Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh no, less TV time for Tamina, Lana, Alicia Fox, and Dana Brooke???? Die mad, bitch

Alicia Fox is good and deserves TV time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Alicia Fox is good and deserves TV time

She's had at least her yearly quota. I like her fine but come on

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A women's Royal Rumble sounds a loving horrible idea

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Benne posted:

a loving horrible idea

Somewhere in the world Vince's ears just perked up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

A women's Royal Rumble sounds a loving horrible idea

a reverse rumble is much better imo

I don't really care about the men's rumble either so there's that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

You’ve got 20 main roster if you run literally everyone bar the champions plus 10 NXT/MYC surprises and legends, that might just about stretch to a full sized rumble but then you also have to deal with an hour of mediocre brawling and entrants as crowd-enthusing as Lana and Dana and elimination spots that are harder to pull off due to everyone being half a foot shorter. On the same show as the exact same match but better and more over. Gonna be hard to make work. If you shortened the intervals to a minute and did 20 entrants it would make for a better match but mark it as lesser than the men’s event.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 22, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

70% of rumbles are already bad, put two mediocre ones on the same show and the novelty will wear off real quick

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do they even have the bodies for 30 women? Here's the current main roster

Raw:

Alexa Bliss (champ)
Asuka
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Nia Jax
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Dana Brooke
Paige
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville

Smackdown:

Charlotte (champ)
Natalya
Naomi
Becky Lynch
Carmella
Tamina
Lana
Ruby Riot
Sarah Logan
Liv Morgan

NXT

Ember Moon (champ)
Kairi Sane
Nikki Cross
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Bianca Belair
... Lacey Evans?
... uhh, Aliyah?

I guess you could throw in Trish/Victoria/Madusa/whoever for a nostalgia pop, and maybe call in some of the notable MYC people (Shayna/Abbey Laith/Dakota Kai etc). But man is that match a lot of dead space.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 22, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And your celeb call-in Ronda Rousey

And the inventor of the women's division: Stephanie McMahon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even Stardom avoids battle royals because it makes everyone look bad. Aimless brawling makes everyone looks putzy.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's a shame WWE isn't higher on Abbey Laith. I think she'd do quite well on either brand.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A women's royal rumble would be like the Shawn/Bulldog one if you took out Shawn and Bulldog.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It would be good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

It's a shame WWE isn't higher on Abbey Laith. I think she'd do quite well on either brand.

WWE signed her with the intention of using her strongly and using her above Ruby Riot. The issue is with her largely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Was unintentional but her look has regressed a lot the last year which shouldn't really happen while under contract:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScrlT1D9oXE

I don't understand those people who pretend otherwise and screech at you saying looks/weight doesn't matter to the freaking WWE. If that was true why did she and everyone else diet down for their WWE tryout and before NXT?

Also between her tan and gear she now has the worst NXT look since Solomon Crowe. She isn't exactly main roster ready currently. If they do push her with this look in NXT or to WWE then I am wrong and will reassess what matters to WWE.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 23, 2017

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yeah, I've seen the comments about her in this thread. Given how quickly Riot was called up in comparison, it made me think about her not even being on NXT TV. If body type can't be helped, would a change in gear help improve her chances of being better regarded?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Who thinks WWE doesn't care about looks? They give a huge deal about them. The only people who are currently not matchstick thin are legacies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Considering the body diversity on the indies vs NXT/WWE there is absolutely an athletic build look requirement by WWE.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ya think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7mC3j3Auk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is the same company that tried to convince us that Mickie loving James was a fat ugly she-beast. Vince still has his type.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They coulda sold that on manyvids and made a fortune.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I rather watch Abbey wrestle than 3/4 of the women on the main roster now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I rather watch Abbey wrestle than 3/4 of the women on the main roster now.

Her in ring isn't in question. Would much prefer her to be on TV than not. Hope she is part of the TV tapings next Wednesday.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Her in ring isn't in question. Would much prefer her to be on TV than not. Hope she is part of the TV tapings next Wednesday.

Same. Speaking of the TV tapings, I think the only advertised match is Kairi Sane vs Peyton Royce. It'll be a solid match, but its not one that Peyton should win. (or at least win clean. If she does win, it should be through interference.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Same. Speaking of the TV tapings, I think the only advertised match is Kairi Sane vs Peyton Royce. It'll be a solid match, but its not one that Peyton should win. (or at least win clean. If she does win, it should be through interference.)

Nope, that match was taped over a week ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, no-one's claiming WWE/Vince doesn't care about weight/looks. People are arguing (rightly, for the most part) that they SHOULDN'T care

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm arguing it. Vince doesn't care about weightlooks, at all. If he did then he would show a great Deal more proof, but hasn't done so just yet. time will tell who is correct

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I'm arguing it. Vince doesn't care about weightlooks, at all. If he did then he would show a great Deal more proof, but hasn't done so just yet. time will tell who is correct

Vince absolutely cares, but if you show value in other ways he can overlook a bad body. There's tons of enormous fat guys he's pushed on the basis of their size, it took him forever to warm up to Foley, and Owens continues to be the exception to the rule. He'll never love them like he loves someone like Cena but he'll find some value in them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tell me more about how Vince only likes fit women while Dana, a former fitness model that’s still in pretty great shape flounders.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do we really have to explain the “a thumb is a finger, fingers aren’t thumbs” rule to you?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

Tell me more about how Vince only likes fit women while Dana, a former fitness model that’s still in pretty great shape flounders.

Dana/Charlotte was the original Mania plan not that long ago

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Abbey is in dire need of gear that isn't poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Time will tell

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Vince also thought Kaitlyn was fat, right? Or am I thinking of someone else

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Vince also thought Kaitlyn was fat, right? Or am I thinking of someone else

Yes but Vince has little to do NXT.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Apparently Sexy Star is at it again.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-sexy-star-shoots-during-wrestling-match-yet-again

:psyduck:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

That kick was rough but c'mon, if you must just stiff her once and chill.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

she punches like a drunk outside of a gay bar. weaaaak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why the gently caress are people still booking Sexy