Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll at least has forward facing people who make the company seem fun and connected with the fandom, so it's way more palatable to me than Amazon trying to silently muscle in... and mostly doing so by just getting licenses from Sentai. meanwhile Sentai can't offload everything to them so you've got really sad shows languishing on HiDive. when it comes to Netflix, they're taking more of a producer role with their acquisitions, so I can at least see they're financially supporting the industry directly, and I'm forgiving that they have a different audience and production pipeline that doesn't match with simulcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

^^^

Yeah, cr at least seems like a lot of the people there actually enjoy anime and are excited about it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah everyone I know at Crunchyroll legit likes it so I do have a bit of a bias

The Colonel posted:

what's the severity for being friends with miles and watching something on a terrible pirate streaming site
I'm friends of friends with miles and im terrified to know, i fear and respect him

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
do what I do and subscribe to everything :shepspends:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if i did that, how could i afford my underwear, socks, meal box, snack box, and razor blade subscriptions?!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

if i did that, how could i afford my underwear, socks, meal box, snack box, and razor blade subscriptions?!

Don't forget the wine, mattress, and bed sheets subscriptions.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

mattress subscription new mattress every month

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

an actual dog posted:

It makes me sad that I can't rec Land of the Lustrous, Girls' Last Tour, and Just Because to a lot of folks they're not on crunchy :(

Teach your friends how to use utorrent or whatever it's probably more moral than giving money to amazon

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

you could make a relatively easy case for how Nero isnt as nuanced in recent appearances like Extella or Septem in Fate/Grand Order. if anything, that these two things have formed many new fans' first impressions of Nero is a good and not lazy reason to cast her in the main role for an adaptation of a game where she gets a lot of characterization they aren't familiar with.

anyways we barely know whats up with the anime except for the leading impression's we've gleaned from the PVs. maybe withhold the 1/10 MAL review score until you've actually seen the show

Which guys that I want to gently caress are in the new Fate anime

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Which guys that I want to gently caress are in the new Fate anime

Can’t speak for your specific tastes, but the usual favourites EMIYA and Cuchulainn do show up. Also, Gilgamesh appears in the sequel, and he’s actually kind of charming this time around.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

I got your underwear needs covered right here

I listen to Bill Burr's dumb podcast way too much

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like you listen to any podcast too much.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Podcasts are great for learning new things, or just hearing genuinely hilarious/heartwarming/horrific tales. :shobon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I will take no guff whatsoever from a man made out of Waffle! :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The joke is that Meundies advertises on possibly an excessive number of podcasts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The joke is that Meundies advertises on possibly an excessive number of podcasts.
I see! Well, I like them boxers regardless. :)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Podcasts are great for learning new things, or just hearing genuinely hilarious/heartwarming/horrific tales. :shobon:
Here's a favorite of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_H2vAadfA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

after extensive research, ive determined everyone who posted about land of the lustrous not being about gender is a moron

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Can’t speak for your specific tastes, but the usual favourites EMIYA and Cuchulainn do show up. Also, Gilgamesh appears in the sequel, and he’s actually kind of charming this time around.

I do like Emiya. Any non F/SN dudes?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

after extensive research, ive determined everyone who posted about land of the lustrous not being about gender is a moron

hell,

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I do like Emiya. Any non F/SN dudes?
Gawain is decent, but he's only really interesting in CCC. In Extra he's just kind of a jerk since he's an antagonist. Li Shuwen is really forgettable. Robin Hood is really good, but doesn't get much screentime. All the masters in Fate/Extra are pretty bland.

Really, Fate/Extra in general is pretty bland. CCC is the best thing Nasu's ever been involved in but the first game is mostly just a few amusing characters stapled to a really boring plot with a bunch of characters who get no screentime. CCC does a ton to flesh out everyone from extra and give the story actual themes and poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
one day i will get into fate i swear

Endorph posted:

i just wanna say i watched the first three eps of land of the lustrous with friends tonight and this show seems v. good

i also picked made in abyss back up and maybe i can finish both that and lol before the end of year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

land of the lustrous is insanely good

i love my agemder friends

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

fate is bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

fate is bad
fate/stay night is good but has huge pacing problems, fate/zero is bad, fate/hollow ataraxia is incredibly good but only functions as an addendum to fate/stay night, fate/extra is mediocre, fate/extra ccc is one of the best RPGs ever made, fate/grand order is a decent mobile game with some moments of incredible writing, fate/apocrypha is bad, fate/prototype fragments is bad, fate/extella is meh

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

:agreed: It's a fantastic story

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

land of the lustrous is bad great

Expect My Mom posted:

one day i will get into fate i swear

I just started dipping my toes in. It's actually not too hard to get into.

Futaba Anzu posted:

fate is bad
I'm having a lot of fun with Unlimited Blade Works. It's kind of dumb and plodding at times, but I'm having a lot of fun with the characters and their crazy wizard plot twists.

The basic premise is so much fun that I wish the show would let itself have a little more fun. I know it's capable of it: there's occasional bits of inspired humor. It's just that, for an anime with a plot that most closely resembles The Ultimate Battle of Ultimate Destiny, the whole thing is so self-serious most of the time.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 29, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime adaptation does kind of cut some of the humor for time. plus a lot of the humor in the visual novel came from the tiger dojos, the things you got when you went down a wrong route, which obviously aren't in the anime. F/SN is a little self-serious, but the anime adaptations excise pretty much all of its sillier beats.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

the anime adaptation does kind of cut some of the humor for time. plus a lot of the humor in the visual novel came from the tiger dojos, the things you got when you went down a wrong route, which obviously aren't in the anime. F/SN is a little self-serious, but the anime adaptations excise pretty much all of its sillier beats.

Fate/Zero having Tiger DojosEinzberg Consultation Rooms will always be one of the good bits of the anime. It also ends in a nice hopeful note too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

More like Fate/Zero.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

hell yeah im excited to watch more of it

Eela6 posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Unlimited Blade Works. It's kind of dumb and plodding at times, but I'm having a lot of fun with the characters and their crazy wizard plot twists.
I wanna check out the original visnov cause i read really fast but i've never used a computer in my life so idk there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could read the lp

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Fate/Zero had Iskander, so it's okay in my book.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/935817200060862464

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am simultaneously insanely happy because Chihayafuru is life and I never broke down and read the manga so it'll all be new, but also sad because it has been a drat long time since S1/2 so I remember nothing about how it ended. oh noooo gotta watch Chihayafuru again woe is me

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It'll probably be a pachinko game

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:peanut:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

get hype for competitive poetry recognition!

no really, get hype

I said get hype, goddammit! :argh:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Don't get hype for baseless speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

you could read the lp
Oh poo poo this is true

• Locked thread