Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TG-Chrono posted:

What the gently caress does that mean?!

The Prestige changes are still in flux and they don't want to promise anything that ends up changing later.

They probably also want to retain the ability to hype and drop surprises, which I agree with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

My main thing is more incentives to play PVP. I only played D1 PVP for light upgrades, exotic quests, or record book stuff. The ornaments unlocked by achievements are cool but I think I'll need more than that.

No 6v6 is not a dealbreaker for me. I actually liked D1 Skirmish because it's less people to worry about. I guess it's maybe not good for "chill PVP with bros" but I don't think I've ever PVP'd in a chill manner anyway

I'm very interested to read the sandbox and weapon balance changes in next week's patch notes

Roman fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 30, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

That post shows they don’t get it...not even an acknowledgement that core gameplay issues exist. They think the only complaint is that there aren’t even carrots for the no life squad to chase.

Baaaaaad

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

That post shows they don’t get it...not even an acknowledgement that core gameplay issues exist. They think the only complaint is that there aren’t even carrots for the no life squad to chase.

Baaaaaad

Yeah i posted this in the PC thread but it bears repeating imho: they are going to make it not actively aggravating to play Destiny 2 but you are still very much playing Destiny 2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Yeah i mean those are good things to have but nothing ground breaking.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I searched for 6v6 and 8v8 and didn't find anything

I didn't search for any other numbers though

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

I searched for 6v6 and 8v8 and didn't find anything

I didn't search for any other numbers though

Hrm try adding another 6, a 9 or a 14

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nothin

not even an 88 for the kek

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

haveblue posted:

The Prestige changes are still in flux and they don't want to promise anything that ends up changing later.

They probably also want to retain the ability to hype and drop surprises, which I agree with.

Its in direct contradiction to the precis where they said they'd be more open. If you're happy with no actual info despite the immediate promise to do so then you deserve a dumb dead game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Baaaaaad

unless your core gameplay issues are 4v4 and primary/energy/heavy (and I know for a lot of people they are), everything else is pretty firmly in the "sandbox update" zone, we'll see what they do with the osiris patch

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Menstrual Show posted:

Baaaaaad

This is pretty much what Reddit and a lot of the Destiny youtubers have been crying about for weeks, so it makes sense that was their main takeaway.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Osiris: Oh poo poo It’s Retarded Items Still

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

look so long as i can charge my JO crystal by grinding for osiris robot parts for my gay robot titan and pretend im making progress by loving around with masterworks then i can forget for a little while that im trash garbage at pvp and ignore the real problems ok

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I don't mind 4v4 for clash and supremacy but not for control

clash and supremacy more team focused because like 50% of games I play with pubbies consist of them wandering off 1 by 1 and dying (like in destiny 1) but now 50% of pubbies realise sticking reasonably close to someone and flanking enemies is a good strategy. it's nice in supremacy when you get someone that isn't all that good at pvp rushing in to grab the orbs you missed when you were on a rampage.

control is bad because the smaller maps means the whole loving team rushes from point to point and there aren't enough people to effectively guard two points and hold an advantage.

still, I like destiny 2 because i usually am in a party with one or two rl bros and we shoot aliens and sometimes other players and it's pretty chill.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Meanwhile in a free game.
https://twitter.com/fortnitegame/status/936016251159277569

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm getting a good lol out of the Masterworks weapons making orbs on multikills. They're fuckin' doubling down on how badly they never want anyone to use their super in pvp. "Hey guys, we hear you don't like the cooldowns in PvE, so here's some extra orbs for you that you'll only see a time or two in PvP, rather than just fix the CD itself."

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Wait, so they're keeping all the same lovely armor and guns in-game but just adding ornaments to it to make it look more shiney?

What the gently caress? Even Destiny 1 would completely wipe out all the old vendor gear/weapons and add new stuff every expansion.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like the orb part of masterworks

Fuckin rain orbs on D2 and Make It Tolerable Again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Honestly I would play D2 pvp again even in its current retarded state if I could play private matches with bros, it not being in there now is so stupid

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

I'm getting a good lol out of the Masterworks weapons making orbs on multikills. They're fuckin' doubling down on how badly they never want anyone to use their super in pvp. "Hey guys, we hear you don't like the cooldowns in PvE, so here's some extra orbs for you that you'll only see a time or two in PvP, rather than just fix the CD itself."

multikills happen pretty often in pvp with how the assist system works????

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

deadwing posted:

multikills happen pretty often in pvp with how the assist system works????

I'm assuming they're going to define multikills as 3+ and not count doublekills, which do happen all the time. Be sure to remember that orbs don't generate much super energy.

