Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Also you can get 1-2 exotics in an hour just from doing public events at a leisurely place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm excited for December 12th when I can use my vast stockpile of shards to get every single exotic I'm missing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

Even if he didn't the game drops legendaries at you so often that every Exotic would have to cost 100+ shards a pop to even make a dent into a dedicated players pile.

I've got like 1400 shards before I stopped playing and I wouldn't even say I was dedicated.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Also you can get 1-2 exotics in an hour just from doing public events at a leisurely place

I think I'd rather just die.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
A reddit thread going over the upcoming changes, if you didn't already read this elsewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7ghith/the_state_of_destiny_2/

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 30, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

A reddit thread going over the upcoming changes for people like me who'd rather just read lists than watch a meandering livestream.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7ghith/the_state_of_destiny_2/

that reddit thread is literally a copy -> paste of the bungie blog post that was published yesterday. there was no live stream. :ughh:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAB posted:

that reddit thread is literally a copy -> paste of the bungie blog post that was published yesterday. there was no live stream. :ughh:

My brain works. IT WORKS drat YOU!

edit:

quote:

[DEC 12] Exploit safeguards on Chests and Resource Nodes are greatly relaxed and players should encounter them less frequently
Even if they do, drop rates for Tokens is only reduced to 30% instead of 0%, and Glimmer will be unaffected
We want to associate a visual indicator with this in a future update, but we weren’t able to pull that off in this update (but we hear you!)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 30, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just started playing this yesterday and it’s... different. I never played D1 so the whole structure of the game appearing to be hubs where adventures and missions happen while also being somehow connected to other players that are doing the same poo poo in the nearby areas seems almost mmorpg like. The combat so far feels incredibly loving casual but as a grind make numbers go bigger on your gun it’s almost a welcome addition to just relax and play a bit here and there. I haven’t tried any PVP (which is what the crucible is, I imagine) and the story seems incredibly dumb (oh no we lost our powers for like 5 minutes in which I was forced to: limp around some ruins, punch some demon dogs, punch some alien dudes, get powers back then magic punch more dudes) but I imagine it’s just a game too high on itself so whatever.

I haven’t looked into the season pass because I haven’t decided if I’m just giving this game to my brother but I’m hoping this is fun for a few weeks at least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
just noticed this gem too:

On the balance, Reputation required per Reward Engram will increase for Destination Factions (+37%) and Gunsmith (+50%)

So they're increasing the number of tokens and rep resource items we're getting... but also increasing the amount required to earn engrams. Those appear to be conflicting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just started playing this yesterday and it’s... different. I never played D1 so the whole structure of the game appearing to be hubs where adventures and missions happen while also being somehow connected to other players that are doing the same poo poo in the nearby areas seems almost mmorpg like. The combat so far feels incredibly loving casual but as a grind make numbers go bigger on your gun it’s almost a welcome addition to just relax and play a bit here and there. I haven’t tried any PVP (which is what the crucible is, I imagine) and the story seems incredibly dumb (oh no we lost our powers for like 5 minutes in which I was forced to: limp around some ruins, punch some demon dogs, punch some alien dudes, get powers back then magic punch more dudes) but I imagine it’s just a game too high on itself so whatever.

I haven’t looked into the season pass because I haven’t decided if I’m just giving this game to my brother but I’m hoping this is fun for a few weeks at least.

It's a fun romp, deffo play it until you get bored of it.

If you enjoy D2, D1 holds up and has a fuckload of PVE content so just go play it while they fix this game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This is "The Music of the Spheres" that Mary O'Donnell wanted to release and was part of his whole fight with Activision. It's Destiny 1's music with a lot of little differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTxPVV6nE8

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
A good visual indicator for showing a chest will be empty would be not showing the loving chest you retards

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

A good visual indicator for showing a chest will be empty would be not showing the loving chest you retards
But they won't ever be empty anymore...? They'll just have the chance of getting a token reduced, but they'll always have glimmer. I imagine they mean a HUD element that shows you've hit the cooldown...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just realized that Bungie could apply a big bandaid to the cru meta pretty easily

Bring back the Zhalo (riskrunner just doesn't work in cru for fightin teamshot)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe guardians are imbeciles and the ghost is the one doing math stuff.

*ghost voice*

The chest only had 2 coins and a blue t-shirt

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Qv9QfbY.gifv

lol I forgot about this one

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Strangely this is actually funnier because it doesn't really work

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i miss the good old days

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm glad I'm average at shooters and dont care about my stats at all

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I'm terrible at shooters and I still played

http://i.imgur.com/eb4L5TW.gifv

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Glad to know I've been positioned to secure all the new exotics in the 4 days before I get bored of the new DLC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't wait for you to play 60 hours in like 3 days then scream about how the game is bad

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

yeah people shouldn't take off work to play Destiny

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
in D1 you could actually be a support player

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"Oh drat, we're playing a six stack. Moist is 1500 elo. Wtf his KD is trash lmao how the fu-"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is Spicy Ramen rotating out with the expansion?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

Is Spicy Ramen rotating out with the expansion?

Yes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I'm terrible at shooters and I still played

http://i.imgur.com/eb4L5TW.gifv

lol, that poo poo is so loving funny

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Funnier when it happens to heavy ammo, pretty sure I've seen a gif of that too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Funnier when it happens to heavy ammo, pretty sure I've seen a gif of that too

ragtime.wav

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hiddenriverninja posted:

yeah people shouldn't take off work to play Destiny

I'm gonna next week, but it also means I won't be at work. My one regret is that I will be unable to stare at a specific cute butt, but that's OK.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I also noticed there was no mention of being able to finally see your loving world quests over the constant glimmer display.
Enjoy continuing to wait 5 minutes to see how far you've gotten, and you better not kill anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I also noticed there was no mention of being able to finally see your loving world quests over the constant glimmer display.
Enjoy continuing to wait 5 minutes to see how far you've gotten, and you better not kill anything.

And your squadmates better not kill anything either.

It looks like the Alexa ghost will only respond to voice commands specifically related to Destiny 2, which is hilariously stupid, but it did make me wonder about the feasibility of stuffing the guts of an Echo Dot into my old Destiny 1 Legendary Edition ghost. Unfortunately it looks like the ghost is much too small for this (3.3" circuit board in the Dot, less than 3" of solid body on the ghost).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Have they said anything about normal balance changes and the like?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

It looks like...only ...stuffing the guts ...less than 3"...solid...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Have they said anything about normal balance changes and the like?

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/936062362733314048

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Doing the free trial of this to see if I'm into it. Can anyone link me a guide or breakdown the classes/sub-classes and their play styles?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

remember when everyone didn't have a roaming super

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A true-blue Echo Dot won't fit but a Raspberry Pi Zero just might...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Doing the free trial of this to see if I'm into it. Can anyone link me a guide or breakdown the classes/sub-classes and their play styles?

Just play a titan and switch to the striker subclass when it becomes available. It's rad as gently caress.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

hiddenriverninja posted:

remember when everyone didn't have a roaming super

Getting a 4+ kill in PVP with nova bomb or titan slam was so satisfying, what exactly is the D2 equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

texaholic posted:

Getting a 4+ kill in PVP with nova bomb or titan slam was so satisfying, what exactly is the D2 equivalent?

getting three people with your titan slam then sprinting across the map and getting another three off the spawn before your super runs out :awesome: