Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh poo poo for real?

I'll be honest I've never seen Dumbo so... :shobon:

It featured a crow that was portrayed as lazy and was named Jim, so don't feel bad if you haven't seen it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SKULL.GIF posted:

Help me out here. I'm trying to find a particular Tim Kreider cartoon -- one of the panels is talking about the merits of the "unexamined life", and it's Tim's friend Jim who's loving a woman while chortling. The implication is that not thinking about what you're doing and just engaging in hedonism is far preferable to examining your life. I've gone through his (extensive) archives several times and have had no luck finding it.

I've got all his books and the only one I've found of Jim loving anyone was Strom Thurmond's corpse. Lots of Boyd loving but nothing like what you're describing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Kudelka:

Radio station changes music list away from Australia Day, people mad.

Moir:

Wilcox:

Wilcox also won the Walkley Award for best political cartoon with "Low-cost housing, London":

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm very excited by the prospect of Kirschen starving in the street.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump cracked wise about Senator Pocahontas to some Native American WWII heroes on Monday. Of course he was referring to Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

Warren, a blue eyed blonde, landed a job at Harvard Law School while claiming to be a Cherokee Indian, due to high cheekbones. Harvard touted her as the law school’s “first woman of color.”

Now she’s touchy about the subject. So she took Trump’s bait and called his comment a racial slur.

Mollie Hemingway says that makes no sense:

The only way the Pocahontas insult makes sense is as a joke about Warren’s false claim of being Native American. He’s not insulting her for being a Native American, because she’s not Native American. He’s highlighting how she gave employers and others false information about her tribal status while at Harvard and elsewhere.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
God drat Luckovich :stare:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump shat alone on his pot in the dark
"They're jealous losers," he'd frequently remark
Waitin' to see Fox put their news on his dockets
He just kept tweetin' 'bout some dude and his rockets

He's Trump, He's Trump
What's on his head?
He's Trump, He's Trump, He's Trump
I think it's dead.

Trump is a big celebrity
The Russians claim that he really likes the pee
He never feels too dumb because
His bots fawn over every little stupid thing he does

He's Trump, He's Trump
He's real inept
Has he sunset?

His buddy Mikey was a Colts-hating douche
His friend with no wife he called the Scaramooch
His spokesguy Spicer was kind of a wimp
He went to the White House and acted like a pimp

He's Trump, He's Trump
He's real far-right
And he's too white

Is this Trump out of his head?
I'm 'fraid so
Is this Trump really white?
I'm 'fraid so
Is this Trump really the Fed?
I'm 'fraid so
And that's all I have to say about that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump shat alone on his pot in the dark
"They're jealous losers," he'd frequently remark
Waitin' to see Fox put their news on his dockets
He just kept tweetin' 'bout some dude and his rockets

He's Trump, He's Trump
What's on his head?
I think it's dead.

Trump is a big celebrity
The Russians claim that he really likes the pee
He never feels too dumb because
His bots fawn over every little stupid thing he does

He's Trump, He's Trump
He's real inept
Has he sunset?

His buddy Mikey was a Colts-hating douche
His friend with no wife he called the Scaramooch
His spokesguy Spicer was kind of a wimp
He went to the White House and acted like a pimp

He's Trump, He's Trump
He's real far-right
And he's too white

Is this Trump out of his head?
I'm 'fraid so
Is this Trump really white?
I'm 'fraid so
Is this Trump really the Fed?
I'm 'fraid so
And that's all I have to say about that

the best thing about this is that it's not a parody of Lump, it's a parody of the Weird Al parody Gump :discourse:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Abyssal Squid posted:

Trump and Branco think of Native Americans as intrinsically villainous goblins. Telling but not surprising.

Does Branco ever draw anything other than goblins?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I don’t think trump would be allowed near an open flame imo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If Trump gets taken from power either by impeachment or article 25 would his judicial appointments be re-evaluated even though they’re supposed to be for life?

Edit: wrong thread but might as well ask here too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Samurai Sanders posted:

If Trump gets taken from power either by impeachment or article 25 would his judicial appointments be re-evaluated even though they’re supposed to be for life?

No, they have already been confirmed by Congress. If they were complicit in whatever he did they could also undergo a process to remove them but it would be separate. However there is no way in hell Trump will ever be impeached for anything, even if we woke up one day to see him loving putin in the rear end on the front lawn of the white house

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
New Bagley is savage.

For those not in the know, the Utah Legislature and our pissbrained governor have been trying to eliminate all our public land, aka the driving force of Utah's economy, so it can be looted by extraction companies. Trump is going to announce that he's shrinking some awesome National Monuments and folks are pissed.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Garrison is trying to squeeze a few bucks from last year's Christmas cartoon by aggressively hawking it on his website and sending mass emails to his followers. He promises a new one soon.

I plan to create the 2017 version soon. But this oldie, but goodie from last season still brings holiday cheer.

