Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

In this specific circumstance I bet you that he can. Banning his DCI account doesn't do anything because you don't need a DCI number to play MTGO and WOTC is definetely not diligent enough to actually stop him from producing content.

Forcing him to play mtgo is punishment enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can't censor you it does NOT mean you can say whatever you want with no consequences.

this comic but with a fat neckbeard saying he just wants to call a woman a slut on line

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 28, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I think its really dumb to try and harass someone because you believe he was harassing someone. As completely idiotic as his talking points are, he is right about that part at least. Nobody is the better person for becoming the shithead they are trying to fight.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Angry Grimace posted:

In this specific circumstance I bet you that he can. Banning his DCI account doesn't do anything because you don't need a DCI number to play MTGO and WOTC is definetely not diligent enough to actually stop him from producing content.

otoh it's probably easy to identify his mtgo account and ban it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sickening posted:

I think its really dumb to try and harass someone because you believe he was harassing someone. As completely idiotic as his talking points are, he is right about that part at least. Nobody is the better person for becoming the shithead they are trying to fight.
Taking down someone’s YouTube videos isn’t harassment. It’s hardly gazing into the abyss to, as a community, say that a horrible person isn’t welcome.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Removing someone's ability to generate income off of being a lovely person is not harassment.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Angry Grimace posted:

I assume he doesn't want his dumb alt-right drama to cross paths with whatever job he holds in real life.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a job and is gunning for full time YouTube personality. Which is why the changes to youtube ad payouts helped make him lose his mind and start going after the alt right MTG savior thing. Also one time his cat got sick and he begged for money to help it and it's just so funny and sad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Just finished an IMA draft and holy poo poo was our pool bad. We had a cryptic command but other than that, nothing above 5-7€. After the first round of picks, we were down to sub 2€ cards. I greeddrafted a Bauble at least, but this set is gonna end up selling for less than 100€ before the year is over.

The format itself, otoh, seems pretty good

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Just finished an IMA draft and holy poo poo was our pool bad. We had a cryptic command but other than that, nothing above 5-7€. After the first round of picks, we were down to sub 2€ cards. I greeddrafted a Bauble at least, but this set is gonna end up selling for less than 100€ before the year is over.

The format itself, otoh, seems pretty good

If you draft on modo only do the phantom. There is no hope for the other drafts, it will be loss of % no matter what.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

McNutty posted:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a job and is gunning for full time YouTube personality. Which is why the changes to youtube ad payouts helped make him lose his mind and start going after the alt right MTG savior thing. Also one time his cat got sick and he begged for money to help it and it's just so funny and sad.

There's no way being an alt-right troll in a niche community that even doesn't support its most popular members to a degree at which they can sustain a living is going to work.

You can make a living being an alt-right troll but you have to have actual opinions and not just catchphrases stolen from better alt-right trolls.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
I find it remarkable that nobody has suggested that WotC just shoot the guy. Seriously, they should just buy a company-owned gun, find the dude and have Trick Jarret put a bullet through his head.

Seriously you nucklefucks, what do you exactly expect WotC to do to "stop this guy"? They can ban him and show him for being an rear end in a top hat and someone who is unwelcome in the community, but from there onward it's not their loving job to make sure people are nice on the internet.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jenx posted:

I find it remarkable that nobody has suggested that WotC just shoot the guy. Seriously, they should just buy a company-owned gun, find the dude and have Trick Jarret put a bullet through his head.

Seriously you nucklefucks, what do you exactly expect WotC to do to "stop this guy"? They can ban him and show him for being an rear end in a top hat and someone who is unwelcome in the community, but from there onward it's not their loving job to make sure people are nice on the internet.

Hey man, filing false reports and calling mtgheardquaterslosers family members is perfectly fine. The dudes an rear end in a top hat. That in no way makes me an rear end in a top hat too. I am the good guy.

I can't just refuse to follow his content and call him out. That is too within the lines for me. He deserves any harassment he gets.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 28, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They should find out which card he cherishes most as the jewel of his collection and reprint it at common.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/UnsleevedMedia/status/935636237146345472

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Exactly how this is suppose to be done. Well done.

(what is the code of conduct btw?)

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Travis Wu about to get his time in the spotlight
https://twitter.com/em_teegee/status/935620592161771520

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'll be real honest I only watched part of the Tolaria guys video but bareback unsleeved man says "beta cuck" and "white knight" and poo poo unironically in them clips, and that's like the linguistic equivalent of warning coloration on snakes to quickly demonstrate that they are poisonous so yeah gently caress "his side."

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tainen posted:

That facebook group is getting deleted as we speak.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://company.wizards.com/legal/code-conduct

I feel like someone has revisited this and tried to make it cover every person , even outside the game but then got lazy and left a lot of the mtgo only stuff in. It isn't a very good read.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tainen posted:

His mtg team did fairly well didn't it?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sickening posted:

If you draft on modo only do the phantom. There is no hope for the other drafts, it will be loss of % no matter what.

