Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Ya know i never really thought about it but warlock and surfer are the two most prominent characters in infinity gauntlet and neither are in iw. I wonder if the warlock from the gotg2 teaser will play a role in either movie

Adam Warlock will not be in them. He might not even be in GOTG 3, according to Gunn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Why are we even talking about Richard Ryder? We all know it's gonna be Sam.

Because Rider is the best Nova.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nerdman42 posted:

What's the over-under on Death being introduced because all I really need is a servant telling Thanos "no you can't gently caress a skeleton"

Persistent rumor has been that Hela is taking over the job and concept of Death for the MCU, so don't worry that Thanos is setting his sights too low.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if you have a character called Dick Rider you kinda have to throw him in a movie at some point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nerdman42 posted:

What's the over-under on Death being introduced because all I really need is a servant telling Thanos "no you can't gently caress a skeleton"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

nerdman42 posted:

He can't gently caress her but she can definitely bone him.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

pubic works project posted:

Because Rider is the best Nova.

I mean you know that and I know that but the children don't and neither does Loeb.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Actually, Sam is better than Dick Rider

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly if Stark hasn’t built Leopardon for Peter yet the movie is a failure.

That's for the next Avengers movie after Infinity War.

Cythereal posted:

Persistent rumor has been that Hela is taking over the job and concept of Death for the MCU, so don't worry that Thanos is setting his sights too low.

They could always do Death in the style of the Deadpool videogame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiWyUOjmqdQ

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roth posted:

Cosmo disagrees

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That would be damning evidence if it were Lockjaw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Truth.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I need to start reading comics again, I didn't realize there was a Richard Ryder/Sam Alexander ongoing, which is Literally What I Always Wanted.

Who do we think is dying or somehow leaving/retiring in the IW movies (due to contracts expiring)? To me it's Tony Stark absolutely, Vision absolutely, and then a whole bunch of maybes - Cap, Thor, and Hulk are all maybes, if they don't do a Black Widow solo she's done, Hawkeye is probs retiring for, I assume, Kate Bishop Hawkeye. The people I can't see dying or otherwise leaving under any circumstance are BP, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Gamora, and probably Mantis, anyone directly related to Ant-Man, Spidey for obvious reasons, CM if she counts, Rhodey, Pepper if they're doing Rescue (I can't see any reason why Paltrow appeared in Homecoming, especially considering how significant, unmarketed, and open-ended her cameo was, outside of contractual obligations unless they promised her a Rescue solo after IW, considering how anti-Marvel she was for a while and how they seemed more or less fine with her not appearing in MCU movies any more despite having one movie left. Like if she was done after Homecoming and only did it because her contract said she had to you'd think they'd have written her out of the MCU way more definitively than she was, or promoted the fact that she was in the movie), Scarlet Witch, Bucky, and Sam.

I could see them getting rid of Cap if they're gonna do Bucky Cap, and before Ragnarok I would've said Thor was a goner but Hemsworth seems actually eager to play the character after the success of Ragnarok, so I could see him becoming more of a maybe. On one hand Hulk can't basically ever helm a solo but everyone seems to love Ruffalo on top of the actor seeming fine with his current place as a permanent cameo fixture of other people's movies, on top of which unlike IM, Cap, and Thor I can't really see a good narrative way they introduce other Hulks.

I'm actually super excited for Phase 4, considering how heavily Feige has implied that IW is gonna clear a TON of pieces off the table, not just the obvious ones like IM and Vision.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 29, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I need to start reading comics again, I didn't realize there was a Richard Ryder/Sam Alexander ongoing, which is Literally What I Always Wanted.

