Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

boner confessor posted:

all white men have this power

Most of us lose it a little bit though as we age, he retains his full 5 year old peak ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Here is alpha male average BMI sex-haver No Bullshit in all of his red pill glory.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ah i see jontron is in his post "racist piece of poo poo" career rebuilding phase and he's regurgitating internet pop culture knowledge like found footage videos to his audience of naive children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXivpclxftM

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I just watched the two Destiny v No Bullshit debates in their entirety (because it's slow at work and I hate myself) and it's amazing the stark difference in attitude NBS holds in the first debate versus the second. In the first debate he kind-a manages to call Destiny out on some gotcha moments (most of which were Destiny harmlessly asking for clarification, some of which towards the end were actual legit "gotcha!" moments), but that's all he managed to do. His points were neither valid nor salient, and instead of defending his positions he kept avoiding questions, changing subjects, or attempting to subtly gaslight Destiny.

You can tell that NBS watched the debate after the fact (and read the comments) and became furious with how much Destiny made him look like a complete idiot. I honestly believe that in the second debate he had no intention of arguing in good faith, and instead devolved immediately into a giant tantrum-throwing baby in an attempt to own Destiny by trying to make him really mad and frustrated.

From his actions in both debates (and some of his content elsewhere) you can tell No Bullshit actually has no idea how a debate is supposed to function. The idea of a person having to defend their position is anathema to him, because he's used to tearing down other people's positions with anecdotes in an uncontested format (his videos and his Google hangouts with other alt-righters). From his perspective it's rude for someone to ask for clarification on your beliefs, to quote what you said previously (with video clips to prove it), and in multiple cases he claims that requesting studies or statistics is a diversion tactic. That the topic of discussion becomes the numbers themselves as opposed to the opinions being discussed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think the only person that destiny has debated that's dumber than nobullshit was nakedape because nakedape was just a screaming child to the point destiny had to end it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Verisimilidude posted:

From his actions in both debates (and some of his content elsewhere) you can tell No Bullshit actually has no idea how a debate is supposed to function. The idea of a person having to defend their position is anathema to him, because he's used to tearing down other people's positions with anecdotes in an uncontested format (his videos and his Google hangouts with other alt-righters). From his perspective it's rude for someone to ask for clarification on your beliefs, to quote what you said previously (with video clips to prove it), and in multiple cases he claims that requesting studies or statistics is a diversion tactic. That the topic of discussion becomes the numbers themselves as opposed to the opinions being discussed.

That's not completely wrong though? Arguments and debates can easily get stalled by someone who demands studies or statistics over every single point. Perhaps topically, there was that Destiny video a short while back where the one guy gleefully pretended he had owned Destiny because he had never heard of the famous study where people with 'blacker' names got less callbacks from employers, and Destiny couldn't remember the name of the study offhand. For a proper debate, there has to be at least a minimal level of trust that when someone brings up a point of fact they are telling the truth. Unless you're already prepared with evidence to call out a point of fact as being false beforehand, everything just bogs the gently caress down.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 29, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though that again breaks down when you're debating with someone whose entire thing is making things up.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think the only person that destiny has debated that's dumber than nobullshit was nakedape because nakedape was just a screaming child to the point destiny had to end it.

There was one rando he had on recently who basically just froze up as soon as destiny asked his first question and kept tripping over himself and getting distracted by the chat, it was great

Apparently he'd been talking poo poo on twitter or something, but was entirely inarticulate in person

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

here's the video...i timestamped when destiny has to end the discussion (27 minutes into an almost 2 hour video lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR3O9OCgik&t=1592s

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
I just watched the Naked Ape debate and that was one infuriating conversation to listen to, I wouldn't have lasted as long as Destiny with that guy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was bummed i wanted to hear what dumb poo poo he was gonna say about blm.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Random question: why does Destiny get to debate the worst dregs of the Right Wing while no one cares but Contra is a heretic if she debates Blaire White or gives an interview?

I legitimately don't really get it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
dick masterson was almost as dumb as no bullshit

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

Random question: why does Destiny get to debate the worst dregs of the Right Wing while no one cares but Contra is a heretic if she debates Blaire White or gives an interview?

destiny is a video game guy that somehow stumbled into this after outing jontron as a moron racist. contra's thing is politics.

he's also not actually left wing - he's a quasi-libertarian. whenever illegal immigration comes up he always makes the economic argument instead of the humane one for instance. also very pro-gun.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Contra having a big radgie with some daft arse isn't objectionable, but doing interviews for lovely people and selling tickets to far right events is regardless of who does it.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

OwlFancier posted:

Contra having a big radgie with some daft arse isn't objectionable, but doing interviews for lovely people and selling tickets to far right events is regardless of who does it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
contra is fundraising for neo nazis

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Groovelord Neato posted:

he's also not actually left wing - he's a quasi-libertarian. whenever illegal immigration comes up he always makes the economic argument instead of the humane one for instance. also very pro-gun.