Avalanche posted:

Wait, so they're keeping all the same lovely armor and guns in-game but just adding ornaments to it to make it look more shiney?

What the gently caress? Even Destiny 1 would completely wipe out all the old vendor gear/weapons and add new stuff every expansion.

TBQH, I prefer this since it means players coming into the game at a later date aren't shafted out of a look they might like, which was an issue in D1 until they brought back the old armor sets in those engrams you could buy with silver dust in Y3.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Angry Walrus posted:

I'm assuming they're going to define multikills as 3+ and not count doublekills, which do happen all the time. Be sure to remember that orbs don't generate much super energy.

TBQH, I prefer this since it means players coming into the game at a later date aren't shafted out of a look they might like, which was an issue in D1 until they brought back the old armor sets in those engrams you could buy with silver dust in Y3.

Lol yeah people were paying 500 bucks for accounts with the y1 FWC handcannon to use for sweats and tourneys

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Podcast is live

https://twitter.com/UrkMcGurk/status/936019970571386880

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Y’ALL LIKE TOKENS RIGHT?
*crowd boos*
HELL YEAH EVERYONE LIKES TOKENS!
FAM, WE ARE GLNNA DOUBLE DOWN ON TOKENS

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Y’ALL LIKE TOKENS RIGHT?
*crowd boos*
HELL YEAH EVERYONE LIKES TOKENS!
FAM, WE ARE GLNNA DOUBLE DOWN ON TOKENS

tokens are literally rep from d1 except you pick what character to turn in the rewards on and when to turn in the rewards and no one bitched about d1 rep, what people were complaining about was a blind reliance on RNG for guns and gear. and well

quote:

[DEC 12] Faction Armor and Weapons will be unlocked for purchase for Legendary Shards and Faction Tokens on most Faction Vendors
All five Armor Slots will always be present, and Weapons will rotate weekly on Factions that have them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

tokens are literally rep from d1 except you pick what character to turn in the rewards on and when to turn in the rewards and no one bitched about d1 rep, what people were complaining about was a blind reliance on RNG for guns and gear. and well

You’re absolutely right and tokens could be cool and good without all the rng as it is now, but now if you’re chasing a weapon you get to buy it whenever it’s the one weapon that shows up for the week :stoked:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

deadwing posted:

Joke's on you, we bitched about almost everything in D1

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo that is a sufficient amount of carrots for me to chase while they hopefully work out the big poo poo. I understand Bungie's difficulty here. Being open and transparent sounds nice, but if they say "hey we're thinking about doing thing" then realize they can't or shouldn't do thing, then go "hey we're not gonna do thing anymore" people will bitch them out anyway, so.

Masterworks are neat and I'm extremely looking forward to the loving parade of orbs that'll happen in strikes and raids, :lol: if you're sad about the cooldown rates in PvP though, sorry!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's weird that there's no rumble in this game, I feel like we could all do with some battles royale

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just do 69 person elimination rumble in the EDZ where you start with white equipment and every 4:20 minutes a section of the map becomes unplayable

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So weapons have random perks now and Xur sells an exotic engram. Destiny 2 finally caught up to release day Destiny 1

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Whoa the Luke Smith/Mark Noseworthy podcast is really good, what the hell

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Updated seemed fine, I care more about PvE stuff though and it was more geared towards that

Anyone else notice the new hunter exotic boots in the Xur pic?

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I searched the blog post for "300" to address the crap drops you get at 305. Turned up nothing as well.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Thank you for tuning in to my sa post about upcoming additions and updates to my posting, I have heard your feedback and promise to communicate in a more meaningful manner.

1. More giant dicks in my mouth
- details: in the future I will be putting dicks in my mouth that are larger than usual

2. Future posts will include fondling of balls
- details: in December posts will begin to include fondling of balls

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm the first to bitch when something Is poo poo so this is at least a leap in the right direction.

The token system was mind numbingly enraging to being able to buy what I want is cool and good.

Master whatever the gently caress weps are cool and good too.

I'm happy enough with the changes. Id like to see an increase in armor variants too to adjust from the mobility, recovery and resilience caps but that might come down the road.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Whoa the Luke Smith/Mark Noseworthy podcast is really good, what the hell

yeah, I liked them addressing that the Crota heavy issue had to be addressed slowly since it could have broken the entire game w/ crashes and code corruption lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

What podcast is that?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BlindSite posted:

What podcast is that?
http://podbay.fm/show/260716482/e/1511992800

Also on iTunes

https://t.co/JR2UqPpa7M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU