Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

unfuckingbelievable

im out. i think im done with the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ramadu posted:

unfuckingbelievable

im out. i think im done with the game

lol I just crunched the numbers and once this sale is over it will take an average of 18,000 crystals just to roll ONE of the two new loot crate heroes

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 29, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

did 10 pull

rofl

edit whoops wrong c/p

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 29, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Blue Marvel is pretty good, too. Soloed a floor 2 rumble almost without taking a hit.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ramadu posted:

did 10 pull

rofl

edit whoops wrong c/p

Cool now you just need to do 8 more 10 pulls to have a better than even chance of getting him again to contribute towards T2 bios

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fart simpson posted:

Cool now you just need to do 8 more 10 pulls to have a better than even chance of getting him again to contribute towards T2 bios

Yeah. I'm just buirniung the crystals i had saved up from before. My starks stash ran out 2 days ago and my bio sub from valk runs out tomorrow so I'm clean. Just using it all up before I quit. The characters are basically my endgame so this is a

SLAP IN THE FACE

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

Yeah. I'm just buirniung the crystals i had saved up from before. My starks stash ran out 2 days ago and my bio sub from valk runs out tomorrow so I'm clean. Just using it all up before I quit. The characters are basically my endgame so this is a

SLAP IN THE FACE

rip

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So Marvel Heroes is officially dead so I figured I'd jump back into this one and see whats new alrighty then I'll just show myself out have a good one folks.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

asros poisoned it so quick i cant believe it

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

The only answer for this patch.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Anti-Man is literally Jean Grey with Storm as a cherry on top.

Good luck with that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

People who play this game and post in here really seem to live and die by updates. Its really extreme reactions each time. I guess I understand if you've mastered everything you hope each update gives you something new to keep your interest, but luckily I'm not there yet.

It kinda sucks those two characters are so hard to get (but realistically I expect if I wait long enough they'll become more readily available somehow) but I'm still playing the game I was enjoying yesterday and it actually got a little easier the characters that are cheaper to T2 and them throwing the cinematic thing on the board. And there's a new challenge in an extra stage of story missions. So its not a big update I'm excited by but its hardly something I'm going to burn the game over. I can get Miss America and Blue Marvel, and eventually Quasar. If I can't get Nova and that guy with the name and outfit I can't take seriously then oh well. It sucks but I'll live.

I got plenty of other stuff to do and there will be another update with new stuff soon enough.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 29, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

STAC Goat posted:

People who play this game and post in here really seem to live and die by updates. Its really extreme reactions each time. I guess I understand if you've mastered everything you hope each update gives you something new to keep your interest, but luckily I'm not there yet.

It kinda sucks those two characters are so hard to get (but realistically I expect if I wait long enough they'll become more readily available somehow) but I'm still playing the game I was enjoying yesterday and it actually got a little easier the characters that are cheaper to T2 and them throwing the cinematic thing on the board. And there's a new challenge in an extra stage of story missions. So its not a big update I'm excited by but its hardly something I'm going to burn the game over. I can get Miss America and Blue Marvel, and eventually Quasar. If I can't get Nova and that guy with the name and outfit I can't take seriously then oh well. It sucks but I'll live.

I got plenty of other stuff to do and there will be another update with new stuff soon enough.

you're not getting it. you're approaching the game from where we were like a year and ahalf ago. for us the game quite literally is getting the new dudes. thats on top of the whole idiotic gatcha boxes. did you look at them? not just the cost but its any non paywall hero and a force from 3* - 6* thats a horrible ratio. and you have to do that to t2. like i have 61 t2s and greywords has like 75. you can't even finish shadowlands.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
All that's fine and well, but I finally T2ed M.O.D.O.K., Black Panther, Kingpin, and Lucas P. Cage naturally, so all in all, I'm quite happy with this patch.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

The point is this predatory poo poo will keep happening if this turns out to be profitable, and they've started down that path. MFF never had gambling in the same way that Puzzle and Dragons, Contest of Champions or countless other games do.

In the earlier days of mobile gaming, I was a huge loving idiot and didn't pay attention to what I was spending, and dumped literal thousands of dollars on stupid eggs in a slot machine phone game for Puzzle and Dragons. Really loving dumb. SO dumb. You press the button and money is gone. It's about taking advantage of people with addictive tendencies that they might not be aware of. Some people are above this and have control - but a lot of people don't have that. Like most addictions, very similar to drugs or alcohol, it's not until poo poo has become a real life problem that you step back and realize you hosed up.

It's disgraceful on NMs part because it's jumping on the bandwagon the game industry is rolling on and capitalizing on gambling addiction, which is a very real problem for people, especially when it comes to kids. And a LOT of kids play this game.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Ramadu posted:

you're not getting it. you're approaching the game from where we were like a year and ahalf ago. for us the game quite literally is getting the new dudes. thats on top of the whole idiotic gatcha boxes. did you look at them? not just the cost but its any non paywall hero and a force from 3* - 6* thats a horrible ratio. and you have to do that to t2. like i have 61 t2s and greywords has like 75. you can't even finish shadowlands.

