Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Well, kicked that motherfucker's arse with a team to back me up. I think it was glitching going solo (or deliberately impossible,) because every time, after the first time I knocked him down, his shields didn't regenerate -- he just became invulnerable and didn't take any more damage after that, meaning I couldn't bring him down again no matter how long I hammered away for.

Anyway, that didn't happen with four players, so he's loving dead. :colbert:

Onward and upward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Echophonic posted:

I figured it's because the game's inherently cooperative and you're not generally relying on your teammates to hold up their end of things. Attracts a different crowd than the sort that plays MOBAs or competitive FPS games.

Also, they can't accidentally friendly fire you or anything. There's very little a 'bad' player can do to really hurt or annoy the team.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Voice chat is vanishingly rare on PC. Like probably less than 1%. And half the time people using it are cool anyway.
It's usually just kids or someone who is fine but can't shut up.

Night10194 posted:

Also, they can't accidentally friendly fire you or anything. There's very little a 'bad' player can do to really hurt or annoy the team.
  • Pick Frost. You've successfully trolled your team.
  • Equip Rejuvination. You've successfully trolled your team.
  • Don't wear corrosive projection vs lvl 100+ grineer
  • Press 4 as nova with >70% power strength in most mission types
  • Come to sorties with no way to contribute at all including no operator abilities or any useful warframe buttons or weapons. Make sure to complain when the guy with 200 kills takes 5 seconds to answer a phone call when the combined kills of the other 3 players is 2 and the mobile defense then fails. 19/20 sortie players do this
  • You're stalker or zanuka, you're going to come at me when I'm running Lua spies in the opposite world and instant kill me despite spawning 2km away.
Oh, personal pet peeves aren't trolling? Oops.

You can actually troll most people by doing this:
  • Banish people who are hacking consoles. It kicks them out. Then hack the console yourself. It's real rude.
  • Pick Nova with range+natural talent for spy missions. People get real mad when you set off alarms instantly, die during the spy (to get invulnerability), then hack the console with a few seconds left. This can backfire with garbage tier hosts, I've literally hacked a spy terminal twice in a row and still had it fail.
  • Valkyr can scorpion hook teammates to "get over here"
  • Nova's Wormhole can send people ~160m away on command even if they are standing still (also works on drones/defection dudes/enemies)
I'm sure there are countless other ways to troll people in Warframe. I'm thinking of more while typing this but don't want to edit them in.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 27, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

*Be Sininininini and place Nova wormholes over everyone's head pointed straight up so I warp through the invisible ceiling and get stuck up there

:doom:

The chat interface in this game is absolute garbage. That's really likely.
I can't tell you how often I get in a goon group, wonder why everyone's so quiet, and then realize everyone else has been chatting for 10 minutes without me

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 27, 2017

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Khorne posted:

[*] Valkyr can scorpion hook teammates to "get over here"

When I first started playing someone was very upset when they discovered that they couldn't pull me (a Rhino) off the extraction point.

e: Also, playing Limbo in a public match is instantly griefing the moment you use a power.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Quirkk posted:

e: Also, playing Limbo in a public match is instantly griefing the moment you use a power.

This is true, yes.

gently caress Limbo.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Khorne posted:

It's usually just kids or someone who is fine but can't shut up.
  • Pick Frost. You've successfully trolled your team.
  • Equip Rejuvination. You've successfully trolled your team.
  • Don't wear corrosive projection vs lvl 100+ grineer
  • Press 4 as nova with >70% power strength in most mission types
  • Come to sorties with no way to contribute at all including no operator abilities or any useful warframe buttons or weapons. Make sure to complain when the guy with 200 kills takes 5 seconds to answer a phone call when the combined kills of the other 3 players is 2 and the mobile defense then fails. 19/20 sortie players do this
  • You're stalker or zanuka, you're going to come at me when I'm running Lua spies in the opposite world and instant kill me despite spawning 2km away.
Oh, personal pet peeves aren't trolling? Oops.

You can actually troll most people by doing this:
  • Banish people who are hacking consoles. It kicks them out. Then hack the console yourself. It's real rude.
  • Pick Nova with range+natural talent for spy missions. People get real mad when you set off alarms instantly, die during the spy (to get invulnerability), then hack the console with a few seconds left. This can backfire with garbage tier hosts, I've literally hacked a spy terminal twice in a row and still had it fail.
  • Valkyr can scorpion hook teammates to "get over here"
  • Nova's Wormhole can send people ~160m away on command even if they are standing still (also works on drones/defection dudes/enemies)
I'm sure there are countless other ways to troll people in Warframe. I'm thinking of more while typing this but don't want to edit them in.

wait what's wrong with frost?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I love Limbo in theory but his ability set is like aggressively user unfriendly and team unfriendly.

Quirkk posted:

When I first started playing someone was very upset when they discovered that they couldn't pull me (a Rhino) off the extraction point.

