Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anveo posted:

Pretty cool collection of some quality free Reaktor instruments & effects: http://boscomac.free.fr/index.php?p=rack

Ahh crap, so I need Reaktor to use these? They aren't regular old VSTs or AUs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Soundtoys is having a 48 hour sale to support flood relief. It's just the "little" editions of their plugs, but they're all marked down from $79-99 to $10 each. I already own them all, and they're universally fantastic. Little AlterBoy is my go-to pitch shifter for most applications, and I own stuff that costs a lot more.

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trig Discipline posted:

Soundtoys is having a 48 hour sale to support flood relief. It's just the "little" editions of their plugs, but they're all marked down from $79-99 to $10 each. I already own them all, and they're universally fantastic. Little AlterBoy is my go-to pitch shifter for most applications, and I own stuff that costs a lot more.

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/

Definitely jumping on this. Was this offered a year or two ago for free? Just curious, whether it was or wasn't isn't stopping me today :toot:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Definitely jumping on this. Was this offered a year or two ago for free? Just curious, whether it was or wasn't isn't stopping me today :toot:

There was a span of time where they offered each of the Little plugins for free for a week or two or something. Part of a holiday promotion, if I remember right. I'm not sure all of them were in it, in particular I don't think Little Echoboy has ever been free.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

There was a span of time where they offered each of the Little plugins for free for a week or two or something. Part of a holiday promotion, if I remember right. I'm not sure all of them were in it, in particular I don't think Little Echoboy has ever been free.

Ah, thanks.

EDIT: Just saw this. drat, there have been times where I just straight-up passed on some giveaway, because I thought I needed the dongle (that I might not be able to find anymore).

https://twitter.com/reaperblog/status/910216718206693376

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
They used to require a dongle, but not anymore. Pretty sure owning even 1 "Little" will get you a decent discount on the full bundle, so it's worth picking one up now if you ever plan on getting the bundle. IIRC they've done some pretty big black friday sales in the past, which is coming up (e.g. $300 for the whole bundle, even less if you own any individual products like these Littles).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, for some reason, Little Alterboy isn't showing up in Reaper. I've added (at least I thought I had) the proper folders to be discovered, I've activated the installation via the iLok app, rescanned/cleared cache for the VST database, and nothing. :smith: I can usually figure this stuff out, but it's not happening.

Running 64-bit Reaper, and installed the 64-bit version of Little Alterboy, but nothing works. I've restarted my PC twice now. Not the worst thing in the world, this is my work PC, so I'm just installing it here to try it out, not to really do anything productive.

I know that Reaper isn't one of the 'officially' supported DAWs, but it's a vst, so it should be working.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Huh, weird. I can't recall not having it show up in Reaper, but it's been a while since I had Reaper installed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Does anyone have any sort of review for the CODA sound pack for Serum? I'm VERY interested in it, as I might be soon working on an orchestral-synth hybrid score for a short film. Figured it would fit the bill perfectly... unless it totally sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pccnSdxFyQ

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I bought it on sale, there's a single-digit number of awesome patches and a lot of crud that sounds like 90s keyboard presets. Most of them just use the NOISE channel to play keytracked samples.

Check out this motherfucker if you have Zebra. Neff sometimes discounts it to $20.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

While not technically a VST, the Europa shapeshifting synth looks really exciting for anyone upgrading to Reason 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hpzm7KqKUQ

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Did anyone already mention soothe in this thread? I feel like I have to

I am not the kind of person who gets excited about mastering plugins at all. I have no idea why the industry keeps pumping out compressors and equalizers claiming to be new and revolutionary in some way. And you listen to the dry/wet comparison on the website and go uhhhh yes that sounds like a compressor? Why is it $100?

This one is €149 which is way more than i would normally consider paying for a vst that only does one thing. Having said that I played with the trial for 20 minutes and pretty much bought it on the spot. The example videos absolutely don't do it justice so I definitely recommend downloading the trial.

