Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

aejix posted:

Can anyone recommend me a good support/buffbot/aurabot build that will be viable in 3.1? My buddy is likely to be playing DP Totems if that makes a difference. I've not played a support build before so have no idea if the playstyle leans more towards "hang around in the back and handle the loot and stragglers while passively buffing everyone" or more or less the same as a "normal" build just with lower DPS output but massive boosts to the party. I don't mind either style (my hours playing Medic in TF2 is like 20-25x the time spent playing my second most played class, Engi)

edit: I was looking at this - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/ because I liked SRS playstyle

like everyone else has said wait until patch notes but don't be surprised if support is gutted or toned back even further then it was recently. The streamers abuse the gently caress out of it and there is literally no downside to running with a buff bot. And it is far better to have one then not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Ultima66 posted:

Map mods that builds can't run aren't really a good currency sink overall. The times they actually have an appreciable impact on players are when they make people feel the absolute worst though: when you're trying to corrupt red maps for Atlas completion and hit mods you can't run. First time through you probably have no stockpile of maps and having to drop down to running t6-7 maps at lvl 90 because your red maps bricked probably makes a lot of people quit leagues, especially because that's about when Zana probably stops selling maps you haven't already done. Also at that point you probably have minimal currency and gear so it's not that easy to just switch something and still actually have a runnable 8 mod corrupted Excavation with reflect on your main damage type and bosses doing triple damage.

I feel the same way about Uber lab trials. I personally never buy maps or look for shared lab trials until around lvl 95 because I feel like it's something made to be done by yourself and I inevitably end up lvl 93/94 still running t7 maps while missing a trial and wanting to stop playing the league.

Dude, just run them uncorrupted once to unlock them on the atlas.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

"buy maps at the start of the league" is the reality, but it suuuucks that you have to do it

I'll miss the infinite t16s I got from this league :(

We'll have to see what the new atlas updates bring before we can make judgments on red map sustainability. At the very least the extra what, 30%ish completion bonus from the maps being added gives that much % chance for a map drop level upgrade? Plus with exp balancing crowded indoor maps that are otherwise slow should be worth running just for more drops. Come my speedy QotF friends, the packsize bonus Underground Sea welcomes you!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

just gonna go balls out and unlock the whole atlas this leage

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Yeah, I'll probably do every map at least once, and then I can reshape it later when I figure out what I find the most fun.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

When y'all say unlock, you mean beat every boss or get the bonus objective for every map?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Still not doing Excavation.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

McFrugal posted:

Still not doing Excavation.

I don't understand why people have such a problem with this boss. My guardian could kill them with RF while afk.

Edit: I guess anyone used to cashing in on "hit it harder and let vaal pact sort it out"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cory in the Blouse posted:

My guardian could kill them with RF while afk.

guardian rf can kill anything while afk

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

HoGM actually kinda sucked because so many dudes have RT and I had to drop a 50% aura so I wasn't in slayer cull range.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I'm looking for something lazy in 3.1 (if its not nerfed), got a build link?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Excavation can be very nasty depending on your build and gear, 3 or twinned 6 bosses that all hit you at once.

My high damage 7k hp vaal pact could afk swing at them, my necromancer would lose every minion in 5 seconds, my wander wasn't geared enough to have consistent leech and damage.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

So I just took a GC miner to 40 someodd in mayhem and it all feels reasonably good. I can mostly dodge until I have time to lay some mines, then do a crapload of damage to bosses, etc. Even found a detonate mines so I have the spell totem when I can.

Anything playstyle-wise I'm missing? Like, how's survivability in maps, does one use the spell totem detonate all the time or situational, how expensive is gearing? Just trying to prep for Abyss.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

EVEN BETTAR!!!!!

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/935967361986740224

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There gonna be a big turnout for this new maps season thing ya think?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Finally.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There goes 90% of my reason to be outside my hideout. The remaining reasons being to check vendors, buy gems, and logging in.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Vasudus posted:

There goes 90% of my reason to be outside my hideout. The remaining reasons being to check vendors, buy gems, and logging in.

