Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

derek reversing his stance on land claims faster than the majority of backers itt

Well yeah. He wil never allow the citizens to beat him — at anything — ever, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Well, I was right again. On Nov 22nd, I wrote that CIG had a plan to start selling land.

I even used Something Jones transcripts in that post.

So today they have started selling land. In a broken tech demo which has very little gameplay mechanics and NO gameplay loop.

As I said back then, I suspected they were going to do this, which is why they prioritized barren moons, then prematurely released 3.0 to PTU. I just didn't think they would be brazen enough to do it at this point in time. It's unbelievable.

Some people were saying they would actually do it today, but I was still skeptical as it would be completely insane. Just like when they released 3.0 to PTU.

This is all desperation.

Did you like forget this is a forum where people can press that ? below your av?

D_Smart posted:

No. It's bullshit. Don't listen to him.

god drat lol, you are loving retarded.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I wonder if there'll be another Chris Roberts damage control post like https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/232661

That worked out pretty well in the long run.

Good mod work on that post btw MOMA.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

hot balls man no homo posted:

This reminds me the the good old days of Second Life Safari, when people would buy up plots to put down whatever dumb roleplay building they wanted... And goons would build a goatse right next to it. And then charge through spawning flying dicks until the servers crashed.

I recall the flying dicks during the keynote. There was also the enterprising individual that tried to have sex with everyone on the Gorean island as a jetplane.

Wuxi posted:

The greatest thing this thread has taught me is how to spell guarantee btw

For me it's schadenfreude.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Chris Roberts: We had to sell land to help some key developers with several debt heavy problems due to medical issues. And one of them had a sick puppy. A sick puppy! You want us to have to let this poor, sick puppy die because we didn't bring in enough cash during the Anniversary sale?! What kind of monsters are you?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"I'll just post that I was right all along, that will work."

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

tbf this thread is all about :justpost:ing

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sabreseven posted:

I mean, at the moment, you can just take someones $1k chariot by standing on a turret and pressing 'use' to clip in, or you can just clip through the geometry to get in, you can steal vending machines from the space station, you can push shop keepers through walls, you can glitch in every perceivable way, and they are brazen enough to start charging money for patches of dirt that you can fall through?
At the moment, you can also not see someone else's chariot even if it is there for the other person.

At the moment, you can take 5 steps after you wake up in your wank pod and die from the door.

At the moment, you can hyper jump using your naked commando's nipple jets.

This land sale is glorious and exactly what Star Citizen needs right now.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is really good, you guys

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheAgent posted:

Chris Roberts: We had to sell land to help some key developers with several debt heavy problems due to medical issues. And one of them had a sick puppy. A sick puppy! You want us to have to let this poor, sick puppy die because we didn't bring in enough cash during the Anniversary sale?! What kind of monsters are you?

The holiday livestream becomes a sandy kitten crush stream if they don't sell ten million jpgs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Moma don't buy the small plot, it's better value for money getting the larger one.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I am vindicated

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The only problem with today owning so hard is that it is only Tuesday.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I am vindicated

Sort of. The gimmick still needs work.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
derek also gonna post a huge thing about how he was right and he was specifically calling bullshit on one claim because he knew, all along, because of his sources, what exactly was happening and its not selling land plots exactly but he couldn't come forward with that information because it was privileged

just post :lol: derek and move on man

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"It's not selling land it's a claim beacon" is like going up to a Court and using the argument "The prosecution says I killed him with a gun, but I actually killed him with a bullet! Not guilty!"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"Your honor, when you think about it, the gun should be on trial and not me!"

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

D_Smart posted:

Well, I was right again. On Nov 22nd, I wrote that CIG had a plan to start selling land.

I even used Something Jones transcripts in that post.

So today they have started selling land. In a broken tech demo which has very little gameplay mechanics and NO gameplay loop.