Basically it's an EQ which will automatically detect the resonant frequencies in realtime and apply notch filters over them. The notches will move up and down the frequency spectrum automatically, following the input. It makes everything sound amazing. They seem to be marketing it as a plugin for "subtle" corrections in vocals and that kind of poo poo but it can be used for more drastic cleanup. For my style of music it's really loving useful and automates a lot of my usual process.

If you tend to do a shitload of EQ'ing to remove mud and resonant frequencies from your tracks then it's definitely worth checking out.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Friendly PSA - if you ever see any of the Soundtoys “little” plugins being offered for super cheap/free (which seems to happen almost every year around the holidays), definitely pick them up! Not only are they generally pretty great, but if you have them on your account, they act as credit towards a purchase of the full Soundtoys suite (even if they were free)!
I ended up getting the full Soundtoys 5 Suite awhile back for like $120 (normally $500) simply by trading in all the free “little” licenses I had picked up last Christmas.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all, Soundtoys just released their first dedicated reverb plugin, and it's FREE for the moment.

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-plate/

Haven't tried it yet, but it's Soundtoys so I assume it sounds fantastic.

e: ooooooh it has an infinite reverb time setting! Does what I've been using Replika's diffusion mode for, but even more so!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Hey y'all, Soundtoys just released their first dedicated reverb plugin, and it's FREE for the moment.

e: ooooooh it has an infinite reverb time setting! Does what I've been using Replika's diffusion mode for, but even more so!

These guys are quickly becoming my favourite plugin developers. Wow. Thanks for the notice!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Trig Discipline posted:

Dang, this is really nice. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it because I didn't have soundtoys or ilok accounts, but yeah I really like this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

crimedog posted:

Dang, this is really nice. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it because I didn't have soundtoys or ilok accounts, but yeah I really like this.

I'm actually really glad that I got back into using my iLok account. If it had required the dongle, it'd be a no-go for me, since I don't know where that is anymore, but I updated all my info the last time Soundtoys had something on sale (Little Alter Boy, I think), and I was looking through my old registrations... ha, I have an expired license for the M-Powered version of Pro Tools 7 :stare:

Yeah, no thanks.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hey y'all, I have a Native Instruments $25 voucher that expires on 12/4 and I'm probably not going to use it. I'm not sure these are share-able, but if anyone wants to give it a shot the code is UGUN6CHY.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of Native Instruments, I just took the plunge and bought Komplete 11 for a hundred bucks (upgrade from Komplete 7), they are having a Thanksgiving sale with 50% off.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dang that's cheap!

I've already got K11U so there's not much there for me other than the new Symphony Series and Flesh. :-/

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Although Flesh does look awfully goddamn fun now that I check it out...dammit

e: I'm a loving idiot. I bought Flesh, went to install it, and realized I already own it. Trying to get a refund now.

e2: Well at least, like puberty, it finally got me to play with my Flesh. Highly recommended.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 14, 2017

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
There is still SLOO and SLOR, right?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not in the sale, as far as I can tell.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
the tim exile stuff is in a sale of its own edit2: https://shop.timexile.com/

edit: also the public beta for repro-5 started today https://www.u-he.com/cms/

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 17, 2017

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

wayfinder posted:

Speaking of Native Instruments, I just took the plunge and bought Komplete 11 for a hundred bucks (upgrade from Komplete 7), they are having a Thanksgiving sale with 50% off.

I'm debating this, but I'm sitting here wondering when Komplete 12 comes out and if it'll have something awesome I'll regret not waiting for, like Thrill (not that I have any real use for Thrill, but...).

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

someone use this NI voucher for a chunk off :

PF93A62K

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any affordable Autotune plugins with the Black Friday sale going on. The standard Autotune by Antares is still $350 which is way more than I want to spend. Hoping to spend around $100 for something that can do subtle autotune to T-pain.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any affordable Autotune plugins with the Black Friday sale going on. The standard Autotune by Antares is still $350 which is way more than I want to spend. Hoping to spend around $100 for something that can do subtle autotune to T-pain.

There's a feature-limited version of Melodyne that might suit, but I don't know if it has all the features you're going to want. I've mainly used it for pitch correction more than as a noticeable effect, so I don't know how T-painable it is.

