Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oooh, I love this Paris Metro Idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

OperaMouse posted:

Add extra salt to the fries to boost drink sales. Lots of ice in the drinks to increase profit. Don't place food stalls too close to the rollercoaster, or people are vomiting everywhere. Guide everybody past the balloon stand.

Charge money for the bathroom

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Platystemon posted:

No banana.

3/17

Even Lego doesn't realize there's money in a banana stand

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

This is loving incredible in every way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad it's just a LDD render and they didn't bother to give it a proper base. It's just sitting on the staircase.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Latest Idea set got announced. A Tron Legacy Light Cycle. Doesn’t really do much for me, and the next set of reviews just looks outright bizarre.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/f93d358e-bd2e-4295-8ad9-d308db7e3b0b

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Only one there that is doable is the plane. Hope they just say F it, all these suck, do better next time people.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That light cycle is pretty cool looking though, and is exactly the same idea I had when those radar dishes in trans light blue became available. I just never actually did it. :v:

Probably would have preferred they chose the Jeep though, it looks like a neat build.

I wonder if it comes down to licensing, Lego already has a good relationship with Disney so maybe Tron was easier to secure than the other options.

There's no way that shuttle gets picked but I'd definitely buy it if they did.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Watch them do Peru instead of the space shuttle.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

They also mention that despite the surf rescue not being picked up, they've decided to work with the creators of it on one of Lego's ideas which sounds like a neat way to involve fan designers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

duz posted:

They also mention that despite the surf rescue not being picked up, they've decided to work with the creators of it on one of Lego's ideas which sounds like a neat way to involve fan designers.

Twisting the dagger into the heart of that guy that went into a tizzy over the ghostbusters garage. :v:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Space Shuttle Saturn V scale :v:

And the gantry for the Saturn V as well.

I don't think these have a chance. Even though I'd be very very tempted to get them both.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

uXs posted:

Space Shuttle Saturn V scale :v:

And the gantry for the Saturn V as well.

I don't think these have a chance. Even though I'd be very very tempted to get them both.

Probably not, they've done so many shuttles. Gantry is cool. I'd probably get a second sat v if they do release it and display them both ways.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Saturn V is about twice as tall as Shuttle stack so same scale is probably not much bigger than the existing large scale shuttle 10231.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

VaultAggie posted:

Latest Idea set got announced. A Tron Legacy Light Cycle. Doesn’t really do much for me, and the next set of reviews just looks outright bizarre.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/f93d358e-bd2e-4295-8ad9-d308db7e3b0b

Dang, I figured they would have gone for that quest builder one. The Jeep would have been cool too. As for the next one, I agree with others that there is really nothing in there. Another Space Shuttle when they've already done 4 or 5 over the years. That Saturn V launch tower will never get made. Not only is it much larger than the Saturn V and require more pieces, and cost more, it is only interesting if you already have the Saturn V. Hopefully they will just say "we can't do any of these, so we will look into our missed favorites from previous cycles."

I'm really glad they are working with the people who did the Surf Rescue. That's what I would want out of Lego Ideas. Find people who get Lego and get them to help with the themes. Like they should just hire that guy that keeps doing medieval buildings and just do a series of his things instead of him keep submitting his ideas that will never get chosen.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Dang, I figured they would have gone for that quest builder one. The Jeep would have been cool too. As for the next one, I agree with others that there is really nothing in there. Another Space Shuttle when they've already done 4 or 5 over the years. That Saturn V launch tower will never get made. Not only is it much larger than the Saturn V and require more pieces, and cost more, it is only interesting if you already have the Saturn V. Hopefully they will just say "we can't do any of these, so we will look into our missed favorites from previous cycles."

I'm really glad they are working with the people who did the Surf Rescue. That's what I would want out of Lego Ideas. Find people who get Lego and get them to help with the themes. Like they should just hire that guy that keeps doing medieval buildings and just do a series of his things instead of him keep submitting his ideas that will never get chosen.

I liked quest builder, it'd be fun for my D&D group. But I can also easily do it myself. That guy has also submitted a bunch of variations on it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wasn't there a site I could plug in a part and see what sets I could get it in? I am blanking on it.

I need, like, one more white 1x8 brick and I have placed (in stages) about 10 BL orders to modify my train. Now I just need one piece and I don't want to make a silly BL order for it...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bricklink will do that, search the part/color your want and in the upper right it'll show the number of sets it appeared in. Click that to get a list (though it may not filter based on color, can't remember).

