Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

UPDATE

While I am more than happy to continue on, I feel the interest has to be there and it seems to have fallen off. That said, if it rebounds and people get into it again (nominating, etc.), I'll continue. If it doesn't, well :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

UPDATE

While I am more than happy to continue on, I feel the interest has to be there and it seems to have fallen off. That said, if it rebounds and people get into it again (nominating, etc.), I'll continue. If it doesn't, well :rip:

IF the problem is we don't have enough nominees I'll put forward the original bro couple

Augustus

Agrippa

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still interested!

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
I'll nominate:

Dr Tobias Fünke:

Aaaaaaand

Buster Bluth

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I nominate

Taylor Hebert

and her nemesis

Sophia Hess

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
A maximum-size game is 48 characters, there's definitely enough interest to run another round.
I could run this one if you don't want to, VaultGuy? (with the OP's blessing, of course)

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I Said No posted:

A maximum-size game is 48 characters, there's definitely enough interest to run another round.
I could run this one if you don't want to, VaultGuy? (with the OP's blessing, of course)

Oh I'm totally in. Just gotta get those tributes.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Oh I'm totally in. Just gotta get those tributes.

Is the meme restriction still in place? I have a few ideas for tributes but want to make sure.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
The thesis and antithesis of Johnnys in the 90's

Johnny Bravo

Johnny 'Nny' the homicidal maniac

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i will nominate:

Lo Pan

and

Chow Yun Fat

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

facebook jihad posted:

Is the meme restriction still in place? I have a few ideas for tributes but want to make sure.

It is. Creativity counts. Trot out your most bloodthristy combatants.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

As far as i've seen the only rule on tributes is that no pedophiles are allowed, which is understandable.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I nominate Earth.

And the Death Star.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Do we need more characters or is VaultGuy waiting for time to open in their schedule?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

limp_cheese posted:

Do we need more characters or is VaultGuy waiting for time to open in their schedule?

I dunno but I can run this round if he's busy. We can switch off to prevent fatigue.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

We definitely have enough characters at this point. Lack of interest definitely isn't an issue here really.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I want to nominate Rick Deckard

And Deckard Cain

By the way, didn't someone itt buy the Steam version of this? How does it compare?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mordja posted:

I want to nominate Rick Deckard

And Deckard Cain

By the way, didn't someone itt buy the Steam version of this? How does it compare?

I bought it because I was sad wheelchair man and herbert moon died in a volcanic eruption.

For 2-3 bucks it's pretty good. You can write pretty much any death message you want and how many you want; you can even give characters specific phrases they can shout at random. Events are kind of lackluster since they don't affect all characters like the browser version.

Game relies a lot on your imagination since it is mostly text based, but there are very few other ways you can have Mario powerbomb Colonel Sanders off a cliff then succumb to a Lord of the Rings Orc invasion shortly afterward.

If you like this, I recommend it.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

limp_cheese posted:

Nah, I'm good. Let me run down the characters and see if we can get this puppy going.

Edit: Alright, we are MORE than set on tributes as you guys mentioned. I'll polish up the lineup tomorrow and hopefully we can get this running by afternoon time.

StupidSexyVaultGuy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 29, 2017

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Hell yeah I can't wait for this blood bath to start

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Ladies and gentlemen,

Your tributes for Season Eight!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tony Montana's gonna need a mountain of coke the size of Mt. Everest to get through his district :munch:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

And they're off!

Edit: Let's try that again...

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A whole herd of hamsters running away from the cornucopia.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Alright, full disclosure: I'm working on like five things and didn't sync up all of the images properly so...let's take it from the top and I promise to be good and not reset it this time. :(

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

This was what Iron Sheik did before officially setting off into the Hunger Games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHsNztphWQ

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
okay, a loot box sharing what it gathered is pretty hilarious.

overall i prefer this opening much more. fewer people died at the starting gun (though ayn rand did, which is :discourse:)

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm glad it restarted, being destroyed by a landmine seems like a very Dalek-y way to go.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I was hoping it didn't reset since so much was in character. Omar killing 2 fools was great. They came at the king, and they missed.

I'm sad Augustus is dead this time. I guess he didn't find Agrippa and knowing without him he's nothing just ended it right there.

I'm pretending there were signs saying "Dangerous Frozen Lake. Thin Ice" and didn't believe it because its probably incompetent government and walked on it anyways. Bonus points if people really wanted her help and she decided "gently caress them. I'm taking my poo poo and keaving."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:smithicide:Uncle Phil Gunman no!
:unsmith:Any Rand yes!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 29, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lmao at big smoke going down a line of hamsters, flicking them in the face really hard, then running off with some bread

GROVE STREET WOOOO!!

edit: I too am sad at Omar's first minute double kill being lost to the sands of time. carlton, you of all people come at the king? cmon.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nemesis Orcs arrow-proof stat will surely come in to play here.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Hard to complain about Ayn Rand immediately suffering a horrific death. Off to a great start!

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I'm adding plus two to Omar's kill count.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Caufman posted:

I'm adding plus two to Omar's kill count.

I will not hold that against you.

Moving on!

:mediocre:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Poor showing in both rounds, Carlton

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

The Queen of France continues the tradition of brutal murder and dancing in blood. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ronald McDonald getting fresh food...

someone is sponsoring irony.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How "fresh" is it according to franchise standards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like to think Phoenix Wright yelled "ERECTION!" and then killed the bulge.