Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Saw a weird DS9 episode the other day where everyone but Odo got possessed by space dust that made them conspire against each other and there was a bar scene where I really wanted Kira to eat that spotted chick's pussy drat you guys know what scene I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That episode is great.

I went looking for his clock obsession, but I found this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztrZ4pW3A4

wit
Jul 26, 2011
DS9 episode where bashir is outed as a superhuman.

O'Brien's reaction is great. Well if we're doing darts you can gently caress away off down the back room and throw them you gently caress.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
best ds9 episode is when rom forms a union.

workers of the world, unite

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Seize the means of replication.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I like when Frasier was there

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M64voQEIY9k

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

DoctorWhat posted:

best ds9 episode is when rom forms a union.

workers of the world, unite

You mean the episode where he forms a union and the union is immediately crushed by the bloodthirsty capitalist government and Quark gives the staff a token pay rise but continues earning poo poo tons of money and exploiting his staff?

Doesn't seem like the moral of that story is unions work.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Kitchner posted:

You mean the episode where he forms a union and the union is immediately crushed by the bloodthirsty capitalist government and Quark gives the staff a token pay rise but continues earning poo poo tons of money and exploiting his staff?

Doesn't seem like the moral of that story is unions work.

It was nice because it seemed to start the arc of hurr-durr lacky to genius that was held back by his brother. He gets the girl, makes his son proud of him, becomes president, invents a weapon that saves the galaxy basically. All while sounding like a downie. Maybe the union episode was actually the writers taking the piss out of the actor demanding more depth to his tertiary character.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

From what I remember, Rom actually gets all of his demands, including sick pay, paid vacations, and the big raise. His only concession is that he can't call his union a union, and that is more due to the fact that they would be murdered by the FCA if it was recognized.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That part of the episode is kind of weird though. Like even without any charges filed are the Ferengi really going to essentially start a war with the Federation by blatantly murdering people under their protection, including Bajorans working for Quark? I know they aren't Federation citizens but asking for political asylum once members of the union start ending up dead is probably the next logical step.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They would probably just kill Quark

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

wit posted:

It was nice because it seemed to start the arc of hurr-durr lacky to genius that was held back by his brother. He gets the girl, makes his son proud of him, becomes president, invents a weapon that saves the galaxy basically. All while sounding like a downie. Maybe the union episode was actually the writers taking the piss out of the actor demanding more depth to his tertiary character.

I'm watching through DS9 now and Roms voice is different initially. It doesn't really sound like it usually does until the episode about Odo's first case.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, DS9 The Alternate
We get introduced to Dr. Mora, who I like, but this episode really isn't very good plot wise. The whole odo/dad relationship thing is good, but the scifi plot is badddd. Also sisko heavily alludes to the fact that his dad is dead. Telling odo this story of how he thought his father was invincible but then as his health degenerated more and more he seemed so weak and helpless, and in the end there was nothing he could do.... Dude, your dad is old but full of energy running a popular restaurant! His nostrils alone are healthier than most people.

We also learn there's some simple volcanic gas that can make changelings go totally crazy. Man, that would have been a nice thing to remember once changelings were infiltrating the galaxy. Also Bashir creeps on dax, dax politely turns him down and leaves and then Bashir gives a monolog to himself about how horrible dax is for obviously getting off on tormenting a Nice Guy like him and one of those days he's going to stop chasing her and become a man going his own way.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I'm watching through DS9 now and Roms voice is different initially. It doesn't really sound like it usually does until the episode about Odo's first case.

Because Rom had no character until then, before that Max was basically just playing him as the same scheming ferengi he played in tng

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The General posted:

That episode is great.

I went looking for his clock obsession, but I found this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztrZ4pW3A4

Sisko supercuts are the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHgbbM9pu4

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Please dont make me watch epic wins and youtube poops like ever. Mark them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

wit posted:

Please dont make me watch epic wins and youtube poops like ever. Mark them.

That's the chance you take when you log into the internet, friend.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I only log onto the Net via my chunky CRT touch screen and stylus terminal for maximum continuity

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

evilmiera posted:

That part of the episode is kind of weird though. Like even without any charges filed are the Ferengi really going to essentially start a war with the Federation by blatantly murdering people under their protection, including Bajorans working for Quark? I know they aren't Federation citizens but asking for political asylum once members of the union start ending up dead is probably the next logical step.

Rom is a Ferengi citizen and he broke Ferengi law, the punishment for which is apprently death according to Brunt (hardly an unbiased sourced though). I think it's also sort of implied the Norsacanns will kill Rom and not say they were paid to do it by Brunt, meaning he gets off without being arrested and returns to the Ferengi alliance where his actions will be seen as necessary and fair. The Federation will protest, but the Alliance will insist there was no official involvement, and even if there was, it was within the bounds of Ferengi law.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yeah you can do whatever you want cross-empires. The federation wont even protest. Do you think whoever's planet The Albino was from had a chance at suing the federation because they let Dax go on a recreational killing spree? Hell no.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yeah you can do whatever you want cross-empires. The federation wont even protest. Do you think whoever's planet The Albino was from had a chance at suing the federation because they let Dax go on a recreational killing spree? Hell no.

