Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i legally changed my name from venom "dr doom" magneto to vernon "toot" magento because of this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Some say the switch flippers still out there, waiting for a day when the world needs him most.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhhhh where are the patch notes?????

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please change the thread title to Marvel Von Heroes: Escaping a shameful past.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Mayor McCheese posted:

Game is alive and doing very well, everyone is happy and loves it.

lmao how naive we were

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I played this game a bunch back in 2014-2015 and always lurked this thread but was too lazy to post. But congratulations on influencing the MH experience of a girl you never actually interacted with (well, I guess I did once thank Lozareth for his efforts with Torch builds and spent enough time in the mom subforum that SV is kinda familiar to me), I'll always appreciate having the best of the MH forums curated for me when I needed something ridiculous/amazing to read. I've been back lurking since the announcement and as much as it sucks for the devs, I'm low key happy that things are still Gaz af to the very end because it's just perfectly nostalgic.

Anyway, postmortem here because I don't want to bother remembering my password for the o forums -

I started playing for Nova and he was pretty consistently fun and good, if buggy at times. Torch and mom and luke cage and star dash lord were also very good. I never finished cosmicing Star Lord though.

I also really enjoyed tossing candy canes around midtown as Daredevil and stacking tons of glitched afterimages until my screen was just a massive overlay of flying peppermint, so all in all probably a win.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

noveria posted:

Anyway, postmortem here because I don't want to bother remembering my password for the o forums -
They're down and gone anyway. :rip:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Uhhhh where are the patch notes?????

MARVEL HEROES OMEGA PATCH NOTES: 11/27/2017

- Ended 'Open Beta', and removed access to the game for all beta testers.
- Removed pedophile CEO
- Added new playable hero Leowyld, The Racon Man. Only available after getting Rocket Raccoon to maximum Omega prestige.
- Added Comixfan as in-game raid boss. Can only defeat him via making costume threads for characters he hasn't thought of. Drops new artifact 'Handbook To The Marvel Universe: 2002', written in Australian, a language undecipherable as of yet.
- Source code now available for purchase from Marvel directly for a large but negotiable sum, please contact CosmicTonyStark69@marvel.com for more information on how to start your own game studio.

Cosmic Today!

:gaz:

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 28, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ahhh yes there we go. Well I see Mr Gaz didn’t give us an ETA for when to expect servers to be back up. Excited for the patch though!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So is this thread gonna languish for years in reminiscence and delusional hope of resurrection like the CoX thread or are we pas tthe Grief stage

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ahhh yes there we go. Well I see Mr Gaz didn’t give us an ETA for when to expect servers to be back up. Excited for the patch though!

ETA is Second Thursday.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

server will come back up in winter 2014, which is when we expect the thanos raid to arrive

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Does this mean the Marvel Heroes 2014 rebranding rumors are true?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can absolutely see this game coming back online in a few days. I never put anything past Mr Gaz.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Brevik's continual frustration with his wife was always funny.

The one time I watched one of his wife streams they were doing the onslaught raid and she died something like 10 times to the sentinels.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Ciaphas posted:

delusional hope of resurrection

Lol

Sometimes when you love something, you have to let it collapse under its own gross mismanagement.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Kheldarn posted:

ETA is Second Thursday.

i liked the stupid names we used for heroes but the everyday is Thursday joke was also one of my favorite things.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
where is Nathan Silver to save us in our hour of need

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe SV is also a mom.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fuk gaz

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ghostlight posted:

I can't believe SV is also a mom.

I have a lot of love to give

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

needs more bulge

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

:rip: R.Y.O.L.N.I.R.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Simpler times

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Saint Freak posted:

Some say the switch flippers still out there, waiting for a day when the world needs him most.

*the day after the world needs him most.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Relentless posted:

*the day after the world needs him most.

"For the love of God, launch the missiles, we only have a brief window to strike!"
*switch flipper hurriedly pushes buttons... on the coffee maker in the breakroom*

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I think this is the first goon gaming group I have been a part of where I lasted more than two weeks before leaving the group/guild.

That means most of you must be alright people and I never would have met you, if not for this terrible, f2p, colorful, now dead game.

Thanks Gaz.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

wait what

was... was the switch-flipper a lie this whole time?

Not at all. The switch for "start Monday Madness" is merely right next to the "shut down all the servers" switch. Which probably explains a lot, come to think of it.

Still, I think this thread can live forever if someone can figure out an alternative way to become cosmic.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

In honor of the role spreadsheets and math had in the development of Marvel Heroes, here's the SALR top 30 results for the seven MH threads.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I feel like we all need deal toys or something to commemorate this. Like a lucite block with gambit bulge in it or a thingcar.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Baby Proof posted:

In honor of the role spreadsheets and math had in the development of Marvel Heroes, here's the SALR top 30 results for the seven MH threads.

spreadsheets that will make your eyes bleed

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Baby Proof posted:

not even sorted by most total posts? disgraceful, i cant read this

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

not on it, can't read it

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Here you go, all the results in one easy to read chart:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Missing Cides, cannot take this seriously at all

Send the data to Nathan Silver.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

'As gamers,'

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-save-marvel-heroes

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Marvel Heroes got shut down before Lawbreakers and Battleborn.

I want to loving die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

What would saving Marvel Heroes look like?

Fishing a dead raccoon up from a sewer and mounting it as a trophy?