Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ser Pounce! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

“Yeah, I don’t know. I suppose there’s a lot of staff around the kingdom to look after him. Hopefully he didn’t get caught up in the blast. That’d be a tragedy. I like to think he’d also move on with his life and get a girlfriend maybe,” Chapman told The Huffington Post.

Pounce, of course, is the hero cat who stole the moment in Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) and Chapman’s first scene together. Tommen’s pet made only one appearance on the show, and now we know the reason why.

The 18-year-old says he was nervous for his scene with Dormer, and the cat didn’t make things any easier.

“With the cat, it was my first time working with animals, and it was quite hard because you’re doing a scene with the other actress or actor, and at the same time there’s trainers off the set, behind the camera, like with a little toy putting food on the bed for it to stand in a certain position, and that cat that day would have none of it. He was just loving life. He just really wasn’t on his game that day,” Chapman explained. “Yeah, I think that was the reason why they didn’t have him back because it’s just hard work. Cats can’t understand English, so you tell a cat, ‘Come on. Jump on the bed,’ and he just looks at you like, ‘What are you talking about?’”

Dormer previously said in a Reddit AMA that Ser Pounce was a diva, causing speculation that that was reason the cat wasn’t back. We just hoped the rumors weren’t true. Apparently, she wasn’t kitten.

Chapman did add, however, that he loved the scene with Pounce. Perhaps the actor learned his lesson after comments about a love scene with Dormer were blown out of proportion in previous interviews. It’s not worth hurting Pounce’s feelings.

The loss of Pounce in the show is obviously cat-astrophic, but Chapman was only getting started, as he talked to HuffPost about the aftermath of the finale and the bloodshed ahead.

What was your reaction to Tommen’s scene?

As soon as I read it, I was sort of not really looking forward to it. This show has so many deaths every year, and at some point you know it’s going to come unless you’re really lucky. And as soon as I read it, I was kind of really nervous to film it, because I wanted it to be good. I wanted Tommen to go out in a good way. In a way, it’s an awful thing what he did. But instead of getting his skull crushed or, you know, dying in a sword fight, I think it was a great way visually. It looked great.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

syscall girl posted:

“Yeah, I don’t know. I suppose there’s a lot of staff around the kingdom to look after him. Hopefully he didn’t get caught up in the blast. That’d be a tragedy. I like to think he’d also move on with his life and get a girlfriend maybe,” Chapman told The Huffington Post.

Pounce, of course, is the hero cat who stole the moment in Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) and Chapman’s first scene together. Tommen’s pet made only one appearance on the show, and now we know the reason why.

The 18-year-old says he was nervous for his scene with Dormer, and the cat didn’t make things any easier.

“With the cat, it was my first time working with animals, and it was quite hard because you’re doing a scene with the other actress or actor, and at the same time there’s trainers off the set, behind the camera, like with a little toy putting food on the bed for it to stand in a certain position, and that cat that day would have none of it. He was just loving life. He just really wasn’t on his game that day,” Chapman explained. “Yeah, I think that was the reason why they didn’t have him back because it’s just hard work. Cats can’t understand English, so you tell a cat, ‘Come on. Jump on the bed,’ and he just looks at you like, ‘What are you talking about?’”

Dormer previously said in a Reddit AMA that Ser Pounce was a diva, causing speculation that that was reason the cat wasn’t back. We just hoped the rumors weren’t true. Apparently, she wasn’t kitten.

Chapman did add, however, that he loved the scene with Pounce. Perhaps the actor learned his lesson after comments about a love scene with Dormer were blown out of proportion in previous interviews. It’s not worth hurting Pounce’s feelings.

The loss of Pounce in the show is obviously cat-astrophic, but Chapman was only getting started, as he talked to HuffPost about the aftermath of the finale and the bloodshed ahead.

What was your reaction to Tommen’s scene?

As soon as I read it, I was sort of not really looking forward to it. This show has so many deaths every year, and at some point you know it’s going to come unless you’re really lucky. And as soon as I read it, I was kind of really nervous to film it, because I wanted it to be good. I wanted Tommen to go out in a good way. In a way, it’s an awful thing what he did. But instead of getting his skull crushed or, you know, dying in a sword fight, I think it was a great way visually. It looked great.

I barely watched an episode of the show, I knew him from the book.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I barely watched an episode of the show, I knew him from the book.

Me too!

Joffrey didn't like Ser Pounce either. Which proves he is a good cat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

syscall girl posted:

Me too!

Joffrey didn't like Ser Pounce either. Which proves he is a good cat.

:cabot:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Potato and Kotofey are super chill cats so they didn't mind the crowns at all. I tried on the other twobI had at the show and they were not having it so no fun pictures!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

Potato and Kotofey are super chill cats so they didn't mind the crowns at all. I tried on the other twobI had at the show and they were not having it so no fun pictures!

As befits royalty.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I get a haircut every 6 months and always instantly regret it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Scathach posted:

You're obviously a very good cat wrangler. I love these pictures so much.

Teagan, thanks! I was hella nervous about the hair, more than I am when I just buzz it. I did buy three beanies just in case I need to hide it and can't find one of the other fifteen or so we own.

Your short do is great.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thanks! Soon as it shags out a bit I'm doing the Anne Hathaway Interstellar look.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

Thanks! Soon as it shags out a bit I'm doing the Anne Hathaway Interstellar look.

rawr!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Like conceptually I can't even imagine a cat show.

Like a dog show involves walking the dogs around in an orderly fashion. Getting them to patiently sit and stand while being inspected. Maybe some sort of trick. There's no way you can do that with cats.