Check vendors? I could see a gem vendor in hideout in the future, too, and logging in directly there...

George
Nov 27, 2004

Remember to keep a L1 character around now for corrupted item cards, since you can do that poo poo right after Twilight Strand.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Check vendors? I could see a gem vendor in hideout in the future, too, and logging in directly there...

I get a "free" 6S once in awhile. I also got a 5L at the start of Harbinger when I went back to A4 for a gem. It's not a bad thing to do every now and then.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

George posted:

Remember to keep a L1 character around now for corrupted item cards, since you can do that poo poo right after Twilight Strand.

What's this all about?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whalestory posted:

What's this all about?

the ilv of the item from the cards follows the level of the character it is turned in on. So if you turn in on a level 1 the ilv will be ilv 1 for that item and there are very few corruptions available at that level. It means you have a higher chance at a good one. Drillneck is an example, At level 1 there are only like 6 or 8 corruptions to compete with in getting +1 arrow compared to over 10+ at a higher ilv.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Getting a character to A4 is a pain, and then you have to spend a pile of currency deleveling to 1. Now you can just go to your hideout.

J
Jun 10, 2001

queeb posted:

Yeah I'm just going to max out the atlas bonus and try all the maps and form my own opinions about which ones are good or bad. Also seeing how the war mechanic works in practice will be important. Depending on how the war works will determine if I unshape lovely maps afterwards or not.

hakimashou posted:

There gonna be a big turnout for this new maps season thing ya think?

I'm expecting it to be the biggest turnout ever. 3.0 itself cleaned up the leveling process but wasn't endgame focused, and harbinger was a mediocre league. War for the atlas looks to be endgame focused, and abyss looks a lot like breach, which seems to be regarded as most people's favorite league.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

queeb posted:

See, that was my plan for Harbinger, but 25ex for Perandus Manor was just not something I could justify.

That said- 125/126 is a painful reminder about not picking up that 75c PM map early into the league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've largely been disappointed by shaping my atlas in Harbinger. I mean I guess Racecourse is slightly better than Strand but it's insanely boring. I'll just live with being inefficient I guess.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Xolve posted:

See, that was my plan for Harbinger, but 25ex for Perandus Manor was just not something I could justify.

That said- 125/126 is a painful reminder about not picking up that 75c PM map early into the league.

join a group and split it a few ways

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I quite like racecourse, it's a big open map that's fun for 360 degree clearing builds, bright lighting, you run it in 2.5 semicircles, and the boss can be a little scary.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It sounds like vaal pact berserkers are nerfed, what should be a fun and good build this league?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

hakimashou posted:

It sounds like vaal pact berserkers are nerfed, what should be a fun and good build this league?

Ask that question this time next week.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

dis astranagant posted:

Ask that question this time next week.

Ah, new game mechanics not announced yet?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
We know some stuff but the full patch notes for all of the balance changes won't be until next week.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Cool i logged in and am still in the guild so i guess im sorted.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Shaped Vault, calling it now.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Crazy elder guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96Mj5m4Dk0

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Whelp that'll be a great fun boss fight, I'm gonna stunlock it. Or maybe I should make a build that face tanks it either way dodging mechanics is for suckers!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Whelp that'll be a great fun boss fight, I'm gonna stunlock it. Or maybe I should make a build that face tanks it either way dodging mechanics is for suckers!

What? This game has mechanics?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Can I use the same account for PC and XBone? Just spent money on a new Xbox One X and I see there is a POE client for the system. Sometimes I like to sit on my comfy couch and play videogames and it'd be cool if I could use the same characters no matter where I am.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Different realms, different characters, I'm not even sure if mtx carries over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mr. Despair posted:

Different realms, different characters, I'm not even sure if mtx carries over.

Too bad about that. I imagine the experience is a bit different playing with a controller. I will give it a shot anyways and see how it is. Worst case scenario, I wind up spending money on both versions.