Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nullsmack posted:

Have they said anything about any more OG xbox titles coming to backward compatibility?

They will release a new title once a single customer buys and successfully beats Dead to Rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Still no news on when Drake of the 99 Dragons is going to be backwards compatible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

With voodoo vince remastered all demand for bc is already met

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
They're not done yet, Freedom Fighters hasn't come out.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm legitimately hoping for JSRF to come to backwards compatibility.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I want Metal Arms: Gltich in the System to come back as BC again.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm legitimately hoping for JSRF to come to backwards compatibility.

This is all I care about wrt to bc

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I'm still waiting for Brute Force, Azurik: Rise of Perathia, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Kabuki Warriors, and Advent Rising to be backwards compatible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to play a very bad version of oblivion in hd

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Instant Sunrise posted:

I'm still waiting for Brute Force, Azurik: Rise of Perathia, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Kabuki Warriors, and Advent Rising to be backwards compatible.

You finally gonna win that 1 million dollar prize?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Mercenaries is my most wanted for BC.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Not a single one of my games can properly sync data or play online... Xbox live status is apparently fine though. Having PC gaming ptsd here.

Edit: culprit seemed to be router poo poo. Now I have no time to play today.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 30, 2017

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

EA Access just added Dead Space 3 if for some reason you want to play it

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Just got the XBonx home and set it up. I am surprised the controller uses disposable batteries. Am I going to need to drop another fifty bucks on battery packs or are there good third party options?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Eneloops are not half bad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Syrinxx posted:

EA Access just added Dead Space 3 if for some reason you want to play it

It's a pretty good time with a friend, if you can get over how how much more fun Dead Space is alone. Cause Dead Space 3 sucks balls as a SP game.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My most played original Xbox game was probably NHL 2K5. Unfortunately I doubt it's very high on the BC priority list.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Got a Sony Bravia 4k yesterday. COD WW2 and Infinite Warfare look stunning. I could see the details in the uniforms of players sprinting away from me.

The Insects demo was neat, wish it was longer than 25 seconds though.

Titanfall 2 looked 3d with the HDR lighting. Some blue lights on a ship almost leapt off the screen.

Hitman looks gorgeous, and the non-patched games look great too. Way more clarity in the background.

Rented Wonder Woman in UHD for the kicks, was shocked at how smooth and clear the CGI looks. The lighting was top notch as well.

On the whole very happy with how HDR and 4k looks, can't wait for the Rocket League update in a few weeks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Just got the XBonx home and set it up. I am surprised the controller uses disposable batteries. Am I going to need to drop another fifty bucks on battery packs or are there good third party options?

Buy four rechargeable AA batteries and a charger. And get this, when those batteries completely die, you won't have to buy an entirely new controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Buy four rechargeable AA batteries and a charger. And get this, when those batteries completely die, you won't have to buy an entirely new controller.

Depends on the leakiness of the batteries upon death.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rechargeable batteries last significantly less time than disposable ones. gently caress the environment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

univbee posted:

Depends on the leakiness of the batteries upon death.

Apparently NiMH batteries only leak a powder if you leave them for years and that's only a rare occurrence.

Aphrodite posted:

Rechargeable batteries last significantly less time than disposable ones. gently caress the environment.

And they fully recharge within a few hours. Buy four and you will have zero downtime and you won't have to buy new batteries for years.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Apparently NiMH batteries only leak a powder if you leave them for years and that's only a rare occurrence.

And they fully recharge within a few hours. Buy four and you will have zero downtime and you won't have to buy new batteries for years.

Buy a big thing of unrecognized-brand AA batteries from Big Lots and you won't have to buy new batteries again ever because lol no exclusives

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Otogi 1+2, Breakdown, Death Throw, Mechassault 1+2, JSRF, and Panzer Dragoon Orta are basically all you really need on BC that we dont have.

Instead you all will get Bloodwake and Sudeki and that chinese future past brawler with vast, empty levels whose name I cant remember.

Edit: And somehow Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I had my eneloops swell to the point where they no longer fit in a 360 controller, but the bonetroller seems to have room for fat batts.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I bought a wired controller because it was easier.

I know this thread is primarily for mocking RAM but are there any groups playing Star Wars Pay2winfront?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

just lol if you are loving stupid enough to buy play-n-charge kits or disposable batteries instead of eneloops

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Buy a big thing of unrecognized-brand AA batteries from Big Lots and you won't have to buy new batteries again ever because lol no exclusives

Yeah i got amazon basics brand aa's for like 30 cents each and they last months

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
If you buy eneloops you are supporting terrorists

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

If you buy eneloops you are supporting terrorists

Depends if you get the good eneloops or the bad cheaply-made ones I think.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Is it too dumb to hope for the ability to play my OG versions of Halo 1 and 2 instead of shelling out for the remade versions?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Nullsmack posted:

Is it too dumb to hope for the ability to play my OG versions of Halo 1 and 2 instead of shelling out for the remade versions?

MCC is dirt cheap and you get a shitload of game for the price.

The 100gb patch will gently caress you though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eneloops can't be sold in numerous countries because of copyright infringement.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Beastie posted:

MCC is dirt cheap and you get a shitload of game for the price.

The 100gb patch will gently caress you though.

ugh, I only have a 500gb xbone in the first place. Is it mandatory? Can you just install 1 game at a time?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It's all or nothing, and you need it to play online/co-op. I think you'd be okay buying it, downloading, the patch, and burning through the games in two months to never touch it again.

The button that makes 1 and 2 jump between original assets and HD assets is rad, even changes the soundtrack to HD.

Looking forward to the One X update on the MCC. Will probably play through 1-3 with a buddy again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nullsmack posted:

ugh, I only have a 500gb xbone in the first place. Is it mandatory? Can you just install 1 game at a time?

No you have to install the whole thing but the numbers are wrong.

If you get the game on disc the patch is on the low end of 20-something gigs (I forget the exact number) and total install size is I believe 68 gigs or some such number. If you get ODST (separate paid DLC) it's like an extra 7 or 8 gig download. It does a weird install order, IIRC it installs 2 first, then 3, then 4, then 1, then the multiplayer. In theory you can start playing Halo 2 once install/patch reaches a certain point and so on.

Halo 5 is the monster, from disc, the patch is 51.9 gigs.

Regardless of the Xbox game you get patches are effectively mandatory, you won't be able to play them without a patch unless you completely take your system offline. Even for offline MCC was quite a technical disaster and still is in some respects but the patch does fix some stuff so you really should install it, and also get used to these monster downloads because they're only getting worse with time.

You have one alternate option for Halo 1 and that's getting the 360 remastered version on disc (it's only available on disc). Pop the disc in, let it download like 8 gigs or whatever and you can play that. Halo 2 is MCC-only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Halo is boring guys

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I tell ya what's not boring is that Forza Hot Wheels. They could have made that poo poo its own game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hotwheelz have always been rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

just lol if you are loving stupid enough to buy play-n-charge kits or disposable batteries instead of eneloops

I got the official Play & Charge kit for 13 euros about 2 years ago and it's been perfect. Even at full price it wouldn't be bad, but then a pack of Eneloops would serve more things than just a bonetroller.