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

Wasn't there a site I could plug in a part and see what sets I could get it in? I am blanking on it.

I need, like, one more white 1x8 brick and I have placed (in stages) about 10 BL orders to modify my train. Now I just need one piece and I don't want to make a silly BL order for it...

Bricklink does that on the parts page.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Rebrickable, Basebrick and Peeron also have that capability, but Peeron hasn't been updated in years.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Got a mailer from Lego saying bring this mailer in and spend $10 before Xmas to get a Gingerbread Man minifig. That's a really good deal. Especially since the CMF Gingerbread man sells for around $10 (it comes w/ a mug tho)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

smackfu posted:

Saturn V is about twice as tall as Shuttle stack so same scale is probably not much bigger than the existing large scale shuttle 10231.

Retired, tho. I don’t care because I have one, but I guess it’s a backdoor way to get a larger shuttle back in print.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

Hah, I was pretty accurate in my last predictions. I thought the Light Cycle and the Quest Builder were the most likely, and was doubtful Quest Builder would make it through. I figured No on the rest of them. Weird that they're still involving the Surf Rescue team in something, though.
For the upcoming one, I don't think any are likely to make it, unless the Research Aircraft reduces its part count by like 4000 pieces.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Light cycle seems neat but of the size and caliber of something you could part out on BL following a downloaded pdf.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Luke's Diner will get through, because I don't want to buy anything relating to Gilmore Girls ever and my wife will make me buy it and assemble it for her.

Mark my words.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pyroclastic posted:

Hah, I was pretty accurate in my last predictions. I thought the Light Cycle and the Quest Builder were the most likely, and was doubtful Quest Builder would make it through. I figured No on the rest of them. Weird that they're still involving the Surf Rescue team in something, though.
For the upcoming one, I don't think any are likely to make it, unless the Research Aircraft reduces its part count by like 4000 pieces.

I don't know about that plane. There's currently a bunch of planes in the lego shop. There's also currently a space shuttle. it's not super accurate, but it's a space shuttle none the less. Though there aren't any creator expert planes, so maybe there is room for an advanced plane. I would kind of like that plane though.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Downtown diner was leaked on Reddit. I think it looks amazing. Also the leak image has 60th anniversary minis in it too. Very cool.

Leaked as in the January calendar announcing it.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Scipiotik posted:

Downtown diner was leaked on Reddit. I think it looks amazing. Also the leak image has 60th anniversary minis in it too. Very cool.

Leaked as in the January calendar announcing it.

Mind posting a link?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/7g9hih/downtown_diner_revealed

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I guess I’m buying my first modular

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I guess I’m buying my first modular

Should get you the 60th minis too. Worth it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Welp, guess I will be buying the modular in january. Gotta get those 60th anniversary sets. Joker Manor in Dec. Modular in January. 1 set a month isn't too bad. Right? Right?!?!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

I wasn't expecting it to get produced, but I really liked the Sega arcade.

Won't lie I'll be buying the Tron Light cycle.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

TheMadMilkman posted:

Luke's Diner will get through, because I don't want to buy anything relating to Gilmore Girls ever and my wife will make me buy it and assemble it for her.

Mark my words.

I hope they took a bath on the Big Bang Theory set that made them wary of any more TV sitcom sets.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Oh holy poo poo that 60 year thing. I've still got my barracuda and my yellow castle. Can't buy that fast enough.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress the yellow castle, there's another galaxy explorer for me to snag.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
https://imgur.com/gallery/CuF0C

Any idea what this cube is that I found in a recently purchased lot?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's from some board game they put out a ways back.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Kjermzs posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/CuF0C

Any idea what this cube is that I found in a recently purchased lot?

Most of the Lego Games released between 2009-2013 (that long ago? Goddamn) used those die bases, with varying plates to make up the faces.

veni veni veni posted:

I wasn't expecting it to get produced, but I really liked the Sega arcade.

Won't lie I'll be buying the Tron Light cycle.

I definitely would have liked the arcade. They've done a few arcade cabs before--there were a couple in the Kwik-e-Mart, and they did that arcade machine for Lego Dimensions.

Light Cycle's a no-brainer, and if it stays sized as it is, it'll probably be $30 if it comes with light bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

xzzy posted:

That's from some board game they put out a ways back.

Nice, thanks.