Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Wow what a fuckin' coincidence.

e: explorer catte looking for fertile land to stake his claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Toops posted:

What happens when I go to drive my land claim into ground but clip through it? Do I now have to live underground?

Lmao

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toops posted:

What happens when I go to drive my land claim into ground but clip through it? Do I now have to live underground?

no, the cave claim beacon costs extra

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not pay to win. Ignore the land rush as the official release comes out and the people that stock up on these beacons and ships with longer jumps or whatever to get to the choice spots first

That's not P2W. Land beacons can be earned in game, just after several weeks of loading boxes and scrubbing toilets in other players' ships.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Land claim beacon promo image now not found.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/f1yvpwz7k34t1r/source/Land_Claim_Beacon_Estate.jpg

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Daztek posted:

no, the cave claim beacon costs extra

THe cave claim gives you mineral rights only
The beacon balloon gives you airspace.

or you can buy a surprise pack of three random beacons.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

jfc, this is some slow wreck comedy show with all the shenanigans.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

/u/BoredDellTechnician (/r/ds mod) gets it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Golli posted:

THe cave claim gives you mineral rights only
The beacon balloon gives you airspace.

or you can buy a surprise pack of three random beacons.

A lootbox with beacons

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Dusty Lens posted:

Is it time. Is it happening.

The ELE? Whew - I was getting nervous that it would never happen.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Toops posted:

Wow what a fuckin' coincidence.

Totally! Also completely coincidental that there are users in there who have only ever posted in threads related to the land sale.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Comp_uter15777

Not the least bit suspicious

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
How many more weeks until Croberts start selling his own blood to keep this afloat? Maybe cross promotion with Richard Garriott for mixed blood vials?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Totally! Also completely coincidental that there are users in there who have only ever posted in threads related to the land sale.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Comp_uter15777

Not the least bit suspicious

:thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Toops posted:

I just can't loving believe it. The mass, pressure, and ratio of ARGON. Cross-sectional area. How about you guys mock up mining, throw out of few asteroids, and try building a game? How about you guys, oh I don't know, add some code so that two people can shoot at each other in a space ship? Let's see what should our devs work on next? How about ANY aspect of persistence? Jesus loving christ, it's so transparent how stupid Chris Roberts, and his whole leadership team is. There is a 0% chance that they finish this "game." It's already way, way past the point of "irreducible number of errors" because it's needlessly complex in areas that do NOTHING, and completely void in areas that constitute "game" and "play."

How can anyone be involved in this? How can the leaders be this incompetent and lie so effortlessly in order to make money? How can these streamer shills perpetuate CIG's fraudulent marketing? How can any CIG developer or artist face their conscience? But most of all, how can these backers...

I mean that's too loving much. I'm full up. Peak Citizen. loving mass, loving pressure, and loving ratio of loving ARGON, PER ROOM. Oh my god, that is literally the dumbest premature gold-plated feature ejaculation I've ever seen. It's like.. I don't even know what it's like, I can't even make a joke.

I saw this post and knew that you argon to make me laugh. Nice meltdown.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

How do you feel about land sales, Toastman

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

Code chat: Would heroin help my coding? In general, I know you haven't seen any of my stuff.

Look more closely at the grassy knoll. Yes, cheeto stains...

Serious answer is no. Opiates will not help your coding.

However the new rage is micro dosing LSD. Which allegedly helps you code better.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

ManofManyAliases posted:

MoMA, it's going to be sad day in the thread when CIG nosedives into the dirt like a Connie landing on Daymar and finding that you argon.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/RO1gAGF.gifv

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

As long as you're sleuthing here's some others
Guy who is shilling the clothing sales: https://www.reddit.com/user/Abnormal_Sloth

Guy whose whole account appears to exist just to post beauty shots of SC: https://www.reddit.com/user/Jolly_Paddles

Guy who is definitely not a paid promotional account that used to be focused on drones but switched to SC 3 weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/user/Raincast/submitted/

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

How much land do we need to buy for Ben to keep his job.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Abuminable posted:

MoMA, it's going to be sad day in the thread when CIG nosedives into the dirt like a Connie landing on Daymar and finding that you argon.

At least I'd have already claimed that dirt for my own.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Lladre posted:

However the new rage is micro dosing LSD. Which allegedly helps you code better.
This is all fine and dandy until you gently caress up your dose and go on an impromptu space adventure in the middle of a meeting.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

How much land do we need to buy for Ben to keep his job.

Now there's a drat challenge.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

ManofManyAliases posted:

At least I'd have already claimed that dirt for my own.

Yep, dirt that would vanish as soon as Amazon deletes the last of CIG's files from their "blade servers."

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol glad you liked it. so how many km^2 are you gonna throw down good belt money for?

Toops fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 28, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

:kimchi: So cute

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Abuminable posted:

Yep, dirt that would vanish as soon as Amazon deletes the last of CIG's files from their "blade servers."

lol he thinks AWS is a rack of dells with hot-swappable SCSI drives. I mean, that MOMA guy, he's a real rear end-clown.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I am going to predict that they will introduce "Bit coin mining while you quantum travel!"
Pay for your constellation in one lucky trip as you fly through quantum travel mining bit coins as you go.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Ok guys now I'm conflicted. When has real estate not been a good investment? So what if they're JPEGs and don't work in game yet.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Clue's in the name.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Virtual Captain posted:

Ok guys now I'm conflicted. When has real estate not been a good investment? So what if they're JPEGs and don't work in game yet.

When the real estate doesn't actually exist it is a bad investment, hth

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Land plots in the mirrored stripe at a discount.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

If plots of land can't be reclaimed for store credit I'm going to arrive.

I can't wait for streamers to give away plots instead of CIG ships.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Yeah, but what citizens see is :

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 28, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Good god, will someone live next to me?

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Hav posted:

Code chat: Would heroin help my coding? In general, I know you haven't seen any of my stuff.

It might help those having to maintain your code? For anyone making programming a career, you really should know that having to maintain/fix/extend other people's awful code is very common and very soul-crushing. That's why companies sometimes highlight "greenfield" (ie not maintenance) work as a pro when hiring.

When developing a game the cycle is generally short enough to keep the majority of programmers onboard from start till finish. If you have to bring in too much fresh blood they'll run into trouble working with the codebase (game code tends to be more messy than other software). That's yet another reason Star Citizen is doomed. Not only are they working from multiple physical locations, outsourcing development, having massive feature creep, amorphous requirements, etc. but they've by now had lots of programmers leave and join. It takes some seriously expensive talent (which I highly doubt they're willing/able to afford) to salvage another person's broken code, and with backers watching and playing they can't scrap entire subsystems and start over. The more stuff they add, they more stuff is going to break. Even if they got a cash injection of 500 million dollars, it wouldn't matter. They need to start over.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Ew. Imagery I did not need! :stare:

Never forgetti Citizen spaghetti.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

AP posted:

532 left, hurry, hurry, hurry.

I was clicking the buy now button so hard.... but this seems to be just a jpeg.

How meta.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

As long as you're sleuthing here's some others
Guy who is shilling the clothing sales: https://www.reddit.com/user/Abnormal_Sloth

Guy whose whole account appears to exist just to post beauty shots of SC: https://www.reddit.com/user/Jolly_Paddles

Guy who is definitely not a paid promotional account that used to be focused on drones but switched to SC 3 weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/user/Raincast/submitted/

Looks like it's shills all the way down. The last guy might just be trying to shill for his own youtube page though, it's hard to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard