Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Meanwhile on YouTube they are eating their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGL8paeCBxc

This is the weirdest poo poo I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

summary for those of us without youtube?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mr Interweb posted:

A cartoon bat and the worlds most pathetic nerd get into an arguement over a cartoon bulls antisemitism.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Pros: thinning the ranks may weed out the shittier YouTube intellectuals.

Cons: making it potentially more difficult to discredit because their message is more coherent and the messenger less terrible.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

When you believe that you cannot help but see detestable injustice being actively perpetrated against every human being you meet every moment of their lives. It is automatically radicalizing. Which is why I don't trust people who identify as leftist but lack that conviction. Something doesn't add up. All strands of the economic left I know of, recognize that fundamental truth, that the status quo is not just passively suboptimal, it is actively taking from people. It is not a thing to be improved when convenient, it is a crime to be stopped.

This is a really good way to put it. Like, regardless of the specific things they say, the specific nature of their reaction betrays how they really feel. It's not that liberals* can't understand real injustice - as I mentioned before, many react with appropriate urgency towards things like bigotry (though this is usually limited to younger liberals; older ones are also kind of poo poo on social issues) - but that they just obviously don't think issues of material inequality are as serious or important.

*One thing I should mention is that when I say "liberals" here I'm specifically referring to people aware of the whole leftist/liberal debate who choose to not identify as leftist. Many, and probably a majority of, liberals are just choosing what is obviously the better of the two most prominent and visible ideologies in the US. I can't really fault these people, because they generally don't know much about the left and aren't really making a conscious choice to reject it. They just see how bad Republicans are and make the reasonable choice to oppose them. Even if they do know about the radical left, it's usually a skewed and biased image, particularly among older generations. But on the SA forums, and D&D in particular, most liberals probably have enough familiarity with leftists/the radical left that rejecting it is an actual choice on their part.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
I watched part of some other video that cartoon bat man did criticising No Bullshit and the examples of him debating people (from about the 6 minute mark) are remarkably bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBnLUPyeFtU

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

this is far and away the worst stupid avatar any of these guys use holy poo poo

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

A cartoon bat and the worlds most pathetic nerd get into an arguement over a cartoon bulls antisemitism.

I see. Are any of these people involved (well, minus NB) actually good people in any way?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

noether posted:

this is far and away the worst stupid avatar any of these guys use holy poo poo

i dunno, it's pretty normal to use a, uh *squints* head of lettuce hastily spray painted black

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Mr Interweb posted:

I see. Are any of these people involved (well, minus NB) actually good people in any way?

nah

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
The bat is really poorly drawn

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I still think Mr. Dapperton is worse because he went through all that effort to look "cool" (like an outfit slapped together for a cosplay convention).

noether
May 1, 2017

Krotera posted:

whaddaya mean, "other tools?" the circle tool is the only one I need!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Krotera posted:

Straight from the local bat's mouth

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I still think Mr. Dapperton is worse because he went through all that effort to look "cool" (like an outfit slapped together for a cosplay convention).

Oh my god it took me this long to realise Dappterton is mean to be an anarcho-capitalist symbol as a mask

Like, as a design element, if it were just that, it'd be pretty okay, but then there's the random little red lines, and the blue suit, and the monocle and cane and gloves and hat (all worn while indoors, natch), and it's just so painfully someone's high school notebook doodle that I can't even begin to take him seriously

If I were in a discussion with him I'd just go full ad hominem and question every pathetically faux-masculine character design decision, I wouldn't be able to stop myself

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does he really complain about teachers and tests?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ancaps are sad parodies of human beings, so probably.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Yardbomb posted:

Ancaps are sad parodies of human beings, so probably.

Ancaps, at best, think that capitalism has reached enough forward momentum that they can rip the wheels, brakes, power steering, and unibody of the car they're riding in and just lash themselves to the now hurtling engine block and be just fine.

However, they fail to account for the fact that the car was speeding towards a cliff.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Mr Interweb posted:

Battening made a video about how No Bullshit said some problematic/antisemitic stuff, then someone else made a video defending No Bullshit, so Battening made a video to defend his initial video.

The stuff No Bullshit said that people are defending: "Hitler did nothing wrong", getting into a weird twitter slapfight with someone who lost family in the Holocaust, complaining about multiculturalism in movies. People are defending this by saying No Bullshit is a parody conservative account, or that he was just joking.