12 Lefties Crying
11 Eagles Flying
10 Angry Muslims
9 Big Liars Crashing
8 Russians Hacking
7 Black Lives Matterin'
6 Triggered Trigglies
5 Golden TWEETS
4 Pepes Kek-ing
3 Bern Outs
2 Losing Clintons
...And a Donald Trump Presidency

-Ben Garrison

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

D.N. Nation posted:

Is there anyone who finds this even remotely amusing?
newspapercomics.txt

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

King Possum III posted:

8 Russians Hacking

Someone better tell Garrison the official word is that this one didn't happen

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

4 Nazis naziing.

Nice.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"He used to be a star, but now he's a black hole."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FishFood posted:

New Bagley is savage.

For those not in the know, the Utah Legislature and our pissbrained governor have been trying to eliminate all our public land, aka the driving force of Utah's economy, so it can be looted by extraction companies. Trump is going to announce that he's shrinking some awesome National Monuments and folks are pissed.
I love how their logic is "The state should own it not the drat Feds!!" Only because they can use the ol "Well we just don't have the funding to preserve this land so we have to sell it to this here private company!"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I love this week's prickly city because it's not uncommon for comic strip artists to their characters in other comics for gag strips. That didn't happen for Prickly City because it's awful and done by a couple of hacks.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Ted Rall's Rallblog posted:

“The tape, without question, is real.”

I expected better from The New York Times.

The quote is the lede of a news story by Daniel Victor, a reporter at the Times. Victor’s piece is about a controversy, or more precisely, an echo of a controversy: the 2005 “Access Hollywood” recording in which Donald Trump is heard joking with show host Billy Bush about grabbing women’s genitals. The audio (you don’t see Trump’s face during the gutter talk) was released shortly before a major debate against Hillary Clinton; it nearly cost Trump the election.

Perhaps in an effort to distance himself from the big sexual harassment discussion, Trump has lately been telling people that the audio wasn’t real — that it wasn’t him saying all that sexist stuff. “We don’t think that was my voice,” he told a senator recently.

Trump’s denial-come-lately (he apologized at the time) is being ridiculed. “Mr. Trump’s falsehoods about the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape are part of his lifelong habit of attempting to create and sell his own version of reality,” Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Martin of the Times wrote. Senator Jeff Flake said: “It’s dangerous to democracy; you’ve got to have shared facts…that was your voice on that tape, you admitted it before.”

Trump lies a lot. He may be lying here. I don’t know.

The point is, neither does The New York Times.

What disturbs me more than the possibility/likelihood that the president is a liar is the fact that journalists who ought to know better, including six-figure reporters employed by prestigious media organizations like The New York Times that repeatedly brag about adhering to high standards, are too lazy and/or ignorant to conduct basic due diligence. This isn’t new: I have been the subject of news articles for which the news outlet didn’t call me for comment (calling for comment is journalism 101). But journalistic laziness is still shocking and wrong.

Bors posted that he wasn't surprised that Ted Rall is an Access Hollywood tape truther

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So are the guest characters going to do something in Prickly City or are they all just gonna stand around and do nothing?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

Bors posted that he wasn't surprised that Ted Rall is an Access Hollywood tape truther
:psyduck:

How much of a thing is Access Hollywood Trutherism outside of Trump and Rall?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rall also thinks his tape where he looks like an idiot with the LAPD is fake too.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Who touched the poop?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

.Edward Penischin posted:

Who touched the poop?

:allears:

lol "plagiarism"

has anyone suggested "threaten to go to their house and beat them up" or "suggest that they like buying pickles from convenience stores" yet

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
how about "ask a grownup to explain fair use" gary

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

King Possum III posted:

"He used to be a star, but now he's a black hole."
Never has "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" seemed more fitting.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sardonik posted:

Never has "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat" seemed more fitting.

:vince:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

loquacius posted:

:allears:

lol "plagiarism"

has anyone suggested "threaten to go to their house and beat them up" or "suggest that they like buying pickles from convenience stores" yet

What is the significance of the pickle thing?

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how their logic is "The state should own it not the drat Feds!!" Only because they can use the ol "Well we just don't have the funding to preserve this land so we have to sell it to this here private company!"

I'm pretty sure they're planning on selling it for a pittance, too. They'll justify it with a bunch of bullshit about helping the state economy while they continue to sabotage tourism. I hate them so much.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
i guess gary never got an answer lmao

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Who touched the poop?

That's a furry avatar, so that narrows it down to GBS posters.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

omg what does he think plagiarism is

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Luca, get your rear end in here so you can admit to touching the poop.

ZeButler fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 30, 2017

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

maybe he's saying it was plagiarized from this thread.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Who touched the poop?

You would think a cartoonist would understand the concept of satire.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That response is at least less stupid than Bok's when he saw edits of his cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This is just awful in so many ways.

1. Just look at those muscle clad angry looking "thugs" representing BLM
2. "Golden tweets" because holy jesus if you think anything he tweets is worthy of admiration (also lol piss)
3. The "trigglies" because yeah that's totally what your average person who is anti-Trump looks like (mathematically, they actually look like the average person, because the majority of people didn't want him)
4. Why are there three Bernies? Did he clone himself to get angry about losing?
5. And like having pepe frogs on your side is an accomplishment. Yeah way to go being the official troll party

Not related to Garrison, but what did Elizabeth Warren even do again? Claim she was part Native American for a scholarship or something? So, like what every single person with an ounce of non white heritage tries to do if they think they can?

• Locked thread