Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lobok posted:

When Connors turns into the Lizard, MJ will be able to run to safety by:

a) venturing farther into a remote swamp filled with lizards
b) ummm

c) conking him over the head with a brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

David D. Davidson posted:

c) conking him over the head with a brick.

Jesus dude, you trying to kill everybody!?!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Unnamed One posted:

In keeping with the current arc, Connors probably built that entire house by himself.

But if only he had his other arm!

E: Altough if that were the case I’d love it if it turned out to be the Newspaper version of Groverhaus
Lmao Connorshaus is my new favorite thing

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus dude, you trying to kill everybody!?!

Why can't I rate and favorite posts?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lobok posted:

When Connors turns into the Lizard, MJ will be able to run to safety by:

a) venturing farther into a remote swamp filled with lizards
b) ummm

she'll fall into the same plot hole than ana did in the last arc when she randomly appeared in places she wasn't supposed to be

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I miss the exposed legs and giant G on his chest Galactus.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Didn't MJ have like... poo poo to do? Like wasn't she in Florida for appointments and such that you probably can't just hare off to the swamp in the middle of?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea because jjj is the lizard this time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, it really only happened once in nsm? there goes the basis for like 90% of my bad jokes for this arc.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah, NSM, if I had to pick a literary reference--like, specifically, a well-known 19th century gothic novella--to describe the situation of a doctor with a monstrous alter ego, I'd definitely go with Frankenstein.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Connors knows Peter is being patronizing as hell about his lab equipment and is not amused. Or maybe that's the meth lizard serum.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

I guessing that's going to happen again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There's going to be a terrible accident (based on Conner's past lab safety record) and MJ TURNS INTO THE LIZARD.

and everyone dies, because she's actually competent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, it's gotta be curt rather than mj. this is all deliberately set out in the middle of nowhere, so spiderman can't just pop in with no explanation and i don't think even nsm is dumb enough to reveal his secret identity to the only dude who is more of a mess than he is.

it'd be way better with lizard mj, though.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Wasn't JJJ supposed to be somewhere closeish by? He is going to show up at some point, probably when the doc/mj/someone goes full-Lizard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unfortunately, it's gotta be curt rather than mj. this is all deliberately set out in the middle of nowhere, so spiderman can't just pop in with no explanation and i don't think even nsm is dumb enough to reveal his secret identity to the only dude who is more of a mess than he is.

it'd be way better with lizard mj, though.

Mole Man totally figured out Peter's secret identity last arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Mole Man totally figured out Peter's secret identity last arc.

he was too classy to admit it, though. i do not have similar expectations for curt connors.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well I, for one, can't wait to find out who the *real* villain of this arc is!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I 100% expect connors to be the sidekick this arc, and a scene where spidey agonizes over turning him into a lizard and they finally agree its the only way, then the threat gets eaten by an alligator that spidey fought for no reason six months earlier.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm placing a dark horse bet that this leads to Spider-Man becoming a Spider-Beast-Guy and Connors going into Lizard mode to stop him.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I think it will turn out that hicks have been squatting in Dr Conners lab, and have accidentally turned themselves into lizardmen messing with his poo poo, and they will kick spidey’s rear end, and the only way Dr Conmers can get close enough to inject then with the cure is to uncure himself! Lizard vs Lizard fight!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
One time. ONE GOD DAMNED TIME I turn into a giant lizard and try to murder everyone and people won't let me forget about it.

Well that's not gonna happen this time. This time, I'm oh crap I'm already a lizard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I glanced at the strip too quick and thought Connors already turned into the lizard this strip.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, it really only happened once in nsm?
Canonically? Yes, just once. Really? Probably more than once, they just don't expect anyone to have been reading it consistently since 1977.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

NEXT: IT HAPPENS AGAIN!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The good doctor looks like he's being very sarcastic. I bet he reads NSM.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last time I tried to regrow my arm I turned into a lizard, but this time is different.... this time I'm trying to regrow my arm with the same formula!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if Peter becomes The Lizard

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What if Peter becomes The Lizard

This actually happened in Spider-Gwen comics. Gwen Stacy became Spider-Woman, and became an idol to Peter in the process. Peter experiments with lizard DNA to get superpowers, he ends up transforming into a crazy lizard man, crashes the prom, and Gwen is forced to kill him, becoming her equivalent of Uncle Ben.

So yeah, not too far off in the brains department from NSM.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

Trust me, it won't happen again. *lays down under lizard ray*

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
"It's basically a cure, for not being a giant murderous lizard!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Samuringa posted:

I keep imagining this as an Always Sunny titlecard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

David D. Davidson posted:

I guessing that's going to happen again.

Honestly they're foreshadowing it so much that I want something totally unrelated to threaten them.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Turns out the way Conners wants to get his arm back is mechanical replacements.

This arc will be called "Iron Curt".

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Guys guys, this time it won't happen because he's using dino DNA, so instead of turning into the Lizard he turns into... a creature completely indistinguishable from the Lizard.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Next: STEGRON

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Choco1980 posted:

I keep imagining this as an Always Sunny titlecard.

The C.O.N.N.O.R. System:

Convince well-meaning people that you need their help
Organize a private getaway
Navigate to your private cabin
Nurture your partners delusions of scientific competence
Obtain a fresh batch of lizard serum
Regenerate your arm and become a giant lizard

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Turns out the swamp is actuallty an embassy for the savage land and sauron turns connors into a dinosaur which is totally not a lizard. Because he doesn't want to regrow limbs. He wants to turn people into dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

• Locked thread