Nah we drafted live (hence the rare repick). I mean we drafted an entire box, I had pick three and the best card left in the pool was a Primeval Titan lmao

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Nah we drafted live (hence the rare repick). I mean we drafted an entire box, I had pick three and the best card left in the pool was a Primeval Titan lmao

Yeah, the box is terrible ev right now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/LegionSupplies/status/935589200455454720

Woo is going to ban town. He should have known better after the last poo poo.

I wouldn't be shocked if a huge number of folks who post in that group don't also get a ban as well. All the ones who didn't use fake names.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 29, 2017

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tainen posted:

https://twitter.com/GabySpartz/status/935642761096826880

https://twitter.com/Em_TeeGee/status/935621968782643201

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lol what a bunch of losers

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Gross. They aren't even looking at archetypes and synergies, just drafting based on the art.

Here's a article they just put up:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/taking-action-harassment-and-bullying-2017-11-28

quote:

WHAT WE'RE DOING RIGHT NOW
We are investigating reports we've received as quickly as possible. We know you'd like us to act faster and to share more information with you about this process, but we simply can't. What we can tell you is that we take violations of our Code of Conduct very seriously, and violations can result in removal from organized play, the Wizards Play Network, and all Wizards accounts.

We are reviewing and updating our policies and reporting processes for Code of Conduct violations. We recognize that it is time to carefully reconsider how we work with retailers, tournament organizers, players, and community members to deal with harassment and bullying—online and offline. We have been working on this, but we will work faster. Expect announcements and explanations over the next few months about policies that we hope are clearer and processes that are easier to access and resolve issues more quickly.

We are going to be more proactive about setting expectations for behavior at Magic events and in all Magic spaces. Some of you may have taken a survey recently about what makes you feel comfortable and included at Magic events and what doesn't. That is part of a project we've been working on that will clearly express how players, retailers, tournament organizers, and us here at Wizards expect each other to behave anywhere people are enjoying Magic. Think language and visuals at premier events, stores, and wherever you play Magic that are clear reminders of the respect we expect all players to be treated with. We're shooting to get that out there by the time you're playing Rivals of Ixalan.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Bah, p1p1 my rear end! Look at it, there's clearly only 9 people on there, not 15!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Gross. They aren't even looking at archetypes and synergies, just drafting based on the art.

combination lol and :yikes: on that one

meanwhile in an alternate universe where its picking your partner for 2headed giant, easily melissa detora. Many years ago I used her decklists as inspiration (she had a great monogreen deck in inn/rtr that I liked), and she seems like a real nice person :shobon:

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
Can’t wait to hear people defending this as “just a joke” and “free speech” when someone gets banned. I feel like this is going to be whatever the rapist guys name is 2.0.

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

:chloe:

I found Twoo offputting pretty fast. I got permabanned from his Twitch chat years ago for questioning him.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

bookkeeper posted:

:chloe:

I found Twoo offputting pretty fast. I got permabanned from his Twitch chat years ago for questioning him.

I must be getting old and losing my edge because now I just think people are stupid and dumb and being a poo poo is also terrible.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I checked twoo's twitter (incognito because he's blocked me everywhere) and he's running the "I barely pay attention to it, I had noooo ideaaaaa what was going on" gambit

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
There's already a Magic for Bad 2 Facebook group btw

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Mezzanon posted:

I must be getting old

Same

I could really give a gently caress about this in either direction. The MTGHQ guy is pretty dumb it sounds like but in the same vein I can't imagine any type of scenario where I'd upset or offended because some random Youtube guy is annoying and talking poo poo.

I just want to cast spells at FNM. The whole thing makes me embarrassed to play this game

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

80s James Hetfield posted:

The whole thing makes me embarrassed to play this game

This, but about your posting.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, usually when it's not you and yours getting harassed you don't give a gently caress, that's kind of one of the problems.

Go you though, I guess. Way to be impartial.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jenx posted:

it might be nice if wotc didnt passively and tacitly endorse all harassment by stuffing the cash into their pockets and going "aw shucks how could we know what our community was doing"

alternately

what do you want riot to do, literally kill the people saying racial slurs? its a free game you cant stop people from doing this. well anyway its a weird coincidence that the community has improved after riot made an effort to do so, but nevertheless wotc is powerless to do anything here i agree.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

80s James Hetfield posted:

Same

I could really give a gently caress about this in either direction. The MTGHQ guy is pretty dumb it sounds like but in the same vein I can't imagine any type of scenario where I'd upset or offended because some random Youtube guy is annoying and talking poo poo.

I just want to cast spells at FNM. The whole thing makes me embarrassed to play this game

gee whiz, someone who isnt targeted regularly by harassment finds it hard to believe he'd be bothered by what other people says. this is gonna be a hard case to crack. we'll never be able to figure out why that is.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
They'll probably ban him quietly* because they don't want the legal hassle of naming him publicly. Same reason they don't list suspension reasons in the DCI suspended players list anymore.

* On their end of course. He'll cause plenty of noise about how he's the one being harassed and that he didn't get to defend himself, as seen above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Hrmmm..... MRA nutjobs sending threatening messages to women or the women speaking out about obvious and systematic mistreatment at the hands of men in the community they still desperately want to be a part of despite being treated like sex trash......who should I support.......