Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Garrison drew Trump with a hint of chin fat. Progress people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

i guess gary never got an answer lmao

Yeah, Duke Ightorn! You unemployed fool!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Grimdude posted:

This is just awful in so many ways.

1. Just look at those muscle clad angry looking "thugs" representing BLM
I mean, #1 should be "it doesn't fit the rhythm of the song at all"

but I fuckin love those little black dudes, they know black lives matter and they're just here to flex and look stern and be woke

stay woke lil' BLM strawmen

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

i guess gary never got an answer lmao

I guess when you're a hack you would think that copy/pasting takes a full day's work instead of 15-30 minutes.

Kaza42 posted:

What is the significance of the pickle thing?
Someone one Facebook disagreed with gary on something, and it came down to gary making weird references to buying pickles from a gas station and coming over to punch the other guy (i think it was another cartoonist).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

I guess when you're a hack you would think that copy/pasting takes a full day's work instead of 15-30 minutes.
Someone one Facebook disagreed with gary on something, and it came down to gary making weird references to buying pickles from a gas station and coming over to punch the other guy (i think it was another cartoonist).

No, I think it was just some random dude really.

Also I still remember his not Sandra Fluke, ok now it totally IS Sandra Fluke but the first one STILL ISN'T HERE thing from years ago. Goddamn.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh hurry the gently caress up and rupture your liver already, you drunk gently caress.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Haha someone @s Gary with an edited version of his own cartoon and he goes "A-HA!! A plagiarist!!" Like, wow, you really cracked the case, Inspector.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i didnt know it was so easy to piss off mccoy. i got a twitter too, better go make some edits

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

corn in the bible posted:

i didnt know it was so easy to piss off mccoy. i got a twitter too, better go make some edits

Make them gross and when you show them ask him why he would draw something so gross.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Republicans posted:

Make them gross and when you show them ask him why he would draw something so gross.

So show him one of his original cartoons?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I hear "thoughts and prayers" a hell of a lot more often than I hear "celebrate diversity."

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Stevoblunt posted:

So show him one of his original cartoons?

I mean gross in the most juvenile sense. Make one about two people eating eachother's boogers.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Grimdude posted:

Not related to Garrison, but what did Elizabeth Warren even do again? Claim she was part Native American for a scholarship or something? So, like what every single person with an ounce of non white heritage tries to do if they think they can?

Not even that, she was listed as native American in the directory of the law school she was working at before she got into politics. Afaik she never used that on an application, so it's just the right wing hate machine targeting a politician they hate.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

I hear "thoughts and prayers" a hell of a lot more often than I hear "celebrate diversity."

I hope someone is following Tinsley around every day and saying "celebrate diversity" to him repeatedly, popping out at him just as he lets his guard down from the last time, because (a) that's funny and (b) I can't see how he came up with this equivalence otherwise.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i think it needs to be as shameless as possible for full effect ie

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Your lyrics for 2, 4, 7, and 9 don't fit the cadence of the song, you idiot

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

i think it needs to be as shameless as possible for full effect ie

Needs more chair label.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm not opposed to seeing a bunch of McCoy edits calling out Conservative sex predators.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

he is still so angry at that furry guy

https://twitter.com/mccoygary/status/936124564479905794

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh, and if possible make the edits use stuff from Glenn McCoy's cartoons. I always suspected he harbors some resentment toward him for being obviously more talented.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

My god he has the saddest timeline i've ever seen. Its just endless automated posts tracking who follows or unfollows him
https://twitter.com/mccoygary

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Does Gary actually think that the point of the edit was to claim it as their own work, or is he just claiming plagiarism in bad faith? Like, anyone can plainly see that there are two very different art styles, nobody could possibly be convinced the edit was an original work. It's so obvious that the edit isn't intended to deceive. Maybe he's just seen so many poorly edited conservative facebook memes he thinks this is what discourse on the internet is like.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Tired: Stupid or Bad Faith?

