Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tollymain posted:

fun times in monster pulse. im sure shattering a bunch of tubes filled with monster-generating ghost things couldn't possibly lead to unforeseen consequences

Lulenski's getting ghost'd, and her dumb rear end 100% deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Nancy's mom and the director are also in close range for ghotsing.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

ghost squared

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rand Brittain posted:

Wait, so did he not tell his parents he's alive again?

It sure sounds like it. I guess he thinks they're better off keeping him as a memory and moving on with their lives or something? Still feels like he should tell them though.

Mors Rattus posted:

Pretty much everything that happens to him since dumping Esther is weird to me and seems to be happening to a different character than the one I enjoyed reading about in SGR.

(So was dumping Esther.)

Wait, did Eustace dump Esther? I know Esther cheated on him the first week she got into college, but I thought she confessed about it and the two just awkwardly fell apart.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

nine-gear crow posted:

Has the comic ever said anything about someone getting multi-ghost bonuses? Because what if they just go all in on skin-man and turn him into a monster voltron?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Has the comic ever said anything about someone getting multi-ghost bonuses? Because what if they just go all in on skin-man and turn him into a monster voltron?

Not that I know of. I'd just assumed the comic was functioning implicitly on Digimon rules: 1 person, 1monster. Whenever wild ghosts have shown up before, they tend to bee-line for non-mosterized people over trying to double tap one of the kids, from what I recall. I dunno, we might very well see what happens if someone gets hit by more than one ghost. Wouldn't it be ironic if that's what stabilizes Rjinder?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The plot thickens!

So, clearly timedad is up to something. The question is, what?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

nine-gear crow posted:

Not that I know of. I'd just assumed the comic was functioning implicitly on Digimon rules: 1 person, 1monster. Whenever wild ghosts have shown up before, they tend to bee-line for non-mosterized people over trying to double tap one of the kids, from what I recall. I dunno, we might very well see what happens if someone gets hit by more than one ghost. Wouldn't it be ironic if that's what stabilizes Rjinder?

Yeah but he's the badguy and this is the final battle, so something special might happen if we're playing by anime villain rules. Then he's going to transform into a new freaky form.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

The plot thickens!

So, clearly timedad is up to something. The question is, what?

Maybe Tim Jones' dad really did spontaneously combust and this isn't him at all!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

amigolupus posted:

Wait, did Eustace dump Esther? I know Esther cheated on him the first week she got into college, but I thought she confessed about it and the two just awkwardly fell apart.

I remember it happening but, well, I got into SGR for The Boy And Esther Have Cute Adventures for the most part and so I kind of starting to fall out around the time that happened and it was confirmed for me that yes, this would be about Shelly Winters forever, so I may be misremembering.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
My insistence that Time Dad is actually future Tim continues to pay off.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

My insistence that Time Dad is actually future Tim continues to pay off.

AND still really Tim's dad

That or it's the kid they just had

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

The giant days comic arc led to the Giant Days comic series, so I think it's a net gain.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

AND still really Tim's dad

That or it's the kid they just had

I don't know if he has the look of a Peggy.

Still betting on mythical creature!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rand Brittain posted:

Wait, so did he not tell his parents he's alive again?

"Hey, Mom, Dad, I'm not an impostor. See I used an eldritch cursed computer to see my girlfriend and it turns out she was dead and in hell, so it killed me and I got sent to hell where I became a demon horse. But my girlfriend was really bad at being a demon, so she got cast out, and me with her, so now we are alive again, and I'm not a horse anymore. I'm glad we had that talk."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Cat Mattress posted:

"Hey, Mom, Dad, I'm not an impostor. See I used an eldritch cursed computer to see my girlfriend and it turns out she was dead and in hell, so it killed me and I got sent to hell where I became a demon horse. But my girlfriend was really bad at being a demon, so she got cast out, and me with her, so now we are alive again, and I'm not a horse anymore. I'm glad we had that talk."

Well, that's basically what Shelley does, although she also appears to collect on life insurance at the same time.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I've been doing some random-walking on Hiveworks and Webtoon and I'm gonna recommend a few of the highlights I've been finding that way. (All are pretty much SFW, because I read them during work downtime.)

StarHammer: A teenage girl in a society full of superheroes inherits an extremely powerful alien/supertech hammer from a disgraced superheroine by accident. Life gets complicated.
The Automan's Daughter: In an alternate history in which the Ottoman Empire is a world superpower and there are giant robot fighting leagues, a young woman (and niece of the head of a major robot-making company) tries to be a mechanic despite patriarchal society, a disapproving mother and sinister French plots against her family. Slow-paced but I love the art style.
Tigress Queen: A wealthy prince must marry a barbarian warrior-queen to secure a peace treaty. He has no desire to do this, and she has no respect for his country anyway. Not many pages, but it's gorgeous.
[un]Divine: An rear end in a top hat teenager on a small and extremely religious Hispanic island summons a demon at the cost of his soul, in an effort to make his life not suck. The demon is cute and helpful, except for the part where the kid pukes blood constantly now. Has a pretty neat religion that is more than the Not Catholicism it first seems to be.
My Giant Nerd Boyfriend: A journal comic about a short Chinese-Malaysian girl and her giant nerd boyfriend. Not anime in the slightest.
Just For Kicks: Slice-of-life about a Taekwondo club at some university nebulously in North America. Kind of anime.
Check Please: Slice-of-life about a tiny gay boy from Georgia joining a college hockey team in Massachusetts. Extremely cute. Uses some weird slideshow thing for its comics, which takes some getting used to.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mors Rattus posted:

I've been doing some random-walking on Hiveworks and Webtoon and I'm gonna recommend a few of the highlights I've been finding that way. (All are pretty much SFW, because I read them during work downtime.)

