Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The nfc south has 2 teams at 8-3... interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Bucs put their starting Center and Right Tackle on IR, I look forward to even further offensive incompetence.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

Bucs put their starting Center and Right Tackle on IR, I look forward to even further offensive incompetence.

Just in time for Jameis to return this week too!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

The nfc south has 2 teams at 8-3... interesting.

Pretty cool imo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Just in time for Jameis to return this week too!

eh, why bother? Fitz is doing fine.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

eh, why bother? Fitz is doing fine.

No. He's really not. Plus, Jameis needs as many reps as he can get. If he's healthy, he needs to play.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
To my fellow NFCS goons, I just wanted to say this has been a pretty interesting season...far more interesting than I thought with the 3 teams doing what they are. These final 5 games are scripted nearly perfectly and it's going to be fun (hopefully) to watch it all play out. Even Tampa gets a chance to play spoiler so it should be a crazy last quarter of the season.

Officially : Best of luck to all!
Unofficially : I hope all your teams crash and burn in horrific fashion like mine did in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I thought we'd be slugging it out with Tampa for last place.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's been a pretty lovely season overall for me, but it has been fun watching Eagles fans get smug as gently caress before their inevitable postseason collapse.

Since the Bucs aren't gonna win the South, I kind of hope the Saints take it and go far in the playoffs. Brees deserves another ring. If loving Eli has 2, Brees should have 2.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

WampaLord posted:

It's been a pretty lovely season overall for me, but it has been fun watching Eagles fans get smug as gently caress before their inevitable postseason collapse.

Since the Bucs aren't gonna win the South, I kind of hope the Saints take it and go far in the playoffs. Brees deserves another ring. If loving Eli has 2, Brees should have 2.

The Bucs season seemed doomed from the start with the hurricane and week 1 bye. I would feel bad if it wasn't the Bucs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

The Bucs season seemed doomed from the start with the hurricane and week 1 bye. I would feel bad if it wasn't the Bucs.

~~Kiss The Ring~~

I don't think the bye week thing killed us, I think Jameis is doing the exact same poo poo Freeman did when he hit his third year.

At least Josh Freeman didn't rape anyone (as far as I know *looks nervously at Freeman jersey hanging in closet* :ohdear:)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Because I'm bored...here is the top three teams final five opponents in our most excellent division and my expectations for wins and losses.

Atlanta :

vs Min (L)
vs NO (W)
@ TB (W)
@ NO (L)
vs Car (W)

Finish the season 10-6.

Carolina :

@ NO (L)
vs Min (L)
vs GB (W...please be back for this game A-A-Ron)
vs TB (W)
@ ATL (L)

Finish the season 10-6.

New Orleans :
vs Car (W)
@ Atl (L)
vs NYJ (W)
vs Atl (W)
@ TB (W)

Finish the season 12-4.

You never know with divisional games though so I don't know wth to think but I say NO finishes in 1st and Car and Atl tie for 2nd. No clue who would own tiebreaker at that point.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Because I'm bored...here is the top three teams final five opponents in our most excellent division and my expectations for wins and losses.

Atlanta :

vs Min (L)
vs NO (W)
@ TB (W)
@ NO (L)
vs Car (W)

Finish the season 10-6.

Carolina :

@ NO (L)
vs Min (L)
vs TB (W)
@ ATL (L)

Finish the season 10-6.

New Orleans :
vs Car (W)
@ Atl (L)
vs NYJ (W)
vs Atl (W)
@ TB (W)

Finish the season 12-4.

You never know with divisional games though so I don't know wth to think but I say NO finishes in 1st and Car and Atl tie for 2nd. No clue who would own tiebreaker at that point.

I could see this.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I think Carolina sweeps the Falcons, but I agree with the rest.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I think Carolina sweeps the Falcons, but I agree with the rest.

It's possible for sure. I am still not sold on this team, but I like the direction they are going.

At home though with playoffs on the line, I think they get up for it and win but it would not surprise me to see Carolina take it.

Also wouldn't surprise me if we swept NO so :shrug:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Is Rodgers possibly back for the Panthers game?

If so, fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That panthers falcons game might be for the playoffs.

Shades of 2014.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

That panthers falcons game might be for the playoffs.

Shades of 2014.

The Mike Smith game? That was a train wreck.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Is Rodgers possibly back for the Panthers game?

