Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I thought it was good but halfway through I went back to finish some sidequests so it broke the chapter up a little. While I was watching my wife play through it straight through I could understand some of the complaints but from what you are saying I don't think those are the resolutions I would think of.

Excited for episode Ardyn, it was one of the better options from their survey of what people would want added but I think some stuff about Gentiana would be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

They just announced that they're adding the ability to switch between all 4 characters in FFXV at any point in the game and they'll play like they do in the DLC
:aaaaa:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want Episode aranea because she's like fake-Lightning. Or an Episode Sidney that's just a car mechanic simulator

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The only issue I had with the Noctis solo stuff was it went a bit long, but from a story perspective it made complete sense and reuniting with the boys was truly rewarding.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I went to the Zelda orchestra thing and it ruled. Actually now that I think about it, I should go to more of those.

I got Final Fantasy Zodiac Age for black friday, I'm excited as hell but I'm trying to finish some other games before gb gotys

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I want Episode aranea because she's like fake-Lightning. Or an Episode Sidney that's just a car mechanic simulator

Aranea was cool and I'd like to see her DLC too

tao of lmao posted:

The only issue I had with the Noctis solo stuff was it went a bit long, but from a story perspective it made complete sense and reuniting with the boys was truly rewarding.

Yeah definitely

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

Aranea was cool and I'd like to see her DLC too

It's not her own DLC by a long shot, but shes a main character in the Prompto DLC, if you haven't played that yet.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think she shows up for a couple missions in Comrades too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

It's not her own DLC by a long shot, but shes a main character in the Prompto DLC, if you haven't played that yet.

Cool, I haven't played any of the DLC yet, thanks

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I went to the Zelda orchestra thing and it ruled. Actually now that I think about it, I should go to more of those.

I got Final Fantasy Zodiac Age for black friday, I'm excited as hell but I'm trying to finish some other games before gb gotys

Zodiac age is a really good remaster. the small quality of life improvements (one button game speed increase in particular) really help make the game feel like it isn't 2 generations old

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I picked up Zodiac Age too, I'm looking forward to playing it since I never even beat original FF12 and never played the Zodiac version

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm completely ignorant how modern dlc works.. can you just play the game normally and experience the Content or is it a separate thing entirely?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm completely ignorant how modern dlc works.. can you just play the game normally and experience the Content or is it a separate thing entirely?

the dlcs in this are separate things you open from the main menu, they arent integrated into the story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In the case of FFXV they're pretty much expansion packs separate from the main game I think

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

the dlcs in this are separate things you open from the main menu, they arent integrated into the story

Huh.. so the characters start fresh?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yeah, completely separate starting at a fixed level. all the menus in game are different too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Now I'm wondering if I should ng+ or do the dlcs first

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i havent messed with it much but the prompto dlc, after the story content, has a small open world with sidequests, a big optional boss, and a upgrade system for his snowmobile. its an entire tiny game

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not normally a season-pass guy, but the amount of stuff you get out of 15's dlc is pretty great.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I'm not normally a season-pass guy, but the amount of stuff you get out of 15's dlc is pretty great.

I preordered and bought the season pass last year, making FFXV the most money I've spent on a single game, probably ever. And I'm glad I did because it's legit one of my favorite games in recent memory. I never expected much out of it tbh, but it surprised the hell outta me. No problem throwing those boys some extra $$$ for my 2k16 GOTY.

I haven't played since platting it last year but now that everything seems to be rounding up I'll probably finally get around to all those DLCs

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I tried to 100% all the post game dungeon content recently but the Costlemark Tower sealed section with the item restriction is just beyond me. How are you supposed to keep your team alive without items against 10 iron giants.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i love ff15 lmao

https://twitter.com/elfbot/status/936339938127249408

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol I should really play those episodes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all the music is like that and all the text is like this, its soooo good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMJpaqtjjo&t=25s

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Lmao never a bad time for a new RECIPEH

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Final Fantasy Cooking Mama

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

On December 11, 2017, patches 1.19 and 1.20 were released. It implements character switching, allowing players to take control of party members other than Noctis. Additionally, it includes compatibility for the Episode Ignis DLC and adds tracks from it and Comrades to the main game's music player. The online leaderboards for Timed Quests were also concluded with this patch.

I was wondering what this 13gb patch was

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It implements character switching, allowing players to take control of party members other than Noctis.

fuuuuck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/943527892314492928

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
WTF I like Assassin’s Creed now??!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

im throwing up from the four legged chococamel

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

im throwing up from the four legged chococamel

i wish you hadnt said that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

they had an assassins creed event in ff15 too. i didnt bother actually looking at it but you get a costume from it and stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It’s neat to hear Jesper Kyd music in a Final Fantasy game, even if it’s just part of some cross-promotional thing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Porgs

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Been playing through final fantasy 15. I can see why people might not have liked it but God drat am I having fun with this. Looking through the photos prompto takes is the best part

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFXV has been good from day 1 and this falsehood spread by inept obsolete game journalists will land them at the top of my poo poo list forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Yeah ffxv has always been really enjoyable despite its flaws that were blown way out of proportion, or were intentional design elements that people dunked on cause they didn’t fit in their idea of what a jrpg should be. I can only imagine how amazing it must be playing through for the first time now with all the free added content and features.