Also Battening takes the cake for the worst intro of any of these YouTube bloggers

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

Jesus this is so illegible. I want to see more layers, more white guys who talk almost the same each one with a progressively stupidshit ava... *looks around SA* oh no

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I assume the intro is part of how to become a parody :v:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I assume the intro is part of how to become a parody :v:

Brilliant.

Also apparently Destiny debated No Bullshit not too long ago, and recently put out this much shorter highlight video. It's amazing.

Here's the full video. It's a massacre. Destiny is defending the stance that incest is morally neutral, and No Bullshit is arguing that incest is wrong.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 28, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to watch that but I don't want to know what youtube's going to recommend me if I watch videos about incest.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I want to watch that but I don't want to know what youtube's going to recommend me if I watch videos about incest.

The soy boy diet apparently....

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Verisimilidude posted:

Destiny is defending the stance that incest is morally neutral,

Wat.

I thought it was morally inept?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Strongly correlated with immoral (abusive) behavior, at the very least.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Goon Danton posted:

I think this is the point No Bullshit is trying to arrive at. Destiny holds the stance that incest is ultimately bad, and he's defending the stance that "incest is morally neutral" for the sake of the debate.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
loving goons.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Wat.

I thought it was morally inept?

"No, morally inept was dogs, not cousins."

There.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it's quite possible to construct an argument either way, the funny bit is that youtube opinion man can't do that.

it shaun
Jun 6, 2017
The topic of that debate was irrelevant, really. The joke is that Destiny knows what a debate is & NB doesn't, so Destiny could just lead him around in circles & watch him say silly things.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Goon Danton posted:

Verisimilidude posted:

I think this is the point No Bullshit is trying to arrive at. Destiny holds the stance that incest is ultimately bad, and he's defending the stance that "incest is morally neutral" for the sake of the debate.

The way I heard it Destiny was saying that incest is morally neutral but that its the imbalance in power that often accompanies these relationships (parent and child for example) that is problematic. NBS's arguments were along the lines of "it's wrong because it wrong", its icky, and they will have freakish babies.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

The way I heard it Destiny was saying that incest is morally neutral but that its the imbalance in power that often accompanies these relationships (parent and child for example) that is problematic.

That's pretty much the best reading you can get of it really, it's the authority and age gaps that can be present in the relationships that make it a problem, not some "Ewww" factor. If two consenting adults who are related want to get together, sure it's odd but who cares, it's not hurting anyone and not really anyone else's business, even the "But the hypothetical children!" thing has shown to be a poor argument the more we've learned, because even if they did, it takes more than one instance of relatives screwing to give you Charles II.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Brilliant.

Also apparently Destiny debated No Bullshit not too long ago, and recently put out this much shorter highlight video. It's amazing.

Here's the full video. It's a massacre. Destiny is defending the stance that incest is morally neutral, and No Bullshit is arguing that incest is wrong.

I got almost four minutes into the highlight reel, and hit the "bluh bluh bluh bluh, I'm steven, I have stupid fans" bit. This is incredible. :allears:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
I really liked this Rational Disconnect video on No Bullshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RP6C-0DLLI

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
The bat isn't particularly well-animated either

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

It moves like it's chasing you in a laggy mmo.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Yardbomb posted:

"But the hypothetical children!" thing has shown to be a poor argument the more we've learned, because even if they did, it takes more than one instance of relatives screwing to give you Charles II.

Back when I believed morals and ethics were natural things that could be derived and discovered with almighty science, I used to be against incest on the basis of genetic defects... Until I learned the increased risk in cases other than parent/child inbreeding is comparable to a 35-40-year-old woman conceiving. Given I could never suggest a 35-40 year old women should be banned from conceiving, I couldn't justify banning incest even with my braindead objectivist epistemology.

Nowadays I just don't have a problem with any non-exploitative incestuous relationships because, well... Live and let live I guess?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's loving weird.

but it's not loving strange.

noether
May 1, 2017

Kamrat posted:

I really liked this Rational Disconnect video on No Bullshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RP6C-0DLLI

I'm always impressed by how NBS is able to express absolutely stupid thoughts with complete and utter certainty. it's like a superpower or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

noether posted:

I'm always impressed by how NBS is able to express absolutely stupid thoughts with complete and utter certainty. it's like a superpower or something

all white men have this power

• Locked thread