If so, fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

IIRC that was the earliest date he'd be physically able to return. They're 2 games out of the last wildcard spot with 5 games left in the season; if that situation doesn't substantially improve by the Panthers game, Rodgers should be on IR.

They'd need three of Carolina, Detroit, Atlanta & Seattle to completely poo poo the bed on top of Hundley beating.....uh, injured Jameis in Tampa and....Cleveland...this isn't as big a longshot as I had expected, honestly. It almost feels like typical Packer bullshit where they're floating at .500 and look dead to rights and then suddenly catch fire & win their last few games to end up in the playoffs.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

oldskool posted:

IIRC that was the earliest date he'd be physically able to return. They're 2 games out of the last wildcard spot with 5 games left in the season; if that situation doesn't substantially improve by the Panthers game, Rodgers should be on IR.

They'd need three of Carolina, Detroit, Atlanta & Seattle to completely poo poo the bed on top of Hundley beating.....uh, injured Jameis in Tampa and....Cleveland...this isn't as big a longshot as I had expected, honestly. It almost feels like typical Packer bullshit where they're floating at .500 and look dead to rights and then suddenly catch fire & win their last few games to end up in the playoffs.

I feel the same. I didn't realize their next 2 were against Tampa and Cleveland...woof. They are going to benefit from the south beating the snot outta eachother aren't they?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Mike Smith game? That was a train wreck.

I got kicked out of midway in eav during that game.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Atlanta with more divisional wins based on that projection.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FizFashizzle posted:

I got kicked out of midway in eav during that game.

That's my go to place for busy sports nights and I've seen lots of madness there and never seen anybody kicked out. What the hell did you do?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Atlanta :

vs Min (L)
vs NO (W)
@ TB (W)
@ NO (L)
vs Car (W)

Finish the season 10-6.

Carolina :

@ NO (L)
vs Min (L)
vs TB (W)
@ ATL (L)

Finish the season 10-6.

New Orleans :
vs Car (W)
@ Atl (L)
vs NYJ (W)
vs Atl (W)
@ TB (W)

Finish the season 12-4.

While I would prefer a division sweep of the Falcons, I could get behind this scenario. Of course, I truly think all three teams could make it into the playoffs, and God, what a headache that would be. :) It could all easily still be up for grabs for the division in week 17.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Its cool, i知 hoping for a division sweep of the saints.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Of course, I truly think all three teams could make it into the playoffs, and God, what a headache that would be.

As a fan of the team that won't be making it, I'm now rooting for this scenario the hardest. Make our division look tough.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

That's my go to place for busy sports nights and I've seen lots of madness there and never seen anybody kicked out. What the hell did you do?

Not that much. Was talking a lot of poo poo.

I always sit at the bar and people were starting to threaten me and throw food at me.

I know all the bartenders so they said "fiz you're drunk go home" but I was back there next week and everyone was laughing about it.

I might've gotten jumped if I stayed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

As a fan of the team that won't be making it, I'm now rooting for this scenario the hardest. Make our division look tough.

It is tough either way. Considering we've had the last two NFC Champions (and a Super Bowl winner from a few years ago), I'd say that qualifies as a tough division.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is a good year to have divisional threads back.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh boy the entire O-line is dead and Jameis is back I知 ready for Sunday

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Not that much. Was talking a lot of poo poo.

I always sit at the bar and people were starting to threaten me and throw food at me.

I know all the bartenders so they said "fiz you're drunk go home" but I was back there next week and everyone was laughing about it.

I might've gotten jumped if I stayed.

Well, you WERE the poster voted most-likely-to-piss-off-randos-in-a-bar-and-get-jumped by your fellow goons 5 years in a row.

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh boy the entire O-line is dead and Jameis is back I知 ready for Sunday

Me too, gently caress Jameis.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 30, 2017

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Chilichimp posted:

Me too, gently caress Jameis.

Something all NFC South fans can get behind

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ozymandius1024 posted:

Something all NFC South fans can get behind

In my hypothetical perfect world, the Bucs cut Jameis and sign Kaep to replace him.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

WampaLord posted:

In my hypothetical perfect world, the Bucs cut Jameis and sign Kaep to replace him.

I did this in Madden this year but Kaep sucks/I suck in Madden this year so it didn't work out as well as I hoped.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

WampaLord posted:

I too hope Tampa goes 2-14 into perpetuity

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shiki Dan posted:

Well I have good news for you!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

Kaep isn't good, he's not TRASH.

wandler20