Looks like it's on sale here: https://www.pluginboutique.com/prod...vgaAg2DEALw_wcB

Might be cheaper elsewhere on the web too; it does seem to go on sale quite often.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 24, 2017

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

MrSargent posted:

I got mine from Waves and it works fine. Now for $69 but I got mine for $29 in one of their sales. Also allows MIDI controlled pitch.

Little Alterboy is neat and now $49 but not what I would call fully featured autotune.

GVBX
Jan 17, 2014
hey guys, I mostly just lurk and get a lot of good information here, so I figured I could post about something I have experience with.

I was in a similar auto-tune situation, and just settled on auto-tune EFX 3. It does require an iLok (at least at the time I purchased it), but can do t-pain and various other effects flawlessly.

It was I believe $120 when I bought it, but I’ve seen it priced around $99 when I googled it today. The only thing I haven’t tried it for is actual pitch correction, as I was just interested in sounding like a sad robot.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Laserjet 4P posted:

I got mine from Waves and it works fine. Now for $69 but I got mine for $29 in one of their sales. Also allows MIDI controlled pitch.

Little Alterboy is neat and now $49 but not what I would call fully featured autotune.

The Waves Vocal bundle is pretty reasonably priced and includes their autotune plus some pretty nice de-breath/de-esser plugins. Currently $70.

https://www.waves.com/bundles/vocal

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Laserjet 4P posted:

Yeah that's really a formant-based pitch shifter rather than an autotune-ish thing. It's fantastic, though, and can be used for some really crazy weirdness.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Laserjet 4P posted:

The Waves Bundle looks nice but all the reviews mention doing slight pitch correction with the Waves Tune and I want to be sure it is capable of going full throttle into T-pain and Cher territory. I have the Nectar 2 Production Suite which does a lot of things nicely, but as far as I can tell, it cannot produce that kind of sound.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

MrSargent posted:

The Waves Bundle looks nice but all the reviews mention doing slight pitch correction with the Waves Tune and I want to be sure it is capable of going full throttle into T-pain and Cher territory. I have the Nectar 2 Production Suite which does a lot of things nicely, but as far as I can tell, it cannot produce that kind of sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo6WKTpVByU

Note that, looking at screenshots, Nectar's pitch editor also allows you to crank up strength and speed to the max and to turn down the amount of vibrato to zip for what should be as similar an effect as it can produce. Soundonsound's review calls it able to produce a hard tuned, robotic sound.

The thing is that this type of sound is easy and natural for an autotune type of plugin to produce and lots of their controls are there to pull things back to something more natural sounding. So any plugin unable to produce the ballpark sound would be actively shielding you from it by only allowing you to manipulate the parameters within 'safe' ranges. Considering that people have been wanting to use autotune for this type of effect for years, that seems like it would be a silly move.

If it's close enough or whether you find something still to be unique about actual AutoTune, I can't tell, obviously.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Welp, looks like I just picked up the V-Station & Bass Station bundle at plugin boutique for 15 bucks... And now I'm looking at ANA 2. :sigh:

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
V-station is really great.

Also the repro-5 is loving amazing.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm contemplating getting Komplete 11 in the sale. I think the last Komplete I got was 9, but I've bought some things solo in the past few years. Really the only things that are of vague interest to me that I don't have already are Form, Rounds, and Kontour. Are those three alone worth $99? I haven't had a chance to check out Form at all, how similar/different is it from other sampler-centric synths like Iris?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

I haven't had a chance to check out Form at all, how similar/different is it from other sampler-centric synths like Iris?

I have the same question, but more in relation to Alchemy. :shobon:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Form lets you do less with a sample than Iris. Alchemy is completely different; see it more as the poor man’s Omnisphere in that has different synthesis methods per layer.

wayfinder posted:

Welp, looks like I just picked up the V-Station & Bass Station bundle at plugin boutique for 15 bucks... And now I'm looking at ANA 2. :sigh:

Air Hybrid 3 is literally one quid and every expansion too, thanks for the tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The problem i have with NI stuff, and most VSTs is that i just want everything to work more like Serum.