One time I spent an entire 25 minute Survival trying to hook Goons off ledges and failed dismally. I was very disappointed, it's hard!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

You can't shoot into his globes from the outside, as best I can tell. It's really annoying when Frosts lay like 8 globes that are all one globe radius apart because it makes a maze of interlocking walls that keep you from shooting anything until the drat globes go away (which is never going to happen on low level missions because the lump sum total DPS of every enemy on the map is roughly 37 and the globes have thirteen trillion HP each).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Menstrual Show posted:

You can't shoot into his globes which can be really annoying on excavation/mobile defense maps especially when the frost can't kill a drat thing himself. Bad frosts also don't take their globes down when they use them for random stuff. His globes are also real tedious if you are running explosive weapons that can kill you. Otherwise, frost is alright.

Rejuvination is fine too except when you are running Quick Thinking or the new mod like Quick Thinking. Then you just get perma staggered.

It's really a minor pet peeve list!

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Magres posted:

You can't shoot into his globes from the outside, as best I can tell. It's really annoying when Frosts lay like 8 globes that are all one globe radius apart because it makes a maze of interlocking walls that keep you from shooting anything until the drat globes go away.

ah right, but even still Frost is like one of the most useful frames in the game. when I think 'choose this to troll your team' the list consists of limbo and only limbo.

edit: I say this after playing frost in a defense yesterday while using Lenz and killing myself a half dozen times.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Globe Frost is the lamest Frost build. Go augmented Avalanche or Ice Wave, become credit to team.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeah, for general starchart stuff the avalanche augment is dope (iron skin for everyone) and for high level defensive missions a proper Ice Wave Impedance build is super top tier. Snow globes are very good on their own and don't need to be built around. Just remember you can stack their hp with repeated casts and you can blow them up with 1.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
why is the mod that regenerates your team mates health bad, this isnt a sarcastic question im still far too new to the game to understand

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

This is how I like to Frost.

quite stretched out posted:

why is the mod that regenerates your team mates health bad, this isnt a sarcastic question im still far too new to the game to understand

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Thinking
Quick Thinking let's you take damage from energy when you're hit with an attack that would kill you. It comes with a really annoying stagger though. If you regen health as you're taking damage with Quick Thinking on then you're going to be perma-staggered until you die. You can usually roll out of a Quick Thinking stagger, it changes from update to update though. DE keep changing their mind.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

AttackBacon posted:

you can blow them up with 1.

That has been my rule after I got told about it in a random defense. I get 1 snow globe as Frost, if I dont have a damned good reason the second is getting popped so it doesn't become a mess.

I am absurdly glad that I cannot swap places with players as Loki, there would have been a lot of accidental trolling.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
How do you pop globes with your 1? Like I've tried turning around and firing 1 at my globe and it didn't do anything.

Only thing I can think of is that I was outside the globe, do you have to hit it from the inside with 1 to pop it?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Echophonic posted:

I figured it's because the game's inherently cooperative and you're not generally relying on your teammates to hold up their end of things. Attracts a different crowd than the sort that plays MOBAs or competitive FPS games.

This is why I only play cooperative anything these days, even MOBAs.

Competitive is cancer.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

Yeah, for general starchart stuff the avalanche augment is dope (iron skin for everyone) and for high level defensive missions a proper Ice Wave Impedance build is super top tier. Snow globes are very good on their own and don't need to be built around. Just remember you can stack their hp with repeated casts and you can blow them up with 1.

How much does the ice carpet slow people down? Do you build for like... duration, range, and efficiency while neglecting power? Or does the slow scale with power. I know nothing about Frost other than boring globe builds so I'm really interested to learn a new way to play him because he's a cool frame and aesthetically I love him.

E: Oh I'm dumb and the wiki has a page specifically for ice wave impedance. I don't see a slow value, but it looks like the only thing about the augmented ability that scales with Ability Strength is the damage. So Duration+Range+Efficiency (something like Continuity, Streamline, Stretch, Narrow Minded, Over Extended, and Transient Efficiency, with two free mods for, say, Steel Fiber and Vitality?)

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 28, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

This is why I only play cooperative anything these days, even MOBAs.

Competitive is cancer.

I had a sweet conversation with someone playing Limbo he totally pointed out his play stats or something after I mentioned how great Octavia is (sweet 60% of damage!). Seriously gently caress Limbo I'm Octavia you aren't necessary and you make the game less fun go away.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 28, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Magres posted:

How do you pop globes with your 1? Like I've tried turning around and firing 1 at my globe and it didn't do anything.

Only thing I can think of is that I was outside the globe, do you have to hit it from the inside with 1 to pop it?

