Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

Has Superman ever lifted an entire planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wait wait wait planets have no weight in space so that doesn't count.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Katt posted:

Wait wait wait planets have no weight in space so that doesn't count.

They have mass and you still must exert force to push the object. This is a common misconception. Weightless does not mean you can lift anything.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also, there's this from All-Star Superman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A plot point in Infinite Crisis was Superboy Prime pushing uhhhh Rann? Thanagar? closer to the other.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I haven't read my Batman Annual #2 yet, but apparently my LCS implemented a one copy only policy for it. Is there something I don't know about it? It's going for $15 on eBay right now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

pubic works project posted:

So I haven't read my Batman Annual #2 yet, but apparently my LCS implemented a one copy only policy for it. Is there something I don't know about it? It's going for $15 on eBay right now.

It's about Bruce and Selina's first encounters and them as an elderly couple at the end of Bruce's life.

edit: But most importantly, it establishes Batman/Elmer Fudd as canon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I like how under Tom King annuals have gone from "do they still print those?" to "the best stories of the year".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet there's a trade put out with the first part of the Annual, the Rooftops story, the Wedding and then the rest of the Annual.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
If you didn't cry or even tear up after Batmannual you may be a psychopath

e: they introduced another incarnation of the (Legion of) Super-Pets in the Super Sons Annual but retconned Ace (who only cameos asleep at the Manor) out as the canonical Bat-Hound for Titus :argh:

e2: it was a cute annual and Flexi the Plastic Parrot is my new favorite super-pet, but it did not need the romantic tension between Krypto and loving Streaky

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 29, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Autism Sneaks posted:

If you didn't cry or even tear up after Batmannual you may be a psychopath

e: they introduced another incarnation of the (Legion of) Super-Pets in the Super Sons Annual but retconned Ace (who only cameos asleep at the Manor) out as the canonical Bat-Hound for Titus :argh:

e2: it was a cute annual and Flexi the Plastic Parrot is my new favorite super-pet, but it did not need the romantic tension between Krypto and loving Streaky

I've always had a hard time investing in fake future endings that we'll never get to because the core DC characters are perpetually late 20s/early 30s. What is this like the 50th alternate future Batman ending?

It's like trying to write all your finale catharsis moment without doing any of the work to get there. "Oh look, Bruce and Selina have a happy, successful marriage in the future maybe kind of who cares?"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I've always had a hard time investing in fake future endings that we'll never get to because the core DC characters are perpetually late 20s/early 30s. What is this like the 50th alternate future Batman ending?

It's like trying to write all your finale catharsis moment without doing any of the work to get there. "Oh look, Bruce and Selina have a happy, successful marriage in the future maybe kind of who cares?"

Well there's a huge corporation that literally won't let him do 'any of the work' you're talking about. Like he's aware of the medium, and this is the only way he can tell that story, knowing it will never actually be allowed to happen.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The pain of not letting Bruce grow and move on is acknowledged in the story. It's pretty special.

edit: I do wonder if King will try to have them last as a couple through his entire run (assuming the universe doesn't reset next year) so aside from a meta statement, that really could be counted for the end of his story.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 30, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Well there's a huge corporation that literally won't let him do 'any of the work' you're talking about. Like he's aware of the medium, and this is the only way he can tell that story, knowing it will never actually be allowed to happen.

Yeah, which is why it rings super hollow to me. They're not even married yet and here's a story about their totally successful marriage in its end state. Just because DC is garbage doesn't somehow absolve its lack of verisimilitude. Same reason why Barry Allen is garbage or I roll my eyes every time they say stuff like Dick leading the JL one day.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 30, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Super-Sons Annual is so good, you guys

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Lightning Lord posted:

Bring back the DC Bullet, IMO

While I've warmed to this one a lot (it reminds me of the logo pre-bullet, the '72/'74 one), I totally agree.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I absolutely loved Batman Annual #2.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is Mister Miracle just having a hallucination from his suicide attempt? Like, I think the entire series is a dying dream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Unsold back issues of the Death of Superman

You mean the book that sold out instantly and went into 4 printings that all sold out?

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Covok posted:

Is Mister Miracle just having a hallucination from his suicide attempt? Like, I think the entire series is a dying dream.

Similar but different theory.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'll be honest, I feel like you spoiled it for me. That's a pre-existing that fits so perfectly to explain everything that hard not to believe that's gonna be the reveal. It even has pre-existing ties to it, would explain his obsession with Granny Goodness and, well, a lot of the comic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think him being trapped in some state between life and death right now is closer to what's happening. Maybe he's actually trapped in the anti-life equation?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Yeah, given all the repeition of DARKSEID IS, I think Scott's in a Anti-Life state and trying to escape.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I think it's all going to be "real". The horror is going to be that there isn't a Lump, anti-life equation, or even paranoid pills. He has cosmic level PTSD, and is trying desperately to keep it together.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Yeah, I'm actually leaning against the Lump theory at the moment, just because there's been nothing in the text of this series to hint at it. You would only know Lump even exists if you'd read Kirby's (or Morrison's) New Gods stuff, so it wouldn't feel like King was playing fair at this point. There's obviously still a lot of story to go, but with what we have so far, I think it will be something else.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Seeing the new covers, and these really do look significantly better than the Rebirth banner ones

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's a nice Lee Styled grizzled Batguy, but when are the going to change up that Court of Owls typography.

Also the inker/colorist there is amazing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
man the current justice league logo is so bad

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Nightwing: The New Order is pretty predictable so far, and Dick is a real dick to the Titans, but at least Blue Lantern Lois Lane is awesome and I wouldn't mind them popping up again somewhere

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

man the current justice league logo is so bad

I still think it's time to update the Superman logo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the font for Superman. I wish they would change the Justice League and Batman fonts, because I really don't like how they look.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't like how it's the movie JL emblem, but I do like the classic Bat shape that isn't used in the comics, so :shrug:

It was amazing to see a straight up 1989 style yellow emblem at the end of Batman: Creature of the Night. I almost cried.

edit: For some reason the plainness of the N52 Justice League title logo is something I like.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 1, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

Nightwing: The New Order is pretty predictable so far, and Dick is a real dick to the Titans, but at least Blue Lantern Lois Lane is awesome and I wouldn't mind them popping up again somewhere

I really like New Order. This past issue was the most adult the Titans have ever acted. I guess it just took an alternate universe where they're aged up 20 years into their 50s for them not to act like idiot teenagers.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Love Diana's eyebrows on that cover.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

I still think it's time to update the Superman logo.

It'll be time when they fix the Batman and Justice League logos. Don't wanna risk Superman going that way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

It'll be time when they fix the Batman and Justice League logos. Don't wanna risk Superman going that way.

I figure eventually they'll come up with something new and decent. The Batman one just needs a new font.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just give Batman a big old bat-symbol with no words.
For Det, have a talon holding a magnifying glass.
Put a bow on it for Batwoman.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just give Batman a big old bat-symbol with no words.
For Det, have a talon holding a magnifying glass.
Put a bow on it for Batwoman.

Aka The Comic Formally Known as Detective Comics