Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

WrenP-Complete posted:

Correct. I'm a psychologist who studies the effects of psychedelic substances. That chart was an attempt at showing relative/normalized emotional variability in a sample of people microdosing psilocybin (mushrooms) and LSD.

Also this. I'm importing a bunch of analysis I did in R to Excel and playing around with it so we can make our data and analysis open source. Excel is officially not meant for birds... or data scientists.

Do you need more data? Mail me some drugs and I'll post a trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I'm not sure I'd classify jazz as authoritarian.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Outrail posted:

Just go to TCC dude jeez

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Fathis Munk posted:

it's kind of a horseshoe thing. there's definitely a subgenre of jazz the appeals specifically to older white people

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Just go to TCC dude jeez

I'm no druggie.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Outrail posted:

Thank you for the offer. I'll post a notice in TCC when we are recruiting next. FWIW we don't do any distribution in the US but I expect RCTs in Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK in the next 12 months.

I don't know what medical conditions the RCTs will be studying yet, it's gonna depend on the analysis I'm working on now... And well, we can all see how that's going visualization-wise. (lol)

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Fathis Munk posted:

I think the chart is about the kind of music different sorts of people are into rather than any quality of the music itself, otherwise Vaporwave would be hovering a foot and a half to the left of my monitor right now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

WrenP-Complete posted:

Thank you for the offer. I'll post a notice in TCC when we are recruiting next. FWIW we don't do any distribution in the US but I expect RCTs in Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK in the next 12 months.

I don't know what medical conditions the RCTs will be studying yet, it's gonna depend on the analysis I'm working on now... And well, we can all see how that's going visualization-wise. (lol)

Uh what? I thought I was joking.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Outrail posted:

Uh what? I thought I was joking.

I'm afraid you're already signed up. Your LSD will be administered to you at a randomly selected date in the next three weeks via a hidden tab inserted into your breakfast. Thank you for your contribution to science.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Angepain posted:

I'm afraid you're already signed up. Your LSD will be administered to you at a randomly selected date in the next three weeks via a hidden tab inserted into your breakfast. Thank you for your contribution to science.

People really don't read the Forums Rules, do they? There's a release on the fifth page.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Angepain posted:

I aint even mad.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/cyriakharris/status/934394248727810048

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Fixed it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The awfulest of graphs, close thread we've gone too far no wait we've stayed too much in the centre.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

The awfulest of graphs, close thread we've gone too far no wait we've stayed too much in the centre.

I don't disagree with you, but I also don't fully agree.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

So is this supposed to be an illustration of the golden mean fallacy?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Goon Danton posted:

I've created it, because it's funny. You can use it however you like.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Goon Danton posted:

Its a sign posted in the Southpark writing bullpen.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Surprised this thing hasn't been posted (unless I missed it in my skim-through):
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/08/12/the_1931_histomap_the_entire_history_of_the_world_distilled_into_a_single.html

There's one for evolution, too:
https://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~275397~90048657:The-Histomap-of-Evolution

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Some of this looks kinda racist. Also lol that our reptile overlord aren't shown as the dominant species on this planet.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Is this implying that some terrorism is, in fact , peacekeeping?

:911:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
No, that's called supporting moderate rebels

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

From a nursing textbook published in 2014.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/10/23/nursing-textbook-pulled-over-stereotypes

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:eyepop:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Americans may not request pain medication, because it can ruin them financially, as it's not covered by their insurance.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Germans: Only great pain is the liberator of the spirit.

noether
May 1, 2017

Paladinus posted:

Americans may not request pain medication, because it can ruin them financially, as it's not covered by their insurance.

redpillers may reject pain meds at first, citing their own exemplary masculinity as the only resistance to pain they need

they will also break down crying at the slightest pin prick

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

noether posted:

redpillers may reject pain meds at first, citing their own exemplary masculinity as the only resistance to pain they need

they will also break down crying at the slightest pin prick

So, whenever they look down.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Platystemon posted:

:discourse:

noether
May 1, 2017

Platystemon posted:

:vince:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Platystemon posted:

:supaburn:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Platystemon posted:

goddamn

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Isn't the part about blacks almost comically wrong? From what I heard, white doctors systematically underreport how much pain their black patients are in and give them less pain medication.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Zemyla posted:

Isn't the part about blacks almost comically wrong? From what I heard, white doctors systematically underreport how much pain their black patients are in and give them less pain medication.

Yeah, that's the belief that causes that behavior. Doc thinks - Black people overestimate their pain > I'll give this person less pain medication, since they are exaggerating.

VVV yes, this too. I was just trying to connect the two ideas so they wouldn't seem like a contradiction.

WrenP-Complete has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Nov 30, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yeah, that's the belief that causes that behavior. Doc thinks - Black people overestimate their pain > I'll give this person less pain medication, since they are exaggerating.

“overstimate” is too generous.

Far too often, doctors think black people are faking symptoms so they can get high/sell pills on the side.

The abuse of prescription painkillers is a real problem, but racial profiling sure isn’t the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

It is interesting how the one group on that list that is technically a religion is the only one where they don't mention anything about their faith.

It also seems like the most blunt and negative description. Whoever wrote this seems almost reverent of every culture except for the "Blacks" and the "Jews", as they label them