This. When I accidentally drop an inconvenient globe, I usually run around dropping them where they won't gently caress with people til I drop 4, then go back and put the deliberate one back

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

This. When I accidentally drop an inconvenient globe, I usually run around dropping them where they won't gently caress with people til I drop 4, then go back and put the deliberate one back

I'm gonna go science it real quick and fire 1s at a globe from a variety of angles and see, will report in shortly :science:

E: Huh, firing 1 at it from the outside popped it. The gently caress? I swear that hasn't worked before. Firing them from the inside of the globe, they pass through normally.

E2: Yeah I stacked 4 and then fired a 1 at the stack from outside and it popped them all. Good to know!

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 28, 2017

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

With globes it can be worth tweaking depending on what mission type you're doing and what faction you're fighting. You don't need a strong globe vs Infested since they aren't going to be shooting it so a large globe with the augment is good to deal with all the chargers running in. Against Grineer and Corpus you'll want higher strength and to stack your globes (you can stack your globe up to 4 times to increase its hp; no, I don't think the game ever tells you this). Especially against Corpus a smaller globe can be nice since it reduces the chances of a nullifier colliding with it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Defense missions are the most boring horseshit ever and thanks to Frost I can remove what little challenge there is as I tap my feet and check my watch till extraction.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Kokoro Wish posted:

Competitive is cancer.

Team competitive is, without a doubt.
A good old fighting game or 1v1 scenario gets rid of a lot of the toxicity. None of that "We need this character on our team, don't pick -----/My team sucks" to go around.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Magres posted:

I'm gonna go science it real quick and fire 1s at a globe from a variety of angles and see, will report in shortly :science:

E: Huh, firing 1 at it from the outside popped it. The gently caress? I swear that hasn't worked before. Firing them from the inside of the globe, they pass through normally.

E2: Yeah I stacked 4 and then fired a 1 at the stack from outside and it popped them all. Good to know!

if you are inside and you pop a new one the old one goes away (new sphere, i guess it absorbed the old one)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I logged back in and forgot that my orbiter is permanently full of christmas decorations which is a good omen.

Can i get back in the clan? I probably won't get burned out again for another month or so. IGN is Cicadalek

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Cicadalek posted:

I logged back in and forgot that my orbiter is permanently full of christmas decorations which is a good omen.

Can i get back in the clan? I probably won't get burned out again for another month or so. IGN is Cicadalek

The clan app is webpage is in the op, and it's a pretty fast turnaround time. I know this because I asked the exact question you just did last week after a close to a year break.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Voice chat is vanishingly rare on PC. Like probably less than 1%. And half the time people using it are cool anyway.

In 200ish hours played I had my first mic-enabled person last month. Scared the poo poo out of me, I didn't even realize the game had VOIP.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Frost Globes stack infinitely.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Frost bubbles own, but a Frost that lays unnecessary globes is as bad as a slowva on hydron.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I've been using my frost prime for any sortie that doesn't require me to sneak around or kill stuff fast.

Max armor, Max efficiency, medium strength and range and the Icy Avalanche augment. Using energizing dash I can regen energy faster than I can use my abilities, so I can stack an infinite number of bubbles and spam avalanche constantly until the mission ends. Enemies can't approach the objective and my allies are coated with a protective layer of ice.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Echophonic posted:

In my MOBA experience no one is relying on their teammates, but they are definitely prepared to blame them for anything.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't tell you how often I get in a goon group, wonder why everyone's so quiet, and then realize everyone else has been chatting for 10 minutes without me

I keep getting an error where I've been disconnected from chat, but it only tells me once I try to send a message.

Magres posted:

More Frost facts - you can apparently make your globes stronger by increasing the armour on your Frost, not sure if power strength also affects snowglobe. Also, too much radius on your build can make snowglobe a hinderance, since enemies can get in from further away. A max range build will make your globe so big that it reaches around the top floor in hydron (assuming the objective is on the lower level), and enemies can still shoot you from above.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 28, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Can anyone sell me the imprints needed to make a Sahasa and Chesa kubrows? I'm lazy and cheap as hell.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

For those curious (no one? Someone? Eh whatever) my steam time played is 192.1 hours and paid $10 (50% off, of course). Cost efficient but lowish quality. Battle Chef Brigade left me happier ;11.5 hours and I paid $20. I can see the appeal it's just I want something better.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 28, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

*Be Sininininini and place Nova wormholes over everyone's head pointed straight up so I warp through the invisible ceiling and get stuck up there

:doom:

I did it in one game and it was a chill lith level defense, didn't want to upset anyone. Sorry!

Sininu fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 28, 2017

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

gently caress off out of here already if you're personally insulted that the game gives you an excuse to continue playing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Some nice custom titles in here.

Why so much anger and hostility? Everyone in game is super chill and helpful.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Duck and Cover posted:

For those curious (no one? Someone? Eh whatever) my steam time played is 192.1 hours and paid $10 (50% off, of course). Cost efficient but lowish quality. Battle Chef Brigade left me happier ;11.5 hours and I paid $20. I can see the appeal it's just I want something better.

No one is curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Keep playing the chef game. No one will miss you.