Who do we think is dying or somehow leaving/retiring in the IW movies (due to contracts expiring)? To me it's Tony Stark absolutely, Vision absolutely, and then a whole bunch of maybes - Cap, Thor, and Hulk are all maybes, if they don't do a Black Widow solo she's done, Hawkeye is probs retiring for, I assume, Kate Bishop Hawkeye. The people I can't see dying or otherwise leaving under any circumstance are BP, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Gamora, and probably Mantis, anyone directly related to Ant-Man, Spidey for obvious reasons, CM if she counts, Rhodey, Pepper if they're doing Rescue (I can't see any reason why Paltrow appeared in Homecoming, especially considering how significant, unmarketed, and open-ended her cameo was, outside of contractual obligations unless they promised her a Rescue solo after IW, considering how anti-Marvel she was for a while and how they seemed more or less fine with her not appearing in MCU movies any more despite having one movie left. Like if she was done after Homecoming and only did it because her contract said she had to you'd think they'd have written her out of the MCU way more definitively than she was, or promoted the fact that she was in the movie), Scarlet Witch, Bucky, and Sam.

I could see them getting rid of Cap if they're gonna do Bucky Cap, and before Ragnarok I would've said Thor was a goner but Hemsworth seems actually eager to play the character after the success of Ragnarok, so I could see him becoming more of a maybe. On one hand Hulk can't basically ever helm a solo but everyone seems to love Ruffalo on top of the actor seeming fine with his current place as a permanent cameo fixture of other people's movies, on top of which unlike IM, Cap, and Thor I can't really see a good narrative way they introduce other Hulks.

I'm actually super excited for Phase 4, considering how heavily Feige has implied that IW is gonna clear a TON of pieces off the table, not just the obvious ones like IM and Vision.

IIRC Marvel's outright said that one of the big names is getting killed in Infinity War, and personally my money's on it being Stark.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There was a Sam/Richard ongoing and it was one of the best books around but we just can’t have nice things.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I think they've said Vision losing the Mind Stone might not necessarily mean his death, so I'm still holding onto hope that if Wanda dies, we get a movie based on the Tom King series. Which is stupid, but I'm still hoping.

My bets are Hawkeye and maybe Widow die. Cap and Stark pull a heroic sacrifice in either this or the next Avengers, each in a different movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Now get rid of that Infinity Gauntlet. ...Don't just leave it on the ground! Remove the stones and plug one of them back into the android's head."

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean to me it's just a given Tony dies, to the point where it'd be more surprising to me if he doesn't. RDJ's made hundreds of millions off the character, and he's wanted to leave the role for like half a decade now. Like, I don't think it's diminishing returns - it's not - but RDJ is the actor upon which Marvel Studios is built, and he seems super grateful for it but really wants to do other things. And who can blame him? There's really nowhere else for Tony Stark to go and nothing really left for him to do, he's made his money, and Homecoming seemed thematically in keeping with an actor who wanted to figuratively and literally pass the torch to the new guy. He's on a picture-to-picture deal, makes something absurd like nearly 9 figures off of every movie he's in, so just for financial relief it makes sense to kill him off. He wants to leave, you can see Homecoming as a way for him to get used to pulling back from being in a universe he's lived in for a decade, and it opens up all these creative paths for Marvel since they don't have to build every movie around RDJ like they have since 2010. Everyone wins, and Feige seems really canny about it being necessary. To me, when Feige mentions a major character dying in IW, my first thought is some like Cap/Thor/Hulk, since that would be surprising - the writing's been on the wall for Tony dying since like 2012.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

nerdman42 posted:

Someday goons are going to correctly use over/under

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I asked for the odds and I got the right responses.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

over/under 2.5 named character deaths in Infinity War?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I mean to me it's just a given Tony dies, to the point where it'd be more surprising to me if he doesn't. RDJ's made hundreds of millions off the character, and he's wanted to leave the role for like half a decade now. Like, I don't think it's diminishing returns - it's not - but RDJ is the actor upon which Marvel Studios is built, and he seems super grateful for it but really wants to do other things. And who can blame him? There's really nowhere else for Tony Stark to go and nothing really left for him to do, he's made his money, and Homecoming seemed thematically in keeping with an actor who wanted to figuratively and literally pass the torch to the new guy. He's on a picture-to-picture deal, makes something absurd like nearly 9 figures off of every movie he's in, so just for financial relief it makes sense to kill him off. He wants to leave, you can see Homecoming as a way for him to get used to pulling back from being in a universe he's lived in for a decade, and it opens up all these creative paths for Marvel since they don't have to build every movie around RDJ like they have since 2010. Everyone wins, and Feige seems really canny about it being necessary. To me, when Feige mentions a major character dying in IW, my first thought is some like Cap/Thor/Hulk, since that would be surprising - the writing's been on the wall for Tony dying since like 2012.

In my opinion, the likely deaths in descending order of likelihood are: Tony, Cap, Black Widow, Hulk, and Hawkeye.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't think they kill Banner. He's extremely useful and versatile(read: Cheap) as a co-star.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hawkeye lives, they're going to kill his family. He was photographed in the Ronin outfit recently.

I think it's an even split, either Steve/Tony dies, maybe even both, one in 3 and the other in 4.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

howe_sam posted:

over/under 2.5 named character deaths in Infinity War?
Over

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People who complain about cgi always remind me of people who are like "This game is only 900p!?" Maybe I have low standards.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Stark is in direct confrontation with a Infinity Gem-Powered Thanos in the trailer, he's dead.

I'd like to see a Infinity War Veteran Captain America assuming control of a new SHIELD, it would take the spotlight out of Evans and let him focus on other projects while still being part of the MCU.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Iron man is conspicuously absent in that group battle shot.

Not that that proves anything, mind.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

Surprised by Nick Fury intro since he's given some...less than enthusiastic interviews about not being included in Cap 3 or Black Panther.

Didn't they say he was basically going to costar in Captain Marvel?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They aren’t killing Hulk until they finish his character arc which they’ve already said is going to span multiple movies.

Hemsworth has by all accounts just now really found his groove as Thor and he’s not going to want to lose that in his literal next outing. Also I’m defecting to ISIS if they kill Captain America so my guess is that it will be Iron Man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What's the over/under on someone doing a callback to Stark's "we can drat well avenge them" line after he bites it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is the colour banding really bad on the Youtube trailer, or is it my graphics card/monitor?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Didn't they say he was basically going to costar in Captain Marvel?

Sam Jackson later said that was news to him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to co-star white Nick Fury.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

howe_sam posted:

Sam Jackson later said that was news to him.

All reused footage

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

It's going to co-star white Nick Fury.

Is this a roundabout way of saying David Hasselhoff?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

nerdman42 posted:

I think they've said Vision losing the Mind Stone might not necessarily mean his death, so I'm still holding onto hope that if Wanda dies, we get a movie based on the Tom King series. Which is stupid, but I'm still hoping.

My bets are Hawkeye and maybe Widow die. Cap and Stark pull a heroic sacrifice in either this or the next Avengers, each in a different movie.

We see human Paul Bettany in the trailer, maybe removing the mind stone turns him into more human looking...uhh somehow.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't want to lose anybody, but if someone has to go, it can be Iron Man. It better not be Steve. If it is Steve, I want Sam Cap over Bucky Cap. I feel like any of the Guardians, Strange, Spider-Man, and BP are safe. I'd like Thor and Hulk back. I would be really sad to lose Wanda. Vision can go. They can have War Machine too.

I recognize the silliness in this question, but I'll ask anyway. Timeline wise, all of the Defender stuff would be in the past compared to IW, right? Because Homecoming introduced a big time skip or whatever. So there's no chance of me getting to see Jessica punch Thanos in the teeth.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

We see human Paul Bettany in the trailer, maybe removing the mind stone turns him into more human looking...uhh somehow.

There's still a light shining through his forehead in that 'human' shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Away all Goats posted:

He's got the stone in his forehead when you see him as human.

• Locked thread