Like even the fact you managed to get your cats to wear a crown and sit in that mini iron throne long enough to take multiple photos is mind boggling to me.

I think you must be the cat whisperer.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kitchner posted:

Like conceptually I can't even imagine a cat show.

Like a dog show involves walking the dogs around in an orderly fashion. Getting them to patiently sit and stand while being inspected. Maybe some sort of trick. There's no way you can do that with cats.

I watched a documentary once about cat shows and the people who enter their cats in them, and one of them said something that stuck with me, which I'm paraphrasing:

"If you've got the sort of cat that runs out of the room when you turn on the vacuum cleaner, they don't have the right temperament for a cat show." And sure enough, that quote was voiced over some footage of this woman vacuuming her living room, surrounded by several cats in repose who clearly did not give a poo poo (all the more impressive considering that I assume the footage was being recorded by a crew of strangers).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

Ah, he just looked straight at you so I assumed. And eh that mobster roleplay thing... go ooon?

It’s called Accomplice: New York. It’s a PG-rated, family friendly interactive theatre experience in Manhattan. A mafia don recently broken out of prison wants to reward his accomplices with plane ticket out of town, but they’re in hiding all around downtown. You need to follow clues at each stop to find the next actor, traversing about 5 miles.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
That sounds hella fun.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

We were way too excited for like an inch of snow the other night. :) Full out parka time!

Teagan has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Nov 28, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Teagan posted:

We were way too excited for like an inch of snow the other night. :) Full out parka time!

Holy poo poo, speaking of game of thrones are you dating Sean Bean?

Do I have goon face blindness again? Jerry?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

syscall girl posted:

Holy poo poo, speaking of game of thrones are you dating Sean Bean?

Do I have goon face blindness again? Jerry?

I haven't seen GOT, but I have always fancied Boromir.. so... maybe?

We binged LOTR a while ago and he let me braid his hair.. I feel like I have posted it, but whatever...

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Teagan posted:

We binged LOTR a while ago and he let me braid his hair.. I feel like I have posted it, but whatever...

Lol.

The hair braid is a little more Legolas than Boromir

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

syscall girl posted:

Lol.

That's true, but I don't have to tell him that.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

syscall girl posted:

Lol.

I'm seeing more Faramir tbh, which I guess is kinda expected since he's the middleman between Legolas and Boromir.

Also holy poo poo I'm so envious of snow, we had snow once this year and it rained away two days later :~)

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

I watched a documentary once about cat shows and the people who enter their cats in them, and one of them said something that stuck with me, which I'm paraphrasing:

"If you've got the sort of cat that runs out of the room when you turn on the vacuum cleaner, they don't have the right temperament for a cat show." And sure enough, that quote was voiced over some footage of this woman vacuuming her living room, surrounded by several cats in repose who clearly did not give a poo poo (all the more impressive considering that I assume the footage was being recorded by a crew of strangers).

Pretty much, they have to be chill and either love the attention or at worst don't mind it. Fyodor hated shows:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Greggster posted:

I'm seeing more Faramir tbh, which I guess is kinda expected since he's the middleman between Legolas and Boromir.

Also holy poo poo I'm so envious of snow, we had snow once this year and it rained away two days later :~)

We had snow too and then all of a sudden it was 71F in mid-November.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Greggster posted:

Faramir... since he's the middleman between Legolas and Boromir.

poo poo this makes too much sense

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Teagan posted:

You look happy.

That makes me happy.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

You look happy.

That makes me happy.

Thanks! I am happy! :)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I sing because I'm happy...

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Goober Peas posted:

I sing because I'm happy...

:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What is an Ed Hardy shirt?

His son posts here and now I need to know.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Ed Hardy style!

edit: me!

I put on perfume so that I would match the other little old ladies at the clinic. I am not excited to be going!

Teagan has a new favorite as of 21:16 on Nov 28, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

Pretty much, they have to be chill and either love the attention or at worst don't mind it. Fyodor hated shows:

Aww, poor grumpy-poo. :kimchi:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

It didn't go well.

Post your cute stuff? Your feel good stuff? Your whiskey ( which I have run out of ).

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I would bring you whiskey and nog and all sorts of cheap beer if I lived in your vicinity. I'd also bring you dogs for a visit, because who can't be happy around dogs.

Here's some cute + a really old but also cute picture.The Stilly is flooding my street so we can't get back to the bus again.

E: gently caress it, I told him someone on SA was sad and needed a funny picture so he said I could post this from a few weeks ago.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Nov 29, 2017

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

awww thank you so much!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Teagan posted:

awww thank you so much!

Teagan I don’t know you well but you’re a good poster and you are/were sad so I’m breaking out the big guns

This is Melvin, our schnauzer/pug mix

And this is Tasha, she’s some sort of hound mix

And in case you’re into it, my grandma’s bird, Scooter. He’s a Hahn’s Macaw, who fell in love with my partner over Thanksgiving when we were visiting.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Thanks! Those are some great pups! And a magnificent bird. I am digging Melvin, he looks like he's got real spunk! :)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Teagan posted:

Thanks! Those are some great pups! And a magnificent bird. I am digging Melvin, he looks like he's got real spunk! :)

Melvin is like 13 years old and still spins in circles like a top when it's time for dinner, I dunno how he has so much energy.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

testtubebaby has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Feb 9, 2021

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Teagan posted:

:swoon:

Sweet As Sin posted:

So grumpy! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Teagan posted:

It didn't go well.

Post your cute stuff? Your feel good stuff? Your whiskey ( which I have run out of ).

How about my nephew looking suave on top of his "dicker" (digger)