Maybe you should have played more slowly. What was the rush? It's about the journey, not the :smugdon:

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Tom Gorman posted:

The point is this predatory poo poo will keep happening if this turns out to be profitable, and they've started down that path. MFF never had gambling in the same way that Puzzle and Dragons, Contest of Champions or countless other games do.

In the earlier days of mobile gaming, I was a huge loving idiot and didn't pay attention to what I was spending, and dumped literal thousands of dollars on stupid eggs in a slot machine phone game for Puzzle and Dragons. Really loving dumb. SO dumb. You press the button and money is gone. It's about taking advantage of people with addictive tendencies that they might not be aware of. Some people are above this and have control - but a lot of people don't have that. Like most addictions, very similar to drugs or alcohol, it's not until poo poo has become a real life problem that you step back and realize you hosed up.

It's disgraceful on NMs part because it's jumping on the bandwagon the game industry is rolling on and capitalizing on gambling addiction, which is a very real problem for people, especially when it comes to kids. And a LOT of kids play this game.

This is it exactly. The only bits of gambling the game had were only to absolutely min-max your way to the top. Yes, paywall characters existed, but they were a guarantee if you paid for it. Magneto was a kinda irritating thing, but he was again, a guaranteed character, and an extra stage to farm mutie mats.

This is the antithesis to everything that Marbu had done to keep us as customers. And as such, they're losing us.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I feel like, for all the thoughts that this was something planned that came out in spite of all the news, it could actually also be a panic response- Disney just shut down one of the big free-to-play Marvel games, there's a lot of paranoia that lootboxes might get banned entirely in large chunks of the US and EU soon, and someone at Netmarble might have gone 'look, we HAVE to do it now or we're never going to be able to and thus get that sweet, sweet whale money', and just kinda screwed up the whole thing.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I do fear for myself, I'll admit that. I feel very tempted to just buying the pack with 11k crystals in it, even though there's no way in hell I can afford that at the moment.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I think they've been planning something like this since before the apocalypse update. That's when they added the new visual effects when you open a chest.

I had some crystals so I opened a ten pack and got Nova. Then I deleted the game. It was a good run. It's a pity it had to end in such a way.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

So this happened checking the game inbox this morning. That seems... weird.

vv Ah. Well, I got Sam, and I could hardly give a poo poo about Anti-Man, even if this whole thing feels scummy as hell, but... I'm gonna have enough T2 stuff on my plate with the Story Characters that hopefully they'll have A-Forced this by the time I'm done. If they double down... well, it was fun while it lasted. vv

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 29, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's to subsidize the cost of your first Ultimate x10 pull. First one's free, and all...

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

KaosMachina posted:

So this happened checking the game inbox this morning. That seems... weird.

This is exactly what EA is going to do as soon as it feels the heat is off. Offer in game currency, change nothing about exploitative loot box system.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'll just quickly note that the Story Character cost reduction also reduced rank-ups. It's now 160 bios to go from 5 to 6 stars.

anyway back to the lovely lootboxes

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'll just quickly note that the Story Character cost reduction also reduced rank-ups. It's now 160 bios to go from 5 to 6 stars.

anyway back to the lovely lootboxes

Oh yeah. More specifically, to break it down- it's half cost for rank-ups, gear bios costs never increase, and it's half cost for materials to hit T2 (but not gold) for all the characters you get from chapters 1-8.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally all of you jerks will have to quit and come play LOVELIVE! SCHOOL IDOL FESTIVAL.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
so, uh

yall wanna check out my camp on animal crossing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soooo is this is a bad time to maybe come back? I haven’t played since... Dr Strange?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Soooo is this is a bad time to maybe come back? I haven’t played since... Dr Strange?

They added some loot box characters in this most recent patch - that's the only complaint. If you haven't played since strange they added X-men and a bunch of QoL improvements.

The game itself hasn't particularly changed one way or the other.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

It's still worth playing if you enjoyed the basic game, I am not planning on spending any more money on it till I see how they handle the lootbox thing, if that becomes a trend I will probably just continue playing it casually but not spending any money anymore, (till it shuts down like MH RIP)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The lootbox poo poo is dumb but like... it's just another bunch of extremely overpowered paywall characters for ultra whales. Doesn't really upset me that much. I never spent money on this game anyway.

The reduction for ranking up and T2ing early story mode characters is pretty good, so is getting uru from the new stages.

I mean, if they keep putting 80% of the new characters behind lootboxes it will be bad.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

WarEternal posted:

I mean, if they keep putting 80% of the new characters behind lootboxes it will be bad.

Which is why this needs to be protested now before it gets any worse.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The pay model of these games was already inherently extremely abusive, paying any amount at all into a game like this is a bad move, so I just find it kind of funny when people react to them catering to dumb whales as if they haven't been doing just that the entire time.