Wired: Stupid & Bad Faith.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i was pretty sure his brother's pity was what put food on Gary's table, so color me surprised

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

sheep-dodger posted:

Not even that, she was listed as native American in the directory of the law school she was working at before she got into politics. Afaik she never used that on an application, so it's just the right wing hate machine targeting a politician they hate.

Snopes on this subject

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

SexyBlindfold posted:

i was pretty sure his brother's pity was what put food on Gary's table, so color me surprised

Stable, he's feeding horses with cartooning. Or possibly birds, horses usually go in a stable.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gary McCoy has a beef with someecards because he thinks he came up with the original joke of a liberal strawman redistributing candy equally at Halloween, and someone made a similar card there:

Gary McCoy posted:

Hey someecards, do you have clip art of someone being plagiarized
Updated Oct 26 Public
As has become a yearly tradition...and so it goes....

Here I go again... a Halloween editorial cartoon I did for my syndicate, Caglecartoons.com, has been widely circulated (mostly in the liberal, plagiarized form), since 2006. The Huffington Post FB page had been using the plagiarized version last year until despite my admonitions, until FB forced them to take it down. Someecards used a version of it also, and is again this year, although it's been edited quite a bit in an attempt to distance themselves I suppose.

What follows is the original, and its bastardized incarnations. Sheesh, if I'd known my original would get this much mileage, I'd have spent more time on it (Not that it would have mattered much.).

Album is here (it's public): https://m.facebook.com/gary.mccoy.372/albums/10151478670529619/

The guy thinks he came up with that joke and anyone else that came up with it is a PLAGARIST.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

King Possum III posted:

Garrison is trying to squeeze a few bucks from last year's Christmas cartoon by aggressively hawking it on his website and sending mass emails to his followers. He promises a new one soon.

I plan to create the 2017 version soon. But this oldie, but goodie from last season still brings holiday cheer.

12 Lefties Crying
11 Eagles Flying
10 Angry Muslims
9 Big Liars Crashing
8 Russians Hacking
7 Black Lives Matterin'
6 Triggered Trigglies
5 Golden TWEETS
4 Pepes Kek-ing
3 Bern Outs
2 Losing Clintons
...And a Donald Trump Presidency

-Ben Garrison

Just a reminder that "trigglypuff's" only crime was shouting over Milo Yianopolous while being unattractive. This was when the Nazis where still giving college campus speeches rather than marching in the streets and running down pedestrians. It really bugs me that so many reasonable people I know fell for the altright version where she was just whining about her feelings being hurt.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

420 Gank Mid posted:

My god he has the saddest timeline i've ever seen. Its just endless automated posts tracking who follows or unfollows him
https://twitter.com/mccoygary

I like how he calls himself a "thinker". Beats doing everything via animal impulse I suppose.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ZeButler posted:

Luca, get your rear end in here so you can admit to touching the poop.

I think whoever it was created that fake account spoiled the joke by putting the space in the wrong place, but even a McCoy might not have fallen for it if he'd called himself Lucas Hoal.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Changes to NN will ensure that the internet can work hard and work fast for people who pay a lot of money for the privilege, and not at all/actively against ordinary folks, AGC.

Also,

Also
This is plagiarism, also this is probably the only sort of person who would actually plagiarize a McCoy:

quote:

This week, anti-abortion activists staged an eBay auction to help raise a legal defense fund for Scott Roeder, who was charged with murdering abortion provider George Tiller back in May. With the auction, anti-abortion activists were hoping to capitalize on Roeder's newfound notoriety by selling off a series of his signed, pro-life memorabilia.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

are they golden tweets because they're golden like piss?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

nice

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was gonna write something pissed off but then a realized that he really does see “celebrate diversity” as empty as I see “thoughts and prayers”. The gulf in perception between us isn’t even something to get angry about anymore, just depressed.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes has a page of how Australian editorial cartoonists see Trump that, bizarrely, does not include any Pope.

Trump is constantly tweeting about other people's sexual misconduct without being held accountable for his own.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

"way to keep people alive there, doc" has to be the weakest burn this side of pluto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, doc, my family's stable of champion thoroughbred horses don't feed themselves :smug:

need to make weird cartoons conflating net neutrality and trans people for that

• Locked thread