Destiny's pro-life as well, but refreshingly his stance isn't to restrict access to abortions (or contraception, which bizarrely usually accompanies a pro-life stance).

I disagree quite heavily with a lot of his stances but he's a pretty effective lightning rod for a lot of the youtube reactionary fury currently, so I think he's good to have around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he might be pro-life cuz he was dumb and got his gf knocked up unplanned.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So NoBullshit also thinks Richard Spencer did nothing wrong. Some great people the Rationals decided to associate themselves with.

NikkolasKing posted:

What? The two situations are nothing alike. Destiny invites these morons to debate on his stream. Contra is working (albeit probably unintentionally) to fundraise for right-wing shitheads.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Groovelord Neato posted:

he might be pro-life cuz he was dumb and got his gf knocked up unplanned.
That normally makes people pro-choice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they kept the kid.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

So NoBullshit also thinks Richard Spencer did nothing wrong. Some great people the Rationals decided to associate themselves with.

What? The two situations are nothing alike. Destiny invites these morons to debate on his stream. Contra is working (albeit probably unintentionally) to fundraise for right-wing shitheads.

I was unaware of the details of all this, just that an event was happening with Contra, Blaire and somebody else. I don't go on Twitter but it seems like the only place I could find discussing this so I went there to research after my last post.

https://twitter.com/bfkelleher/status/934975341449416705

I don't actually hate Conservatives or Right Wingers as a whole but judging by this, I can now understand objecting to giving these shitlords money.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hate all conservatives because not only are their stances empirically unsupported but they're also morally repugnant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i hate all conservatives because not only are their stances empirically unsupported but they're also morally repugnant.

:same:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I can tolerate fiscal conservatives even though I completely disagree with them and you can have a honest debate with most of them (with the exception of libertarians, they can be insufferable). Social conservatives, on the other hand...

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Verisimilidude posted:

The idea of a person having to defend their position is anathema to him, because he's used to tearing down other people's positions with anecdotes in an uncontested format (his videos and his Google hangouts with other alt-righters).
You win the game. That's whole point.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Jimbot posted:

I can tolerate fiscal conservatives even though I completely disagree with them and you can have a honest debate with most of them (with the exception of libertarians, they can be insufferable). Social conservatives, on the other hand...

The best way to deal with libertarians is to "yes, and" them into anarchosyndicalism.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Goon Danton posted:

The best way to deal with libertarians is to "yes, and" them into anarchosyndicalism.

i thought it was to poison them

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It usually ends with them declaring a flat tax is the most fair because a progressive tax punishes success. And they don't understand "being rich is a choice, being poor isn't."

Take 50% of the wealth of someone making 500k a year, they're still better off than someone making 25k a year with a 10% tax.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 29, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lovechop posted:

I thought it involved putting their hands into blenders.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jimbot posted:

fiscal conservatism is racist. so they're still social conservatives.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Lovechop posted:

Isn't that what would happen under libertarian regimes anyway?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Groovelord Neato posted:

As someone else put it on these forums, "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" is a way to say "I hate the effects, but I'm a big fan of the causes."

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Agree. It's ridiculous to suggest there's a clear distinction between social issues and economic issues. They are deeply intertwined, and the idea that they aren't is a narrative that can only benefit the right.

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

I was unaware of the details of all this, just that an event was happening with Contra, Blaire and somebody else. I don't go on Twitter but it seems like the only place I could find discussing this so I went there to research after my last post.

https://twitter.com/bfkelleher/status/934975341449416705

I don't actually hate Conservatives or Right Wingers as a whole but judging by this, I can now understand objecting to giving these shitlords money.

The entire idea of holocaust denial, or downplaying the reality has always been strange to me. I have never understood it. Can someone explain to me why Nazis and their sympathizers do this?

One would think they would feel pride, no?

I really don't get it.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Amoxicilina posted:

The entire idea of holocaust denial, or downplaying the reality has always been strange to me. I have never understood it. Can someone explain to me why Nazis and their sympathizers do this?

I really don't get it.

because the obvious response to someone promoting fascism is to bring up the nazis/the holocaust. if they circulate misinformation about how the holocaust actually wasn't that bad, then it makes everything else they say sound more acceptable

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"The Holocaust didn't happen but I wish it did" has long been a theme among the shithead wing of the right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Amoxicilina posted:

I really don't get it.

They want to change the boundaries of what’s acceptable to discuss. Making the nazis palatable to non-nazis is part of that. And there’s the same contrarian strain that animates any indefensible position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What do you call people who are economically liberal, but socially conservative?

• Locked thread