As I said back then, I suspected they were going to do this, which is why they prioritized barren moons, then prematurely released 3.0 to PTU. I just didn't think they would be brazen enough to do it at this point in time. It's unbelievable.

Some people were saying they would actually do it today, but I was still skeptical as it would be completely insane. Just like when they released 3.0 to PTU.

This is all desperation.

lol

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dusty Lens posted:

We're now at 1:43 in The Hall of the Mountain King.
LMAO.

The only problem with today owning so hard is that it is only Tuesday.

Yeah, it feels like at least a Friday.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm drunk like its friday

I haven't even showered

this has been the best day

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Land of the Rising Sum

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

At the moment, you can also not see someone else's chariot even if it is there for the other person.

At the moment, you can take 5 steps after you wake up in your wank pod and die from the door.

At the moment, you can hyper jump using your naked commando's nipple jets.

This land sale is glorious and exactly what Star Citizen needs right now.

That's just all kinds of awesome, on every level all those things are just brilliant. :D

I really hope this never ends, I can't imagine a world without CIG's constant massive screw ups. :D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PC Gamer loves star citizen, I wonder how they are going to spin this.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Star Citizen: The Inevitable Consequence of Squatting

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
So its basically gonna be like a minecraft server where you weren't able to get the admin to protect your land lol but 60 dollars.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They've effectively made the long dead "pvp/pve slider" a 'paid for' component.

*Thinking out aloud*

CIG has succeeded in grooming it's own supporters/backers/investors to the point where they will pay how ever much for whatever thing CIG sells.

SCdophiles, CIGdophiles, or some such. Con artists.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 29, 2017

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hey sorry man I can't play with you we own the same plot of land so we can't load into the same instance.

PC Gamer loves star citizen, I wonder how they are going to spin this.

It's like a rock tumbler that runs on cash and polishes poo poo.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Here I was thinking this sale would hit $300k-$400k given the first hour, but...

:smith:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Hot Plots! Part Duh

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Let's rub. I'm in UEE protected territory so any criminal record is your own fault.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Derek did clarify that he was talking about next week specifically btw.

D_Smart posted:

We already knew that, you pea-brained neanderthal. It's well documented. But there is no evidence that it's going to happen next week, like you suggested.

Which was kind of dumb because there already was a bunch of circumstantial evidence that it was going to happen.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Land on the Run

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Which was kind of dumb because there already was a bunch of circumstantial evidence that it was going to happen.

which is why its funny, nobody would be giving him grief about having already called it in the July blog if it occurred a few months down the line, but having Mr. Secret Sources assert land sales definitely weren't happening now, having them happen 2 days later, and then crowing that he was right all along is loving hilarious

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
can i use my grabby hands to rip up whales' 100 dollar selfie sticks and drop kick them into orbit

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

The instant they sold the base building jpeg it was 100% guaranteed land selling action, calling that was like calling the sun rising in the east.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Dusty Lens posted:

We're now at 1:43 in The Hall of the Mountain King.

:getin:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Enchanted Hat posted:

Anyone who thinks that this is going to sink them or that they're going to walk back the land claims is kidding himself. This is loving Star Citizen, the backers are going to swallow this like they've swallowed everything else that CIG has forced down their gullets.

Pretty much this. Most of CIG's remaining customers are rats trapped in a sealed metal box: they can't possibly chew their way out, and they won't even bother to try. A month from now, they'll have forgiven CIG and forgotten whatever hurt feelings they have today.

I don't know if CIG's customers want to see real gameplay from Star Citizen at this point, they're so wrapped up in imagining this Perfect Game that they'll never have to play.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Does the land stick thing come with insurance for the stuff you build on it, or is that a separate purchase?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Oh hell there is probably escrow payments, flood plain insurance, earthquake, volcano, locusts, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Star Citizen: Would You Like To Buy A Virtual Bridge?
Star Citizen: No, We're Selling The Concept Of Land
Star Citizen: Moons
Star Citizen: We Have Such Sites To Sell You