Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Spider-Man is a serious superhero, y'all. ASM #673

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jane Foster, Female Thor is a reused plot.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Can't make a TARDIS pun without being a creep.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Samuringa posted:

Can't make a TARDIS pun without being a creep.

Too late! Go all out!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange posted:

Nothing about Valeria was normal at any point.

Technically, the Valeria who appears in the comics now is actually Valeria Von Doom, the daughter of Sue and Doom from a parallel universe who came to Earth 616 in the late 90s and who Franklin later used his reality-warping powers to revert to a foetus and place back in Sue's womb.

I'm pretty sure the baby Sue lost when she suffered a miscarriage in the John Byrne run also came into it but I don't remember how.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Does Valeria pop up in comics now? I know she was in Legacy, but aside from that I think she's still just exploring the universes with the rest of the Reed clan off panel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Does Valeria pop up in comics now? I know she was in Legacy, but aside from that I think she's still just exploring the universes with the rest of the Reed clan off panel.

Correct. They’re coming back (well the kids are,anyways) but she’s been MIA with the rest of the Future Foundation rebuilding the multiverse.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Technically, the Valeria who appears in the comics now is actually Valeria Von Doom, the daughter of Sue and Doom from a parallel universe who came to Earth 616 in the late 90s and who Franklin later used his reality-warping powers to revert to a foetus and place back in Sue's womb.

I'm pretty sure the baby Sue lost when she suffered a miscarriage in the John Byrne run also came into it but I don't remember how.

I think the Valeria in the comics was Franklin using his powers to reset the universe and basically bring the miscarried baby a second chance at life. The late 90s Valeria ended up being from an alternate timeline.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Valeria is totally this "Voyager" character who's gonna be in the weekly Avengers event.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dammit franklin dont unbirth your sister thats just weird

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Synthbuttrange posted:

Dammit franklin dont unbirth your sister thats just weird

I'm more concerned by the fact that he enabled doom to cuckold his father.

Like, yeah Reed can be a real douche, but gently caress.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Keeshhound posted:

I'm more concerned by the fact that he enabled doom to cuckold his father.

Like, yeah Reed can be a real douche, but gently caress.

Reed was that Doom as far as I remember. Which I'm pretty sure is about 98% of Doom's sexual fantasies.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mulva posted:

Reed was that Doom as far as I remember. Which I'm pretty sure is about 98% of Doom's sexual fantasies.

I don't know why I expected anything else from comics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's mutual

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Ghostlight posted:

It's mutual

Having just had to sit through a class on tax treatment of investment income, I can say with authority Doom slaughtering bond traders makes him a true hero.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Reed just casually letting him murder them makes him an accessory.

To heroism.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

Reed just casually letting him murder them makes him an accessory.

To heroism.

Casually? Look at his face.

He's enjoying it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It’s okay, Doom just skeletonized them. All he did was make them cooler for Doom is generous and does no wrong.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Well, the Avengers: Infinity War trailer is out - here's a sneak peek.

(the eternally quotable What If #34, natch)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All the Avengers get together to sing a Radiohead song

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mister Mind posted:

Well, the Avengers: Infinity War trailer is out - here's a sneak peek.

(the eternally quotable What If #34, natch)

Kid me adored that issue of What If. I still remember that goddamned Watermelon Cantaloupe bit :allears:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I love that this was a semi-serious plot point in Defenders one time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It sorta actually happened in the Avengers proper too. They activated every past and reserve member for some emergency or other and then they were left with so many avengers they couldn't stop Whirlwind from robbing a bank without tripping all over each other.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

It sorta actually happened in the Avengers proper too. They activated every past and reserve member for some emergency or other and then they were left with so many avengers they couldn't stop Whirlwind from robbing a bank without tripping all over each other.

I think it was at the start of the Busiek run?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Yep, issue 4. Right after they fixed the crisis that brought everybody in, but before they picked an official lineup.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Lurdiak posted:

That reminds me of a bit in Justice League International where there's a party where lots of different Justice League members are mingling and these aliens burst in and are then like "woops" as every hero goes after them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Yep, issue 4. Right after they fixed the crisis that brought everybody in, but before they picked an official lineup.

I loved the Busiek run :allears:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jerusalem posted:

Who is the smelly guy in the middle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D-Man

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't hold your nose at him Starfox you literally give off sex smells.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Hi Darkhawk :buddy:

The first time I ever read a comic with Darkhawk, he was getting his rear end kicked by Venom so bad Venom threw the fight out of pity.

Why do I like him so much despite this?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 30, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm just going to quote myself from literally the last time you brought Darkhawk up.

Ghostlight posted:

Why wouldn't you?

Darkhawk is like Spider-Man, Cyclops, Falcon and Wolverine all in one guy with a Cylon costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

I'm just going to quote myself from literally the last time you brought Darkhawk up.

That is the best assessment of Darkhawk I have ever seen.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

That is the best assessment of Darkhawk I have ever seen.

It really is, and I'm sad I forgot such wonderful words :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I dig that Marvel Boy and Firestar are both sitting extremely far away from Darkhawk, despite palling around in the New Warriors together (can't remember if they were ever actively on the same team or not)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Guys, I get the impression that Hercules may be slightly dumb:

(Thor #128)

"Hey, this contract says I owe you my immortal soul."

"Yeah, the lawyers make us put that in."

"Oh. Okay then." *signs*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

I dig that Marvel Boy and Firestar are both sitting extremely far away from Darkhawk, despite palling around in the New Warriors together (can't remember if they were ever actively on the same team or not)

Looks like Rage and Justice behind them. Almost all the New Warriors showed up and made Darkhawk sit by himself :(

I love Hercules just spreading out as far as possible :allears:

I'm currently in the part of the Thor run where Dr. Blake is working in the poorer part of New York and I'm loving the slang.

Also the Wrecking Crew broke out and they went after what every ex-con wants when they're first out.

MacDonald's.

I laughed at them having to make their food themselves because they didn't really think it through.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 30, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Push El Burrito posted:

Looks like Rage and Justice behind them. Almost all the New Warriors showed up and made Darkhawk sit by himself :(

I love Hercules just spreading out as far as possible :allears:

I'm currently in the part of the Thor run where Dr. Blake is working in the poorer part of New York and I'm loving the slang.

Also the Wrecking Crew broke out and they went after what every ex-con wants when they're first out.

MacDonald's.

I laughed at them having to make their food themselves because they didn't really think it through.

Reminds me of The 'Nam and how Stalker talked in early G.I. Joe. Makes sense, being the same company and all.

Also reminds me of watching old prime-time network TV like Quantum Leap or Tour of Duty, where they drop the n-word in historically appropriate ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pretty sure Keith Pollard drew all those Thor strips above, there's no mistaking that perspective/anatomy.