Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/PfhvESA.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:eyepop:

that payoff at the end really seals it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That could have been so much worse.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

When you know everyone hates your team but you gotta talk to the press anyway: https://twitter.com/ClarkWade34/status/935268379295932417

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I will find and marry this woman.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I will find and marry this woman.

I'm sorry but that was just a shapely pig

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

The Washington Post caught James O Keefe's lovely organization trying to leak fake news to the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.09351110c06f

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/935272597520076803

Can’t believe the organization who once left their entire diabolical plan over voicemail like in a bad movie hosed this up

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/935272597520076803

Can’t believe the organization who once left their entire diabolical plan over voicemail like in a bad movie hosed this up

I can't believe their bullshit worked to take down ACORN.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ravenfood posted:

I can't believe their bullshit worked to take down ACORN.

Yeah, it actually seems quite frightening what would happen if they were at all competent.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I think a big part of the reason it worked on ACORN is because no one knew who O'Keefe was at that time, so they had no reason to immediately dismiss him or suspect bullshit.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I like that there's probably fake news about Titus scrawled on the walls of Pompeii but people still act like it's a new development in human politics.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MausoleumExtremist posted:

I like that there's probably fake news about Titus scrawled on the walls of Pompeii but people still act like it's a new development in human politics.

"Ash is falling from the sky/we're all going to die/cuck I'm gay" - weedlordbonerhannibal

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It used to be called rumors

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is this how a Castrato is made?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Samizdata posted:

He was awesomely hilarious was Fire Marshal Burns.

Fire marshall Bill.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

that's a good way to gently caress up your sack

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elkyrie posted:

that's a good way to gently caress up your sack

You can't tell from that if he's even descended.

But you know he's not having any descendants.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Shifty Nipples posted:

Fire marshall Bill.

Okay, it's been a few years. I have a friend who can bust me up just by doing the laugh.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Samizdata posted:

Okay, it's been a few years. I have a friend who can bust me up just by doing the laugh.

I honestly thought you were getting the name wrong on purpose to get a rise out of somebody, because it was just close enough.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I honestly thought you were getting the name wrong on purpose to get a rise out of somebody, because it was just close enough.

No, and the character was on fire enough, you can see how I got the name confused.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Nov 28, 2017

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Behaving like a bunch of animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKwzTnVA8Vc

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

steinrokkan posted:

It used to be called rumors

The Romans just called it "history." Like 70% of the text of most Roman historical sources are just the writers accusing their enemies of weird sex poo poo. It's wonderful.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

When you know everyone hates your team but you gotta talk to the press anyway: https://twitter.com/ClarkWade34/status/935268379295932417

What's the context for this

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Bathroom graffiti,

Bathroom graffiti never changes.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

suuma posted:

He's the coach of a bad football team and is contractually obligated to talk to the press. This is one of the more interesting attempts at deflecting attention away from how bad the team is.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

suuma posted:

he's the coach of a really, really bad football team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Well, they're 3-8. There's a few teams closer to the bottom of the barrel technically.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Freak posted:

Well, they're 3-8. There's a few teams closer to the bottom of the barrel technically.

The Browns are a JV team that somehow ended up on the NFL standings, they don't count

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Azhais posted:

The Browns are a JV team that somehow ended up on the NFL standings, they don't count

We sent them to England this year!

They came back though :(

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

How did you get a video of my family's Thanksgiving?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
h/t graph

https://twitter.com/lemiorhan/status/935581020774117381

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Does it actually lock you out?

-e-
This doesn't seem to be a troll?!

Lurking Haro has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Nov 28, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lurking Haro posted:

-e-
This doesn't seem to be a troll?!

No.

On some systems, it does nothing.

On others, it actually authenticates as root.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lurking Haro posted:

It actually works, but locking you out isn't what it does. It lets you IN to the root account of any Mac running High Sierra that hasn't had a root password set manually. Since that's something probably 99.9% of Mac users don't do, it's an absolutely huge issue. This isn't a "security hole" so much as "a complete lack of security". Further in that thread people have found that it's not just relegated to that particular settings page either; you can straight up go to the login page of a Mac running High Sierra and just log in as root with no password.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Definitely not a troll, it worked on my system (fixed now). But it's such a massive hole and so patently easy to check that it's almost unimaginable that it could get through.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

it's such a massive hole and so patently easy

hey how is your mom by the way

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

*Enraged Honking Gurgling*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
way to go apple jesus

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sneakyfrog posted:

way to go apple jesus

As someone that formerly admined hundredds of macs, Apple has absolutely no interest in security

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Azhais posted:

As someone that formerly admined hundredds of macs, Apple has absolutely no interest in security

i admin pcs, i never have done any infrastructure work without macs behind at least a few layers of security just because i didnt know the product that well. but thats just... ugh :smithfrog: