Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Raiders are 5-6 with two division games left and three NFCE games. If they win both division games and two of three of the NFCE games, they win the division at 9-7. I think Week 17 vs Chargers is going to be a win and in, lose and go home situation for both teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I think the chargers will win the division.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ironically if the Chargers are going to lose a game down the stretch, the best game to lose would be Cleveland. Every other game is a divisional game or a game that would affect the next tiebreak, record vs common opponents

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The rematch with the Chiefs is the game that concerns me the most. Reid's owned the Chargers for the last three years and Rivers has his worst games against them in that same time frame for whatever reason. Arrowhead is really loving hard to play in. But on the other hand, they're really floundering right now and the Chargers' D made it real hard for them even in the first match up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Arrowhead is easy when the crowd doesn't show up!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LiquidFriend posted:

I can sit through 5 more weeks of dink and dunk to make sure Alex Smith is gone forever.

I want zero doubt.

I would kill for some dink and dunk right now

I don't know what to call the post-bye offense. I think it 3 and outed 7 straight times in the first half of the Bills game?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They usually don't give offenses who put up 7 passing yards in a half nicknames.

But they should. Like The Run and Gun Your Girlfriend, Then Yourself.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

kiimo posted:

They usually don't give offenses who put up 7 passing yards in a half nicknames.

:wow:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I would kill for some dink and dunk right now

I don't know what to call the post-bye offense. I think it 3 and outed 7 straight times in the first half of the Bills game?
He's his usual dink and dunk self. We've seen this kind of poo poo performance from him over his entire stay.

This is nothing new and partly why I never understood why people were dying to white knight him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

This is nothing new and partly why I never understood why people were dying to white knight him.

He was legitimately good for five weeks? Like there's no real arguing that.

He regressed to his mean real loving hard though.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

kiimo posted:

:golfclap:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Welp it's not like it matters anyway but Talib and Crabtree are both suspended for 2 weeks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Croatoan posted:

Welp it's not like it matters anyway but Talib and Crabtree are both suspended for 2 weeks.

It matters for one team

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

It matters for one team

Yeah the Chargers caught a big break there

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Denver's remaining schedule:

at MIA
NYJ
at IND
at WAS
KC

At best I can see them finishing 6-10, with losses to Washington and the Chiefs. Although 7-9 isn't out of the realm of possibility if Kansas City continues to implode.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

a neat cape posted:

It matters for one team

Huh, you're right. They play the Chiefs on 12/10.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah the Chargers caught a big break there

Crabtree not being there is a major blow for the Raiders if he misses the KC game

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Giants.

Nothing matters.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Crabtree not being there is a major blow for the Raiders if he misses the KC game

I meant that as in the Raiders are hosed without him and the Chiefs are going to implode regardless. Easy division title for the Chargers

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
AFC championship game at StubHub, broncos finish last, raiders and chiefs fight for 3rd? I'm cool with that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Personally I'm looking forward to another one of Elway's prime QB draft choices

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

AFC championship game at StubHub, broncos finish last, raiders and chiefs fight for 3rd? I'm cool with that.

Please

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I don't know much about the middle of their D, but the Chargers right now are very very close to enjoying that insane combo of best duo of edge rushers in the league AND the best duo of corners in the league that Denver had going for itself over the past few years. I loving hate it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If only Jason Verrett wasn't broken

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
At this point I just don't want the Raiders to win so :suicide:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Would be rad to see the building filled with Ravens fans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I don't know much about the middle of their D, but the Chargers right now are very very close to enjoying that insane combo of best duo of edge rushers in the league AND the best duo of corners in the league that Denver had going for itself over the past few years. I loving hate it

Middle of the defense is the weak spot for sure. Denzel Perryman is finally back from injury and he's the best linebacker we have. Really good run stopper. Other than that it's Korey Toomer, Chris McCain, and Jatavis Brown, who are all decent against the pass and really bad against the run

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm bored at work and want to post about a few bright spots for the Chiefs, mainly about going into next season with Mahomes. The Chiefs still have a good shot at the playoffs this year but lets all be real, if they make it they will be a free bye week for some team like the Titans.

1. Reggie Ragland. He looked a bit slow and rusty in the first few games, but has been playing pretty well recently. He is currently by far our best ILB, and gives us a decent starter for next year. DJ is certainly going to retire this offseason so that's good. I'm really happy we made this trade, especially since reliable run stuffers are so rare on the KC roster.

2. Demarcus Robinson. He hasn't had any production at all recently but that's entirely on Alex Smith. I've watched waaay too much all-22 of the Chiefs offense lately and one clear thing is that Robinson is really good at getting open, both via his route running and just by knowing how to sit down in a zone. I'm excited to see him with competent QB play. He's also shown really good blocking skills.

3. The Chiefs WRs for next season. I really think this may be the best WR group we have had since I've been alive, although I don't know poo poo about the late 80s Chiefs. That's also not saying much because Dwayne Bowe is our best franchise receiver lol. But anyways, it looks to be a real promising young group of Hill/Conley/Robinson and then Wilson or Chesson. I've been a fan of Conley for a few years now, he has bad production stats for the same reason as Demarcus--Alex can't find open receivers to save his life. When Alex was having his out-of-body experience in weeks 1-3 Conley was doing some good stuff. Tyreek Hill will make magic with Mahomes.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I never have really cared much for Conley, after his strong run blocking.

Robinson and Tyreek Hill will be a good combo and I think they can be set a WR for years if they spent some money to land Jarvis Landry.

Ragland is looking better if he can shake off the wear and tear. A future QB and starting ILB for just a couple of choices? Thanks Buffalo-mart!

The biggest things I see will be filling esge-rushing and LG, since it seems Ehringer has super aids and can't play again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Phillip wins the division he'll call that his crowning achievement and retire.

edit: I didn't go into the other threads but lol at 2-time Superbowl QB Eli Manning getting benched for "Severely Misguided Chiefs Fan Savior QB Draft Pick" Geno Smith.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 28, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

LiquidFriend posted:

I never have really cared much for Conley, after his strong run blocking.

Yeah I have gotten the feeling I'm the only Chiefs fan who likes Conley. You'll all see...

quote:

The biggest things I see will be filling esge-rushing and LG, since it seems Ehringer has super aids and can't play again.

As far as edge rush, or LOLB, yeah that's a problem. Dee Ford is a one-note pass rusher who has never developed any counters to his (admittedly) pretty fast first step. He's also the worst run defender on the entire team and I get the feeling any D3 college lineman could probably block him into the stands if they were asked. Tanoh Kpass had a couple of QB pressures in a handful of snaps in the Bills game and is the only real other option on the roster besides Dadi Nicolas who is a complete unknown.

We need to draft several OL. The Chiefs OL are the softest group of linemen I have seen. At least the Seattle OL do funny things like fall backward on their asses or lunge forward into thin air, the Chiefs OL just get steadily pushed back every single play.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I cannot emphasize enough how relieved and amazed I am that the Chiefs somehow finagled a starting ILB for a fourth round pick.

Like, I was hoping to trade Alex Smith to get our first round pick back and use it on DJ's replacement and it looks like we don't even need to.

I mean, use it on a corner, DL or OL now.

Demarcus Robinson put up 140 yards and a TD with Mahomes throwing to him, never forget.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I don't think corner is a need, despite how badly the RCB spot has burned KC this year. Terrance Mitchell is one of those guys like Conley that I just feel is gonna get better, Marcus Peters is playing really well, and Steven Nelson is a good slot CB. They don't have any depth behind those 3 but I think that's true for most NFL teams. (I'm pretending that Revis isn't on the team next year)

DL is definitely a need, forgot about that. KC is so drat soft on both sides of the LOS, it sucks and is the 2nd biggest reason they have fallen apart besides Alex Smith

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I've been pretty consistent with my dislike of Conley from nearly the start. I see Robinson just flat out getting open with talent and Conley mostly lucked into it because he gets lost by Defenders. Both are typically ignored by Alex.

I think Tanoh is an ideal Elephant rusher, but I'd like to see another pure edge guy. This is a role they might be able to fill in FA.

Mitchell doesn't have ideal ball skills to be a starting CB and they need to draft a new starter.

I'd stack needs on D at:
DL (I dislike Bailey and Logan)
CB (Need an actual 2....maybe Revis is better again?)
OLB At least one more edge rusher
ILB if they can't keep KPL

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 28, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Revis is somehow good again and we've managed to pick him up for a couple years of decent play I'm sending a fruit basket to Veach's house with "GM of the Year" on the card.

(edit: Yes, Ross, I'm ignoring Cameron Erving)

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 28, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Middle of the defense is the weak spot for sure. Denzel Perryman is finally back from injury and he's the best linebacker we have. Really good run stopper. Other than that it's Korey Toomer, Chris McCain, and Jatavis Brown, who are all decent against the pass and really bad against the run

They've been playing a lot of nickle & dime against two pretty good running teams the last couple weeks, so that's been a part of it. Regardless of how the season plays out, the Chargers do really need to get a DT in the draft - they have some good rotational pieces (Philon's come on this year as the guy who does a lot of the dirty work at 3-tech) but Mebane is older and they might move on from Liuget this offseason. A stud DT in the first two rounds, with Bosa/Ingram next to him would be absolutely huge for this defense as is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I really really like Damion Square

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

If Revis is somehow good again and we've managed to pick him up for a couple years of decent play I'm sending a fruit basket to Veach's house with "GM of the Year" on the card.

(edit: Yes, Ross, I'm ignoring Cameron Erving)

Who the hell is Cameron Erving

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/billbradleyLV/status/935959885425995776

Crabtree will play in the KC game. Thank you, Derrick Brooks.

Both he and probably Coop miss the Giants game but

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/935902506399535105

Raiders catch another break, if they can exploit it with Roberts, Patterson and Holton. Expect a big day from Jared Cook, Giants are 32nd v. TE coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Man why can’t we play against Nathan Peterman or Geno Smith or Alfred Morris or whoever Crabtree’s backup is

• Locked thread