer to scathach as scat hatch because i am a manchild

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are the event CEs (besides Holy Sign Night) even really necessary to buy out most of the shop? Assuming you're rerunning the 50AP eternally, as I understand it you get more than enough currency. Being able to save some quartz on not having to roll would be nice and the only things I care about in that banner are those CEs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Here's an interview with an FGO whale if anyone is interested.

https://gamepress.gg/whales-anonymous-h-san-part-1

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Are the event CEs (besides Holy Sign Night) even really necessary to buy out most of the shop? Assuming you're rerunning the 50AP eternally, as I understand it you get more than enough currency. Being able to save some quartz on not having to roll would be nice and the only things I care about in that banner are those CEs.

I think my calculation was that if you ran the 50AP for 20 raffle boxes with no gatcha CEs - which is probably slightly more runs than you can feasibly do - that still wouldn't quite empty the shop. Mixing in the more efficient 10, 20 and 40APs should be enough to make up the difference, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt3Mc03m3j4

pv for the next singularity in jp.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

I think my calculation was that if you ran the 50AP for 20 raffle boxes with no gatcha CEs - which is probably slightly more runs than you can feasibly do - that still wouldn't quite empty the shop. Mixing in the more efficient 10, 20 and 40APs should be enough to make up the difference, though.
The only things in the shop that are "musts" for me are the Snake Eyes, Santa Alter's KFC, the Holy Night Sign CEs (assumed you'll want all four), and any Rider monuments I can spare as I'm surprisingly low compared to the other classes. I'd certainly take any additions to that but largely that's all I feel I have to check off my list. Reverse Dragon Scales for example I have enough for all of my servants at present.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Here's an interview with an FGO whale if anyone is interested.

https://gamepress.gg/whales-anonymous-h-san-part-1

I'm going to refer to these games as pay2waifu from now on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Decus posted:

This hasn't been discussed much that I've seen, but if you've been saving apples for this farm you won't be using them until the final few days after Santa Alter unlocks--you can't get her until near the end and it's better to save apples for her +4/+8 with support--so it'll be less about stuffing in bonuses at that point and more about how much real world time you want to invest, so quick clears trump any given +1 even for 40AP farming. You'll be using support Jack before then for your 40AP farms so Jing Ke isn't really needed unless you want to ascend/level her to have around more generally for whatever reason. Darius is just bad, in my opinion.

So, guess my general overview is don't worry about it too much? But David/Caesar are useful regardless of what servants you have and definitely worth investing into at least somewhat. Even if you have Okita, Caesar is a really good support for her since he has np damage up, atk up and target-able crit up, pretty much everything she could ever want. Oh yeah, Robin Hood is useful too so if you really want to focus resources into something I'd recommend those three.
Is it not possible to get a ticket to get your Santa Alter in the raffle prior to day 7?

I'm assuming this is some variant of the expected strategy either way:
-Spend the first 6 days grinding mats to get the Holy Night Sign CEs and KFC buckets. Maybe if time allows, go after some other things in the shop that you need.
-On day 7 when Santa Alter unlocks for sure (you get a ticket as a quest reward for that day), switch to raffle clearing time for the rest of the event
-Assuming you've gotten the winning items, reset the raffle every time you get the golden apple AND run out of AP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

I believe you can get the lottery tickets early but can't trade them in until Santa Alter unlocks from the story?

Also, I'm liking Caster of Okeanos' design. Really curious on who Salem girl will end up being with how much they're hiding details.