Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

Ughhh.

On one hand it would be great to see a competent FF movie and like Dr Doom fight the Avengers and all that, but at this rate there's gonna be like 3 media conglomerates that own everything in 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

"Marvel movie without the polish" kind of sums up most of the DCEU output tbh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Surprised Fox hasn't made a Stardust the Superwizard cartoon for Fox News.

And I know Iron Man 2 isn't good, but dammit, I still enjoy it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Surprised Fox hasn't made a Stardust the Superwizard cartoon for Fox News.

I'm more surprised nobody's done a parody comic replacing Stardust with Donald Trump, not least because I imagine that's what goes on in Donald Trump's mind anyway.

Edit: Actual photo of a meeting of the Donald Trump re-election campaign committee:

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 29, 2017

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

"Marvel movie without the polish" kind of sums up most of the DCEU output tbh.

Eh, obviously opinions will vary, but while MoS and BvS may have a bit of rough editing, visually it's miles ahead of almost everything in marvel, and the characters imo have had a lot more thought put in to them. Wonder Woman is kind of the other side of that coin, in that it's not as visually interesting but it has more polish.

Edit: I will say Thor 3 was the most visually interesting of the Marvel movies, by a longshot. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cyborg had a little coda with his dad in the montage where he was smiling and his body morphed into something more like the cartoon design

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The fact that baby driver is on that list and the big sick isn't is loving absurd and completely invalidates it

Yes, but Patti Cake$ is on their list of best indie movies, so that re-validates it. :colbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

McCloud posted:

Eh, obviously opinions will vary, but while MoS and BvS may have a bit of rough editing, visually it's miles ahead of almost everything in marvel, and the characters imo have had a lot more thought put in to them. Wonder Woman is kind of the other side of that coin, in that it's not as visually interesting but it has more polish.

Edit: I will say Thor 3 was the most visually interesting of the Marvel movies, by a longshot. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.
I think you'll find that your opinion is a fairly minority one if you think that MoS and BvS were visually interesting and simply had rough editing.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I think you'll find that your opinion is a fairly minority one if you think that MoS and BvS were visually interesting and simply had rough editing.

I think most people can knowledge that that MoS and BvS was beautifully shot, "IN COLOR" jokes notwithstanding.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
:siren:
Infinity War trailer.
:siren:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

My favourite thing about Justice League is that there wasn't really any sort of resolution to the Cyborg subplot with his father. He rescues him from Steppenwolf, and that's about it. Did he even get any sort of coda like Barry did visiting his dad, or Aquaman returning to his home planet the sea?

The resolution was kind of Cyborg embracing his robotey powers to save him, and then taking on a less freaky to humans look at the end.

But yeah reportedly most of what was cut was Cyborg stuff.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Get this man a shield."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CG purple Bruce Willis looks hilariously great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Well, if anyone was wondering about The Vision...and looks like Stark also gets killed.

Also, Thor's missing his eye too, so continuity validated!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Now those are some CGI lips!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I
Am
Excite

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's significantly worse than the Comic Con one. Just release the Comic Con one!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

McCloud posted:

I think most people can knowledge that that MoS and BvS was beautifully shot, "IN COLOR" jokes notwithstanding.

I'm not sure how true this is. I mean Snyder's movies are definitely shot in a less "Looks like a nice TV show" fashion than the majority of Marvel movies, but I also think people are so in love with say, the moments from the original Man of Steel trailer that they forget about the lovely zwee fighting from that climax, or stupid poo poo like the Knightmare sequence which looked like about the dullest post apocalyptic vision of a horrible future I've ever seen

also that infinity trailer is pretty neat but Thanos really comes across as a purple,mid-tier, pro wrestling heel... but now that I think about it, that's kind of what he is (in not necessarily a bad way, but the people who are constantly carping about these movies needing to be more EPIC and have more STAKES and be MORE SERIOUS are probably not going to like it)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Sooo, is that Ouroboros-thing a carryover from comics or anything, cause it kinda looks like it's very important but I have no idea what it was actually doing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm not sure how true this is. I mean Snyder's movies are definitely shot in a less "Looks like a nice TV show" fashion than the majority of Marvel movies, but I also think people are so in love with say, the moments from the original Man of Steel trailer that they forget about the lovely zwee fighting from that climax, or stupid poo poo like the Knightmare sequence which looked like about the dullest post apocalyptic vision of a horrible future I've ever seen

I agree with this, except a lot of the shots in BvS' Knightmare sequence are pretty dope imo. Visually I thought it was cool, but the fight choreography and the way the sequence was implemented in the film left a bit to be desired. But yeah, I think it's arguable that general audiences don't really care for or are even aware of things like cinematography where things like lightning techniques, color theory, and scene composition are artistic avenues for a director and his DP to convey emotion and tell a narrative. Which is fair, since sometimes stuff like that isn't easily recognizable when watching a movie.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hmmm, lots of little details in that trailer, assuming it's accurate. Wonder how much of it would actually be in the final film.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So there is a casting call for two younger children for Infinity War and that has lead to speculation that these may be for the roles of Wanda and Vision’s kids

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

So there is a casting call for two younger children for Infinity War and that has lead to speculation that these may be for the roles of Wanda and Vision’s kids

I didn't see Marisa Tomei in that trailer. Are we sure one of those kids isn't the new Aunt May?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I could buy them being Tony's kids. Even if they're not Pepper's, would anyone really be surprised if he had a couple of children out of wedlock?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Get this man a shield."
Can't wait for this line to get cut from the final film.

Lobok posted:

I didn't see Marisa Tomei in that trailer. Are we sure one of those kids isn't the new Aunt May?
The kids are half of Power Pack. :ssh:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

I know a quick way to confirm - check whether Sony has recently obtained the rights to Spy Kids.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Franklin and Valeria Richards.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ojjeorago posted:

Franklin and Valeria Richards.
"Where are your parents?"
"THEY'RE DEAD TO US"

(When Disney buys Fox, Franklin can just imagine them back into existence)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just realized Hawkeye wasn't in the trailer. Unless I missed a quick shot of him, lmao.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

maybe Disney has already made a secret deal with fox, and its the two Richards kids.

**beaten like a foiled Dr doom**

badjohny fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 29, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Significantly more Wong than expected.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean we knew that was coming with Vision, but still....

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat Hickman must be pretty loving excited to see Infinity turned into a movie. Between the black order and now outriders(!!!) showing up I’m super loving hyped for this movie.

Black Bolt wasting in TV land makes me super sad, he and Maximus should be all up in this poo poo.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Only Lockjaw can save the day!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

teagone posted:

I just realized Hawkeye wasn't in the trailer. Unless I missed a quick shot of him, lmao.

No Ant Man or Wasp either. Isn't Ant Man and the Wasp rumored to feature Hawkeye in the main cameo role?

Also didn't see Rhodey or Valkyrie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

No Ant Man or Wasp either. Isn't Ant Man and the Wasp rumored to feature Hawkeye in the main cameo role?

Also didn't see Rhodey or Valkyrie.
The War Machine suit is in that last shot of those heroes running

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

War Machine is in that last everyone runs to the camera scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Valkyrie is probably in the part where Thanos attacks the Asgard ship.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Feige has already said that Ant Man and Wasp have bigger roles in Avengers 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Wakanda battle looks loving insane.

Also probably confirms that the soul stone is there. And what are the two stones that Thanos has on the gauntlet? Space and reality?

• Locked thread