Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Still no Wally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao metallo looks so terrible in motion. his design is cool but its like whoever animates him uses the mocap data from gorilla grodd. he walks so weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sir Potato posted:

Still no Wally.

Wally wrecked a bunch of Nazi's at the wedding then was off protecting Joe and Cecille like a good son.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Not only does Barry not get to kill his villain, but the crossover ends with him standing in front of a pile of vomit after having his wedding one upped by the worst character in the CWverse, Felicity. Way to go, writers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

Did the Nazi Waverider’s registration number say 1488? Did I see that right? That’s... a disturbingly “nice” touch :stare:

Looks like WR-1945 to me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Not only does Barry not get to kill his villain, but the crossover ends with him standing in front of a pile of vomit after having his wedding one upped by the worst character in the CWverse, Felicity. Way to go, writers.

Except that Barry very much wanted Felicity and Oliver to get hitched, and the puddle of vomit is his own drat fault, he knows Dig has a weak stomach.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wally got shelved Big time.

oval office act.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Wally got shelved Big time.

oval office act.

Did he literally just disappear after getting knocked out the first time? I don't remember seeing him again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Did he literally just disappear after getting knocked out the first time? I don't remember seeing him again.

He went on step mum sitting duty

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What do I have to watch in what order to see the whole crossover?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

FactsAreUseless posted:

What do I have to watch in what order to see the whole crossover?

Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow.
Thank you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Carlosologist posted:

oh, Oliver X is the Fuhrer :stare:
When they were initially referring to "the fuhrer" I assumed that it was going to be revealed to be Superman Supergirl's cousin. Like, if Kara's only the general then obviously her cousin is going to be the fuhrer. Oliver Queen being the fuhrer makes no loving sense at all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

When they were initially referring to "the fuhrer" I assumed that it was going to be revealed to be Superman Supergirl's cousin. Like, if Kara's only the general then obviously her cousin is going to be the fuhrer. Oliver Queen being the fuhrer makes no loving sense at all.

it makes sense, presumably his grandfather was a big early supporter of Hitler. Business Plot, dude

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If you watch on the CW's website they have a separate "Crisis on Earth-X" page where everything autoplays in order.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Tiggum posted:

It's a parallel to him being the Mayor on Earth 1.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So that was totally their daughter from the future, right?

Also, I was a little tipsy and don't remember but was Joe at the wedding or not? I don't remember seeing him.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Croatoan posted:

So that was totally their daughter from the future, right?

Also, I was a little tipsy and don't remember but was Joe at the wedding or not? I don't remember seeing him.

He was. He was getting everyone out during the fighting and watched the Supergirl v Ubergirl fight from the street.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

personally I'm disappointed that we didn't see Dawn just randomly sprint in at the end. maybe she'll get more screen time next week?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Andrew Kreisberg just got fired.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/935934022366257152

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

From the article:

quote:

Kreisberg was hand-picked to oversee Berlanti's growing DC universe at The CW. Kreisberg is said to have created a "toxic" work environment with many insiders fearing retaliation if they filed a complaint against him. (He also has routinely fired the writing staff from The Flash every season and this year had trouble staffing the show and challenges hiring women, sources say.)
That certainly helps to explain the quality issues this show has had.

In case you're wondering:

quote:

Greg Berlanti will assume additional responsibilities on both The Flash, where he will work closely with executive producer/co-showrunner Todd Helbing, and Supergirl, where he will work closely with executive producers/co-showrunners Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"One wedding. Two funerals."

Nothing about this line makes sense.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

"One wedding. Two funerals."

Nothing about this line makes sense.

Back in 1994 there was a very successful romantic comedy...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wait... if the goal was to get Supergirl's heart, why did they invade Earth-1? "I've got a location on the target, she's on another Earth surrounded by superpowered people. We're not fully prepared yet, let's go attack there instead."

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's the CW.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Does Thawne have a reason to be working with Earth-X? Also how is that Earth 1's Thawne? That makes zero sense. It all makes no sense.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Which is a shame because it's mostly good. We just finished ep 3.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm on part 3 and don't understand why Iris wouldn't call her shelved super hero brother Wally West

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Because Wally is keeping Joe and Cecile safe.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Thawne is only around again because he left a bunch of time remnants in the past. Yes that was the only explanation :downs:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Carlosologist posted:

Thawne is only around again because he left a bunch of time remnants in the past. Yes that was the only explanation :downs:

Speed. Force.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Regarding Wally: Keinyan requested time off for personal reasons. :(

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Well, as Thawne said, "It's time travel."

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does Thawne have a reason to be working with Earth-X? Also how is that Earth 1's Thawne? That makes zero sense. It all makes no sense.

speedforce.gif

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because he is a huge dick and an idiot and would absolutely do something like that to gently caress with Barry.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just wait until the final episode to see what happens to him :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"I forgot. The great Barry Allen doesn't kill."

What the gently caress, yes he does. All the time! You've watched him do it!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Like for poo poo's sake throw him in the magic prison or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's like the poo poo with British Magento. You have options besides "kill" and "let go."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

”I forgot. The great Barry Allen doesn't kill."

What the gently caress, yes he does. All the time! You've watched him do it!

That’s why he forgot.