Hell, just look at the new insanely overpowered custom gears from the last patch, it's the same poo poo but barely anyone complained.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Which is why this needs to be protested now before it gets any worse.

Well, I'm already not going to spend crystals on the thing so...

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

WarEternal posted:

Hell, just look at the new insanely overpowered custom gears from the last patch, it's the same poo poo but barely anyone complained.

The difference here is there's no quest for 'gain anti-man and Nova by doing this other stuff' like there was for the CTPs- it's literally just 'drop some crystals, kiddies, if you want a chance at it'. Even Magneto... I mean, you pay the crystals, and it's an absurd number of them... but it just GIVES you your 6* Magneto and the quest to get bios for him after that.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Hey for all you people complaining about this change maybe stop spending crystals (or money) on the loot boxes. Multiple people in here have already done it and my alliance is lighting up with lootbox related accomplishments.

By buying into it your justifying the existence of lootboxes and therefore you're the problem. The only message Netmarble is going to take away from that is "well these people are all idiots who don't do what they say they're going to do".

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shappa posted:

Hey for all you people complaining about this change maybe stop spending crystals (or money) on the loot boxes. Multiple people in here have already done it and my alliance is lighting up with lootbox related accomplishments.

By buying into it your justifying the existence of lootboxes and therefore you're the problem. The only message Netmarble is going to take away from that is "well these people are all idiots who don't do what they say they're going to do".

They gave us 1750 crystals for free and the first pull is guaranteed to give you one of the new dudes. If you still see the same people lighting up for buying the boxes in a few days then you're correct.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I tried to beat 12-7 last night, this time using Wolverine with Beast lead and Valkyrie in party (does Surtur count as a super villain for her T2 shield maiden boost?). I got him to about half, had a few close calls but it was easy to avoid his attacks at first so I could heal up. My 5 whiffed quite a few times. I didn't see the unhittable icon up, but the skill would go on cooldown and Wolverine would just stand there, so that didn't help. Eventually Surtur just one shot me and I'm not sure how. Do I need to buckle down and figure out cards and work on getting my isos from 4 to 6 stars? Or keep practicing until I figure out Surtur's attacks and avoid them better? I'll try again tonight with Dr. Strange but don't have ancient one to T2 yet, so that's some damage left on the table. And I don't have Jean yet, I'm almost to my second T2 mutant.

My Beast, Wolverine and Valkyrie party are 16,331 Team ATK. Hela, Sharog and Valk are 17,017 - Sharon does more damage but doesn't have Wolverine's recovery. Recommended ATK for the level is 22,725. I could probably plow through it continuing with gems but that seems like a waste, especially if Odin is harder. It would be nice to get to chapter 13 if its easier to get event currency this week for the T2 ticket but I'm thinking my account isn't up for it until I get Jean or upgrade my cards (I just have a random bunch of 3-5 stars I equipped a few months ago).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah the "OH WELL UNINSTALLED" responses are really eye-rolly to me.

If people just don't buy the loot boxes then the message will get through that they shouldn't do it. Marry that with all the heat on their social media posts then they'll likely change how to get those characters. Netmarble doesn't even really do they same method of unlocking new characters 3-4 times in a row. Yes it is stupid, yes there are ways to protest it without acting like a family member was murdered and hopefully they change course and if they don't and release another round of lootbox-only characters then more rash outlashes would be appropriate.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

I tried to beat 12-7 last night, this time using Wolverine with Beast lead and Valkyrie in party (does Surtur count as a super villain for her T2 shield maiden boost?). I got him to about half, had a few close calls but it was easy to avoid his attacks at first so I could heal up. My 5 whiffed quite a few times. I didn't see the unhittable icon up, but the skill would go on cooldown and Wolverine would just stand there, so that didn't help. Eventually Surtur just one shot me and I'm not sure how. Do I need to buckle down and figure out cards and work on getting my isos from 4 to 6 stars? Or keep practicing until I figure out Surtur's attacks and avoid them better? I'll try again tonight with Dr. Strange but don't have ancient one to T2 yet, so that's some damage left on the table. And I don't have Jean yet, I'm almost to my second T2 mutant.

My Beast, Wolverine and Valkyrie party are 16,331 Team ATK. Hela, Sharog and Valk are 17,017 - Sharon does more damage but doesn't have Wolverine's recovery. Recommended ATK for the level is 22,725. I could probably plow through it continuing with gems but that seems like a waste, especially if Odin is harder. It would be nice to get to chapter 13 if its easier to get event currency this week for the T2 ticket but I'm thinking my account isn't up for it until I get Jean or upgrade my cards (I just have a random bunch of 3-5 stars I equipped a few months ago).

I had trouble too till I put a 1* mastery Red Hulk as my lead, the immune to burn made it a ton easier, might have to kite a few times on Wolverine to get health up but other than that it was pretty straightforward, used a 3* Red Hulk with 1* mastery as lead then Wolvie and Strange but never had to swap to Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/935810704237649920