StarHammer: A teenage girl in a society full of superheroes inherits an extremely powerful alien/supertech hammer from a disgraced superheroine by accident. Life gets complicated.

"Oh, this looks interesting, let's check it out"

Huh.

Here's hoping they manage something!

[un]Divine looks neat too!

Thanks for the recs.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Mors Rattus posted:

My Giant Nerd Boyfriend: A journal comic about a short Chinese-Malaysian girl and her giant nerd boyfriend. Not anime in the slightest.
Check Please: Slice-of-life about a tiny gay boy from Georgia joining a college hockey team in Massachusetts. Extremely cute. Uses some weird slideshow thing for its comics, which takes some getting used to.

These are both super good. My Giant Nerd Boyfriend is adorable and funny and a good light read. Check, Please! I think I ran into here in a previous Webcomics thread (jokingly called Hockey Twink, and I've accidentally called it that to friends before), and is also a SUPER good story. Early art is a bit rough but it evens out super well.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

Thanks for posting this one. If it's the one I think it is it's one the bad webcomics thread posted then realized they liked, but I had forgotten the actual name of it.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Have we talked about Cassiopeia Quinn before? It's about a space rogue lady dressed in a couple triangles who goes on adventures with a robot partner stealing stuff from stuffy Space Navy types and Jello people.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mors Rattus posted:

This is going straight in my bookmarks.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I took a look at that and it looked good, but I decided to read it at home and not at work because titties.

e: Oh hey, Yale Stewart (the artist of JL8) is doing a 50% off sale on all stuff in his store to finance his move, including original art from the strip.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 30, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

On a similar vein, I'd also recommend Green & Gold (or it's original German version Grün & Gold). Same sort of premise, only swap out Georgia college with German boarding school. It's kind of on a semi-hiatus now because the author/artist is a professional children's book illustrator in Germany, so that takes up a lot of her time now, but it's kind of cool if you want to try and learn to read German to compare the original version with the translated one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mors Rattus posted:

"tiny"

"Bitty"

Looks like a kid compared to everyone else

His mom says he's 5'7

He's taller than me. :saddowns:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Samuringa posted:

"tiny"

"Bitty"

Looks like a kid compared to everyone else

His mom says he's 5'7

He's taller than me. :saddowns:

Generally speaking, hockey players tend to be 6'+. Players who are like 5'9" are considered small for the sport. So yeah, in the real world, Eric would be of average height. But in the hockey world, which the comic is based and stylized around, he's positively minuscule.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nine-gear crow posted:

Generally speaking, hockey players tend to be 6'+. Players who are like 5'9" are considered small for the sport. So yeah, in the real world, Eric would be of average height. But in the hockey world, which the comic is based and stylized around, he's positively minuscule.

Mats Zuccarello is also 5'7" and he's a fan favorite in NY for the Rangers.

Also, I'm throwing my hat in the ring for Check Please.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It is a good, good comic, and I wish lovely got to complain about law school even more.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Mors Rattus posted:

[un]Divine: An rear end in a top hat teenager on a small and extremely religious Hispanic island summons a demon at the cost of his soul, in an effort to make his life not suck. The demon is cute and helpful, except for the part where the kid pukes blood constantly now. Has a pretty neat religion that is more than the Not Catholicism it first seems to be.

[un]Divine is real good, I love these shitheads

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Mors Rattus posted:

I always thought this comic was a spinoff of Shortpacked/Dumbing of Age/whatever. Am I going crazy or is there any basis to my memories?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mycot posted:

I always thought this comic was a spinoff of Shortpacked/Dumbing of Age/whatever. Am I going crazy or is there any basis to my memories?

You're going crazy.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

IronSaber posted:

Have we talked about Cassiopeia Quinn before? It's about a space rogue lady dressed in a couple triangles who goes on adventures with a robot partner stealing stuff from stuffy Space Navy types and Jello people.

It's weird because nothing else in the comic is so cheesecake as the main character's outfit, so like that outfit kind of puts people off- or attracts people and then doesn't follow through? Or uh, I've confused myself. I mean the blue captain lady is swank as heck, but uh my point is put on some drat pants.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Oh hey, after yesterday's cliffhanger the one thing I really wanted was a segue into Desmond loving Fishman.

http://www.scarygoround.com/?date=20171201

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Oh hey, after yesterday's cliffhanger the one thing I really wanted was a segue into Desmond loving Fishman.

Fotheringay loving despairs in panel four.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Pistol_Pete posted:

Oh no.

Oh no.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Shell's HR department is going to be sending out a very sternly worded email on Monday about employees leaving the windows open.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it would have made more sense if the window was broken too rather just being open???

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
People complaining about Desmond Fishman is legitimately funnier than whatever the comic would be otherwise 9 times out of 10 so BRING ON THE FISH.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Any time I see Dez, I hope Moon and Earnest show up. How much time does Moon have remaining on her sentence, anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Desmon Fishman reminds me of my favourite person in the whole wide world, myself.