I think it needs mentioning that in the Voyager episode "False Profits" there was a serious and hard-thought discussion about whether or not they should actually stop the three Ferengi preying on an underdeveloped world, because the Ferengi weren't members of the Federation and they're not to interfere with underdeveloped worlds due to the Prime Directive.

What a quandry of morals this is!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it needs mentioning that in the Voyager episode "False Profits" there was a serious and hard-thought discussion about whether or not they should actually stop the three Ferengi preying on an underdeveloped world, because the Ferengi weren't members of the Federation and they're not to interfere with underdeveloped worlds due to the Prime Directive.

What a quandry of morals this is!

Wasn't that answered in TOS, where the answer was you may as well interfere sinc the damage was already done?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Wasn't that answered in TOS, where the answer was you may as well interfere sinc the damage was already done?

That was 100 years ago, and Kirk was basically a barbarian.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The General posted:

That was 100 years ago, and Kirk was basically a barbarian.

Compared to Janeway? :v:

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!
But the time cops mostly bothered Archer.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Compared to Janeway? :v:

Janeway was an insane pontiff to Kirk's barbarian.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Farscape Seasons 1 and 2 are great fun but Seasons 3 and 4 are just an insane fever dream. I remember the episode where the three eyed Seed Lady from Mad Max started masturbating while psychically linked to D'Argo and he jizzed in his pants. Or the episode where D'Argo and Chrichton are physically linked to Scorpius and his right hand man and they keep beating each other up to beat up the others they're not currently beating on. While being held up at a bar by a pair of bird aliens.

Or when Chrichton got blackmailed by James Cromwell's wife from Babe and then had to go back to that planet and got radiation poisoning.

Or when they all went crazy from the light levels and Chrichton started shooting cracker packets. Because CRACKERS. DON'T. MATTER. Also he molests Chiana, because hosed upedness.

Or the time(twice) that they ran into a carnival vampire, the second time in which they had to run through a Super Mario/Cinderella/Alice in Wonderland fantasy to save a princess.

Or when Chrichton got his eyeballs surgically removed and then replanted.

Or when Chrichton was almost killed by D'Argo and spent the whole episode being chased through an animated Looney Tunes segment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Arcsquad12 posted:

Farscape Seasons 1 and 2 are great fun but Seasons 3 and 4 are just an insane fever dream. I remember the episode where the three eyed Seed Lady from Mad Max started masturbating while psychically linked to D'Argo and he jizzed in his pants. Or the episode where D'Argo and Chrichton are physically linked to Scorpius and his right hand man and they keep beating each other up to beat up the others they're not currently beating on. While being held up at a bar by a pair of bird aliens.

Or when Chrichton got blackmailed by James Cromwell's wife from Babe and then had to go back to that planet and got radiation poisoning.

Or when they all went crazy from the light levels and Chrichton started shooting cracker packets. Because CRACKERS. DON'T. MATTER. Also he molests Chiana, because hosed upedness.

Or the time(twice) that they ran into a carnival vampire, the second time in which they had to run through a Super Mario/Cinderella/Alice in Wonderland fantasy to save a princess.

Or when Chrichton was almost killed by D'Argo and spent the whole episode being chased through an animated Looney Tunes segment.

You're right it was a great show!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Okay, I'm sold on checking out Farscape now.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Farscape is great, but it swings wildly between amazing, terrible, and insane before settling on insane in the last couple of seasons.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Farscape so good

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i like farscape

the main villian is like a gimp mixed with darth vader

and there's a muppet alien who is basically a goon

plus claudia black

what i'm saying is farscape is awesome

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Farscape is loving great, except for the Talyn-based episodes in season 3. Those are unequivocally terrible.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Farscape is loving great, except for the Talyn-based episodes in season 3. Those are unequivocally terrible.

yeah talyn was dogshit

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At least he died. And because Talyn took half the crew with him, it meant we got some amazing buddy cop episodes with Chrichton 1 and D'Argo, like the episode where Pilot kicked them off the ship for being assholes so they went on a coke bender and had to save the rest of the crew from getting their fluids sucked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1vaK0c-ao

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 29, 2017

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I just realised that the plots of later farscape were so out there that you could just word salad and they sound like plausible episodes.

The time chianna had 3 tits but one was exceptionally sassy so rigel farted gasoline on it and killed her soul and they had to go through a claymation training montage to return it while in prison.
When John punched someone so hard they went back in time and then he punched his great grandfather who also went back in time and it was all a musical.
When Moya grew a penis and that penis was elected president of a small planet of dong shaped creatures and d'argo got angry.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

As a Professor of Farscapeology I can safely say the doubler episode is where Farscape jumped the shark. Then papa O'Bannon shows back up to write the Peacekeeper Wars and murders all the bad characters the crew picked up in the last 2 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

we get boat we get go posted:

As a Professor of Farscapeology I can safely say the doubler episode is where Farscape jumped the shark. Then papa O'Bannon shows back up to write the Peacekeeper Wars and murders all the bad characters the crew picked up in the last 2 seasons.

You can't get a more spiteful character death than stranding them on a planet right before they get their shrill screaming rear end nuked from orbit.