Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Still less disturbing and more realistic than mustache less superman

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

That's the Bill Murray Superman

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I saw Cap at the store the other day.

Pez is idiots.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

"There, the terrorists will never mess with us AGAIN"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

Don't forget its founder literally being friends with both Hitler and Mussolini.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I doubt it's aimed at middle-class people but otherwise that's correct

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Phlegmish posted:

I doubt it's aimed at middle-class people but otherwise that's correct

It very much is. It's FYGM in its purest form.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

you're right, it was photoshopped. Here's the original one

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Yessssss

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Samuringa posted:

It's ok, I fixed it

:perfect:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lady, that is not how you sit in an empty wheelchair :colbert:.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

:wow:

you have a good dog

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know I thought the Christmas tree at the end of an ominous hallway was amusing on its own.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

rodbeard posted:

I don't know I thought the Christmas tree at the end of an ominous hallway was amusing on its own.

If you don't think the Silent Hill Christmas hallway was funny then you don't have a functioning sense of humor.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who What Now posted:

If you don't think the Silent Hill Christmas hallway was funny then you don't have a functioning sense of humor.

I thought that was a Dark Souls reference?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bAbAHAdAd/status/935189196913831937

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

PowderKeg posted:

Made a video of my dog's goofy yawn..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6F8ZzmJxzw

Went back and changed the audio..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1pyCBTMRo

I liked the misfire.

Pedigree.com posted:

In the language of dogs, the yawn is often used as a calming signal. It's a way of saying, I've had enough and my patience is running out. For example, in a training session, your dog may yawn to deal with frustration and to give himself a mental break. The next time your dog yawns while you're training him, try showing him you got the message by reducing your intensity or changing your approach.

A yawn may indicate anticipation or stress, too. Your dog may yawn repeatedly when he's waiting in the vet's office as a way of dealing with nervousness. Sometimes dogs yawn in anticipation of something enjoyable, such as a walk—this is a way of controlling his enthusiasm.

Of course, there are times when a yawn is, well, just a yawn. The best way to understand the real meaning of the gesture is to look at the situation. If he yawns while stretched out comfortably on his bed, he’s probably just tired. If you're training or playing with your dog and he yawns, he may be asking for a little break.

All of the other sites just said your dog is nervous and described a yawn as always being a sign of nervousness or fear. But that is a happy dog so I chose pedigree’s article to quote.

Bored has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Nov 29, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

And I bet it's on a truck, too :sigh:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rumda posted:

It very much is. It's FYGM in its purest form.

The equivalent newspaper (though much less idiotic and offensive) in Flanders is seen as more of a lower-class thing, whereas the respectable middle-class people only read 'quality' newspapers. I'll take your word for it though, I don't know what the Mail's demographics are.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Phlegmish posted:

The equivalent newspaper (though much less idiotic and offensive) in Flanders is seen as more of a lower-class thing, whereas the respectable middle-class people only read 'quality' newspapers. I'll take your word for it though, I don't know what the Mail's demographics are.

We have the S*n for working class racists

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Pick posted:

the wind cries Hugh... Hugh...

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

Pick posted:

It looks like a van for transporting wheelchairs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Mail is also read by poor people who like to pretend they're middle class

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

...you do know what you just described right?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bored posted:

I liked the misfire.

All of the other sites just said your dog is nervous and described a yawn as always being a sign of nervousness or fear. But that is a happy dog so I chose pedigree’s article to quote.

Yawning is basically the dog trying to calm itself down. It can be because its scared or anxious or nervous but my sister's dog does it all the time when someone is getting ready to walk her, and she fukken loves walkies.

From the rest of that dog's body language it's not upset at all, its just excited and trying to keep calm.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Breitbart?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Trump?

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.

Phlegmish posted:

The Daily Mail is for the British equivalent of Soccer Moms - reactionary stay-at-home housewives who are convinced that Muslims give you cancer despite never having met one. It's also famous for its obsession with house prices, and how asylum-seeking Aids gypsies are going to lower them (this is bad, apparently, despite our appalling housing shortage and consequently insane house prices). The Sun is for racist truck drivers. The Daily Express is for Council estate harridans who are still mourning princess Diana, a woman who wouldn't have bothered scraping them off the bottom of her overpriced shoes. The Telegraph is a broadsheet for retired colonels who want to bring back foxhunting and re-colonise India.

Market segments, we got 'em.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

rodbeard posted:

It is, but what makes it funny is that fact that these are the decorations of Melania Trump

https://twitter.com/StephGrisham45/status/934945910467031041

I don't know how she could make a more obvious cry for help.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe they shouldnt have touched the orb

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Who What Now posted:

it's only funny if someone photoshops in a bunch of "jokes"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I kinda like it. It brings the terror of being alone in a monochromatic nightmare forest together with the impending home invasion of a gift giving elf. Really illustrates the odd and frightening traditions we celebrate without question.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I kinda like it. It brings the terror of being alone in a monochromatic nightmare forest together with the impending home invasion of a gift giving elf. Really illustrates the odd and frightening traditions we celebrate without question.

Look, Melania is from Eastern Europe, and probably misses her home country. Is it really that bad she added some Eastern European flavour to decorations?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sandoz posted:

it's only funny if someone photoshops in a bunch of "jokes"

It probably also helps to not be someone notorious for aggressively unfunny pics.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're just getting what you deserve buddy for taking the Hanzo steel to that poor woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo